AFD - Both Special Editions (Piece-By-Piece Unboxing)

On 6/23/2018 at 5:15 PM, zigzagbigbag said:

Ok, what I really want to know is, if there is one person on this forum who bought the locked n loaded box and has the balls to "confess". 

I did right at the second when the pre-order was set and kind of regret it today. One second I have multiple reasons for justifying my purchase to myself and the other I cannot believe I was so hyped by this thing and so stupid to click "buy" without rational thinking.

Anyways, am I alone? Will I be the only person on this planet (or at least on this forum) who will own this box filled with some music and lots of crap?!  

I was willing to buy it for a few hundred less.

I do know a few people who got it. Both feel it's worth it. One is a hardcore fan.

I also read comments on facebook of others.

It's aimed at hardcore collectors. The Super is more aimed at your average GnR fan who also wants a little bit of collector type items. 

There is a price range for everyone honestly.

It just depends on if you only want music a little more or it all.

Want to add there are others who said they bought it on this forum. Don't let what anyone thinks deter or make you regret the purchase. 

Edited by BOSSY78
Added
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

They should have had the band present the box, instead of this unknown person.

Except that most of the band is unknown...

and the majority of the AFD5 are still under gag order.

I just changed my mind...I would buy one of these and gift it to Izzy just to see him do an unboxing video!

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, tajandreas said:

If you want cringe, go to 8:42 on that video.

:lol: i did and whats the go with the art posters?. Wtf were the band thinking doing this. I would liked to have seen a note from the band members going into their detail and thoughts on the package as a whole.

Edited by Sydney Fan

4 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

Except that most of the band is unknown...

and the majority of the AFD5 are still under gag order.

I just changed my mind...I would buy one of these and gift it to Izzy just to see him do an unboxing video!

Makes you wonder if universal sent one in the mail to  izzy and steven.

The Locked & Loaded video isn't available in my country, apparently. Can anyone tell me if the purple banner replica is the same size as the original? That's the only item in the $1000 box I am kinda interested in and if it's the same size, I might keep my eye out for it on Ebay. If it's just a tiny thing, I won't bother.

Glad I watched the unpacking of the Super Deluxe box - I was slightly tempted to buy that version for the book, as I thought it was going to contain lots of pictures from Axl's private collection. But it seems to be mostly pics that have been around on the Internet for ages. So I'm definitely not going to bother now.

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

The box is like half the size I thought itd be. Wtf 1000 dollars... Id pay 200 tops

You're familiar with the size of LPs right? :lol: The original videos showed that it was only slightly larger than an LP cover.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lio said:

The box and super deluxe are sold out on the GNR Official UK store.

both are still available to pre-order on the GNR official uk store, just been and checked :shrugs:

there is no sold out signs on the store for both these items.?? you should still be able to add to basket and purchase :headbang:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Changed the thread title to reflect the fact that both unboxing videos are available now. I put the Locked & Loaded video in the OP as well for anyone who wants to watch both without searching through the thread.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if I should do that or not, because somebody else put up the locked and loaded video. 

• Like 1