Vinnie Paul of Pantera and Hellyeah dead at 54

Gibson87

Damn R.I.P. I really liked him and Pantera. I have a few of his used drum sticks from a Hellyeah show from a year or 2 ago. My friend knew the tour manager and we got free vip. We stood behind the stage with his smoking hot girlfriend. He was a really good drummer. 

Vinnie was an amazing drummer. But from my three experiences meeting him, he was an amazing person.

Both Vinnie and Dime were genuine and cared for their fans.

No doubt he's going to be missed.

If I still drank, tonight would be a Black Tooth Grin kind of night.

Well this sucks. My brother texted me last night about Vinnie Paul's death. I was shocked.

I saw Black Veil Brides in either November or December in the Gas Monkey and Vinnie Paul walked by with friends. He looked very thin to me.

Since living in Dallas and seeing many concerts for the past 15 years or so, Vinnie Paul and Dimebag Dallas would always be at many of the concerts we saw. I remember seeing Poison and out walks Vinnie Paul and Dimebag. It was awesome. It seemed no matter what show we saw, there they were! It was such a joy to see them rock with the bands. They were just so friendly guys.

The first horror convention I went to Vinnie Paul showed up and was auctioning off a guitar that was Dimebag's. He was so nice to all his fans.

It's a shame such a cool person and a wonderful musician is gone. This is getting to be such a lousy habit.

RIP Vinnie Paul. Dallas will miss one of it's native sons.

Blabbermouth.net said Vinnie died in his sleep in his Las Vegas home. The medical examiner has his body.

Vinnie will be flown back to Texas to be buried.

I wonder if Kiss will donate a coffin like they did for Dimebag. Also the funeral for Dimebag allowed many fans to pay their respects to him. I wonder if they will do the same for Vinnie. Like I said he was a man of the people, so it would be cool to say goodbye to a cool guy.

such a shame. He and Dimebag went too soon.

My high school football initiation was accompanied by Walk. As I was held in the air by my underwear I got distracted by the awesome groove, having never heard Pantera before, and started into some music nerd talk. This lead to my initiation becoming much worse, lol.

RIP

• Like 1

On 23/06/2018 at 11:25 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Nooooo!

RIP!!

does anyone know if he ever made peace with Rex and/or Phil?

I thought phil tried to reconcile with vinny many times but vinnie wasnt interested. I remember phil saying a few things in the media about dime when he died that rubbed vinnie the wrong way and vinnie saw that as unforgiveable.