Move To The City (1988 Acoustic Version)

Kinda sad that there's not much left in the unreleased catalog... except for the live Canter recordings... no working songs or other rarities left... the pre-Internet days were fun when we searched for bootlegs at Hollywood record stores.  Everything is so accessible from the Internet that collecting is less of a challenge...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kevinb said:

Kinda sad that there's not much left in the unreleased catalog... except for the live Canter recordings... no working songs or other rarities left... the pre-Internet days were fun when we searched for bootlegs at Hollywood record stores.  Everything is so accessible from the Internet that collecting is less of a challenge...

Yea super accessible. Send me Jackie Chan/checkmate please

• Haha 4

I will send you Ides of March, Oklahoma, and The General first.  Or maybe the never-released Hollywood Rose songs International Boys, Beat on my Head, and Rock N Roll Rose.  Heard of those?  Look it up... they all exist but never to be released... trust me, I know what I'm talkin about... there are rarities that most fans know nothing about.  But my point is that these deep rarities will never surface... many were never completed.

• GNFNR 1

37 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I saw it earlier today. I prefer it over the Lies version.

The Jungle Sound City track was also released:

Not 100% sure, but I don't think I've heard that vocal track before. Haven't heard the bootleg demos for years though

Edited by uruguns

any info about session studio and date in this particular case? because I can't see any matching session in any existing list of AFD/Lies sessions...

there are supposed to be:

3 takes at Sound City studios (June 1986) - two regular takes (one circulating, the other one not) + one acoustic take (circulating)

1 take at Pasha Studios (August 1986)

maybe @Nikki_Sixx could guess?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

They got Axl’s voice so clear on this one! Excited to hear all the demo tracks next week 

It's clear because it's not a demo. Just an acoustic version recorded for Lies. His voice does sound great on the actual demos though, if we can go by the WTTJ one

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

44 minutes ago, zombux said:

any info about session studio and date in this particular case? because I can't see any matching session in any existing list of AFD/Lies sessions...

there are supposed to be:

3 takes at Sound City studios (June 1986) - two regular takes (one circulating, the other one not) + one acoustic take (circulating)

1 take at Pasha Studios (August 1986)

maybe @Nikki_Sixx could guess?

'Move To The City - Acoustic '88' is from the GNR Lies session in January '88.  Until the anouncement of the box set, it was unknown that this track was recorded at that session.  It is unheard and un-bootlegged.  The only things on the box set we hadn't heard are thus : 'Shadow Of Your Love' (Clink try-out session late '86', 'Move To The City' (acoustic from GNR Lies session early '88) and 'The Plague' and 'New Work Tune' (Sound City session June '86).

Here's what we know (and have) from the GNR Lies session with Mike Clink in January '88 :

- Patience (offiically released on GNR Lies)

- Used To Love Her (officially released on GNR Lies)

- You're Crazy (officially released on GNR Lies)

- One In A Million (officially released on GNR Lies)

- You're Crazy [alt. take] (officially released as b-side before GNR Lies was even released)

- Used To Love Her [alt. take] (available from Alan Niven's archive)

- Cornchucker (available from Alan Niven's archive)

- One In A Million (available from Alan Niven's archive)

- Move To The City ( officially released on the AFD box set)

None of the outtakes above are on the box set, which makes the GNR Lies section on that box incomplete, just like the AFD section which misses the entire Mystic '85 and Pasha '86 sessions (19 songs !!!).

Throw in an overload of toys instead of music, no live shit WHATSOEVER, and the one time chance to release a comprehensive AFD legacy set is ruined forever ... 

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

'Move To The City - Acoustic '88' is from the GNR Lies session in January '88.  Until the anouncement of the box set, it was unknown that this track was recorded at that session.  It is unheard and un-bootlegged.  The only things on the box set we hadn't heard are thus : 'Shadow Of Your Love' (Clink try-out session late '86', 'Move To The City' (acoustic from GNR Lies session early '88) and 'The Plague' and 'New Work Tune' (Sound City session June '86).

Here's what we know (and have) from the GNR Lies session with Mike Clink in January '88 :

- Patience (offiically released on GNR Lies)

- Used To Love Her (officially released on GNR Lies)

- You're Crazy (officially released on GNR Lies)

- One In A Million (officially released on GNR Lies)

- You're Crazy [alt. take] (officially released as b-side before GNR Lies was even released)

- Used To Love Her [alt. take] (available from Alan Niven's archive)

- Cornchucker (available from Alan Niven's archive)

- One In A Million (available from Alan Niven's archive)

- Move To The City ( officially released on the AFD box set)

None of the outtakes above are on the box set, which makes the GNR Lies section on that box incomplete, just like the AFD section which misses the entire Mystic '85 and Pasha '86 sessions (19 songs !!!).

Throw in an overload of toys instead of music, no live shit WHATSOEVER, and the one time chance to release a comprehensive AFD legacy set is ruined forever ... 

thanks! :)

my source says:

Rumbo Studios - 1988
01 Patience - The Alan Niven 1988 LIES Sessions
02 One in a Million - The Alan Niven 1988 LIES Sessions
03 You’re Crazy - The Alan Niven 1988 LIES Sessions [Officially Released & Mastered Version found on “Welcome To The Jungle (CDS)”]
04 Used To Love Her - The Alan Niven 1988 LIES Sessions
05 Cornshucker - The Alan Niven 1988 LIES Sessions

compared to your list, it means Patience from Alan Niven is the same as album version, or you forgot Patience in your list?

11 minutes ago, zombux said:

thanks! :)

my source says:

Rumbo Studios - 1988
01 Patience - The Alan Niven 1988 LIES Sessions
02 One in a Million - The Alan Niven 1988 LIES Sessions
03 You’re Crazy - The Alan Niven 1988 LIES Sessions [Officially Released & Mastered Version found on “Welcome To The Jungle (CDS)”]
04 Used To Love Her - The Alan Niven 1988 LIES Sessions
05 Cornshucker - The Alan Niven 1988 LIES Sessions

compared to your list, it means Patience from Alan Niven is the same as album version, or you forgot Patience in your list?

No, it's exactly the same, that's why I didn't list it.  MAYBE alt./rough mix at the most.  100% same take.

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

You're Crazy alt.take/b-side is included in the box.

With outtakes, I meant the stuff that was never officially released.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

waiting for Novermber Rain accoustic !!!! could be amazing

Bootlegged in '89, along with everything else on the AFD boxset (minus the toy-section), except for the 4 tracks mentioned earlier in this thread.

• Like 1