AFD - Both Special Editions (Piece-By-Piece Unboxing)

8 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

The fact that they decided to do this without any of Marc Canter's material is bizarre

It really shows that someone is very pissed off at Marc. We already know Fernando doesn't like him, from when he came here a few weeks back, but you would think that they would still use some of his photos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tourettes2400 said:

It really shows that someone is very pissed off at Marc. We already know Fernando doesn't like him, from when he came here a few weeks back, but you would think that they would still use some of his photos.

Maybe they tried to work out something and it failed? I'm just guessing, of course, but we know this box got delayed for about a year. It could also explain why Fernando seemed so bitter about Marc.

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Maybe they tried to work out something and it failed? I'm just guessing, of course, but we know this box got delayed for about a year. It could also explain why Fernando seemed so bitter about Marc.

Maybe so, it would make sense, I guess.

15 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

The fact that they decided to do this without any of Marc Canter's material is bizarre

At least Reckless Road will be a great accompaniment to this boxset regardless,!

Some concert footage is something I thought the boxset would have benefited from, I'm still undecided what I'm going to purchase but will probably just go for the one at £130.

29 minutes ago, baldek said:

I don't know why but somehow, after watching that video, I don't feel like buying it anymore.

Gonna cancel my pre-order and order the original CD again, to replace my worn out copy.

It MIGHT be because it's a total cashgrab not worth its price. It looks good because of all the junk, but realistically you just want the music. The rest will just sit there in a box and you'll never use it or look at it anyway. And this barely offers anything the average bootlegger doesn't already have. They should at least include 1 or 2 live shows from the 80s. Or some more interesting material. This is nowhere near worth its price for me. 

Edited by username
  • Like 3

I am actually glad that they didn't just throw them up to sell and offered a pre-sale, because it gave me time to realize that I am crazy to buy this. I almost pre-ordered it because of the hype. I was just happy we were getting something, but seriously, what the hell am I going to do with over half the filler stuff in there? Do I need the replica tattoos? :lol:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I can't believe there isn't a Vinyl version of this. I'd totally have bought this if those were records and not CDs. Refuse to pay a grand for that locked n loaded box just to get vinyls. 

Seems like a wasted opportunity to me. Does anybody even buy CDs any more? 

I buy cd's. I like to have a hard copy of the music I buy with all the artwork (or at least an official item I can have as a source to rip my music from)

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I feel sorry for Marc Canter, he seem great person ,who is Fernando to like o not like Marc❓👎😡

• Sad 1

I have seen all those flyers, posters, foto shoots and even read those newsletters to the fans. I’m pretty sure all of you have too. „Unseen pictures“ ... WHAT? They’re all up and down the internet. Is this even legal to advertise something like that? It’s a blunt lie!

• Haha 1

I don't know about other fans but I have had all that stuff on bootlegs for years. Those 2-3 alternate mixes along with the packaging and some photos don't justify the price for me. And I don't want a classic album that sounds perfect in the first place sterilised and in 5.1 either...I think I'll pass and rather buy some pedals or a concert ticket for that money.

Anyone else think that presentation video would have been 1000x cooler if the band members would have come together and present their historic album themselves? :shrugs: