AFD - Both Special Editions (Piece-By-Piece Unboxing)

16 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I have seen all those flyers, posters, foto shoots and even read those newsletters to the fans. I’m pretty sure all of you have too. „Unseen pictures“ ... WHAT? They’re all up and down the internet. Is this even legal to advertise something like that? It’s a blunt lie!

True that. Did he say those pics are never seen before? :question:

LMAO! They are all around over the Internet.

Don't know what's inside the book though.... Might be the only novelty of this box :shrugs:

24 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

I don't know about other fans but I have had all that stuff on bootlegs for years. Those 2-3 alternate mixes along with the packaging and some photos don't justify the price for me. And I don't want a classic album that sounds perfect in the first place sterilised and in 5.1 either...I think I'll pass and rather buy some pedals or a concert ticket for that money.

Anyone else think that presentation video would have been 1000x cooler if the band members would have come together and present their historic album themselves? :shrugs:

Agree about presentation video👍

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Propaganda said:

They should have included at least 1 Live show from that era in high quality sound, and a different show in video as well.

They could have included The Roxy show as the video one and then The Ritz as the audio one.

A pro shot would've been ideal for it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MrMojo said:

A pro shot would've been ideal for it. 

They should have recorded video and audio for the Troubadour show 2006, in my opinion, and include it. 

Not that I’m not gonna be satisfied. I will and I’ll buy it anyways, but it would be a better experience for the fans.

The impression I get is that they should have made more research through youtube and other scources, to know what’s out there etc...

it feels the project was a bit rushed.

Edited by Propaganda

Just now, Propaganda said:

They should have recorded video and audio for the Troubadour show 2006, in my opinion, and include it. 

Not that I’m not gonna be satisfied. I will and I’ll buy it anyways, but it would be a better experience for the fans.

I don't know how much the band was involved on this but any concert from the 86 to 89 era would have been a perfect fit and maybe justified the price a little. Going to pass for the minute.

• Like 1

Just now, MrMojo said:

I don't know how much the band was involved on this but any concert from the 86 to 89 era would have been a perfect fit and maybe justified the price a little. Going to pass for the minute.

True. I would buy it just for the remaster. I’ll either buy the two disc or the deluxe edition. Probably the deluxe edition for the blu ray.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I'm sorry but I just can't understand anyone who is paying for this in any way, shape or form. In the age of streaming, everything in this set will be available to listen to without spending $180.

Agreed. I will wait for the price to come way down and then decide. In the meantime....  Free is for me.

Edited by 31illusions
  • Like 1

Just now, Propaganda said:

True. I would buy it just for the remaster. I’ll either buy the two disc or the deluxe edition. Probably the deluxe edition for the blu ray.

Hopefully the remaster sounds good and isn't too clean sounding.

6 minutes ago, 80309561 said:

whats that??? i don't use streaming

this forum is not the audience of this boxset. this is for casuals that go to concerts which is about 90% of the audience at a concert.

No casual fan is going to buy the boxset. Not one.

Apparently, as far as the musical content goes, they included only stuff that was on the label's vault (see interview link above). That would explain the absence of the Mystic Studio demos but not the Pasha ones.

I wonder what is the situation with the live shows. Are they also on the label's vault or only the band/Axl has them? I think that at least The Ritz '87 was supposed to be an official release by Geffen, hence the split screen effects etc. With The Ritz 88 it's possible that there are rights issues, since it was shot for MTV.

Edited by Blackstar

4 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I couldn't be bothered to read whatever Fernando spewed on here last time. What exactly did he say about Marc? I know that when the band played The Troubador in 2016, Marc said something about now wanting to go where he is not wanted, so I assumed not everything had been smoothed over with Axl.

Someone told him that Marc is a great guy and Fernando replied "we can agree to disagree" or something like that.

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I can't believe there isn't a Vinyl version of this. I'd totally have bought this if those were records and not CDs. Refuse to pay a grand for that locked n loaded box just to get vinyls. 

Seems like a wasted opportunity to me. Does anybody even buy CDs any more? 

There is a standalone Vinyl option on Amazon for $30.  I did this Super Deluxe and the Vinyl standalone to accomplish basically what you are looking for.  Total price of $175 on Amazon for both.