AFD - Both Special Editions (Piece-By-Piece Unboxing)

8 hours ago, Its Tino said:

Since he refers to the physical material as “faux leather” so many times, shouldn’t he refer to some of the songs as “faux unreleased tracks”

:shrugs:

Pretty soon they’ll have to add a disclaimer to the concert tickets warning fans of faux vocals.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, uruguns said:

I wonder what does exactly 'discrete 5.1' mean

It means it's taken from the original multitracks, so the 5.1 mix has different elements of the mix arranged in discrete channels (as opposed to ambient where they're just spread around from a stereo mix).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ubertrout said:

It means it's taken from the original multitracks, so the 5.1 mix has different elements of the mix arranged in discrete channels (as opposed to ambient where they're just spread around from a stereo mix).

Got it. Thank you.

2 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Anybody who bought/experienced the release of AFD in the 80's should not be buying this shit. This is for the young suckers that do not know any better.

How many young people have a spare $1000 kicking around? How many people under 35 have surround sound systems to listen to the 5.1?

This is totally for the 50+ crowd. The same people who buy certain signature Les Pauls to hang on their walls, never played.

• Thanks 1

at 9:07  and 9:35 of the unboxing of the Locked and Loaded he is showing a bunch of Flyers and 2 of them look like they are autographed from Duff Slash and someone else (Steven?), are these actual autograph's? it does not look like a pre-printed thing and the fact the same 3 signed both of them has me thinking it is real

2 minutes ago, k12 said:

at 9:07  and 9:35 of the unboxing of the Locked and Loaded he is showing a bunch of Flyers and 2 of them look like they are autographed from Duff Slash and someone else (Steven?), are these actual autograph's? it does not look like a pre-printed thing and the fact the same 3 signed both of them has me thinking it is real

They didnt sit tight and do 10 000 autographs.

but yea, I would definitely like to own this Locked and Loaded, but $1,000 is beyond insane, sell me this thing for $450 now and I am buying it, sell it to me for $450 in 2 years I am probably forgetting about it and I have lost my desire to buy it, I have no idea how they are making 10,000 of these things and expecting to sell them anywhere north of $500, much less $1,000 fucking dollars, I can not imagine more then like 600 or so if these things have been sold at $1,000

4 hours ago, Ubertrout said:

awesome!!

I got 10 times more excited by this information.

this is going to be epiiiiic :drool:

6 minutes ago, k12 said:

and these idiots are eventually going to reduce the price on the locked and loaded, but it is going to be to late, because a large chunk of the people are going to buy the Deluxe Edition, and have no desire to have 2 of the same thing, so even if the locked and loaded is reduced to like $400 they are not going to get it

Will they have actually made 10,000 upfront or is that just a ceiling number they have set it at? With the long preorder time maybe they are only making the ones they get orders for?

Perhaps not but it does seem ambitious to have 10k ready made sat in a warehouse somewhere.