• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been looking at this today as a matter of fact. Weird there's no new info. Came across this on Billboard.com. Billboard's 2018 Money Makers: 50 Highest-Paid Musicians. Its dated 7/20/2018. So not sure if the Berlin & Odense shows are included. Also not sure about sales of Locked & Loaded box-set, super deluxe versions etc are included in this also.

Billboard's 2018 Money Makers: 50 Highest-Paid Musicians

08-2018-mm-billboard-embed.jpg

https://www.billboard.com/photos/8465835/highest-paid-musicians-money-makers

Edited by Edward Nigma

On 13.9.2018 at 10:05 PM, Edward Nigma said:

I've been looking at this today as a matter of fact. Weird there's no new info. Came across this on Billboard.com. Billboard's 2018 Money Makers: 50 Highest-Paid Musicians. Its dated 7/20/2018. So not sure if the Berlin & Odense shows are included. Also not sure about sales of Locked & Loaded box-set, super deluxe versions etc are included in this also.

The text says the $25.9M is net income from the 2017 touring.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/13/2018 at 9:05 PM, Edward Nygma said:

Sorry for my ignorance, but does the 'Touring' component encompass ALL aspects of touring e.g. merch sales?

Sunday’s concert could prove historic – the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix special closes the Asia stretch of the reunion tour’s 10th leg. The gig will be the 157th night of a 31-month jaunt, which looped the world twice, played to five million people and is on track to be declared the second highest-grossing tour of all time – overtaking even their idols The Rolling Stones. Only U2 has banked more from a single outing than GN’R’s projected earnings of $600 million (Dh2.2 billion) – clocking a cool average of $3.8m a night to date.

https://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/music/ready-for-november-rain-here-s-what-to-expect-at-the-guns-n-roses-abu-dhabi-grand-prix-concert-1.795026

Can't wait to see the final numbers. Hopefully that article is right and at least they will rank at #3 and beat Coldplay. U2 is the best band live for sure so they deserve de #1 spot and that 360° tour which i witnessed in Wembley in 2009 was  amazing. They and GnR are my two favorite bands, but seeing U2 live recently, anyone can say that they are a million years ahead of Guns n' Roses. Even Bono's voice is the best i heard him live since 1993. We know Axl's story with his voice. 

13 hours ago, RONIN said:

Sunday’s concert could prove historic – the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix special closes the Asia stretch of the reunion tour’s 10th leg. The gig will be the 157th night of a 31-month jaunt, which looped the world twice, played to five million people and is on track to be declared the second highest-grossing tour of all time – overtaking even their idols The Rolling Stones. Only U2 has banked more from a single outing than GN’R’s projected earnings of $600 million (Dh2.2 billion) – clocking a cool average of $3.8m a night to date.

https://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/music/ready-for-november-rain-here-s-what-to-expect-at-the-guns-n-roses-abu-dhabi-grand-prix-concert-1.795026

If they've used the $3.8m average to fill in the blanks, I think the $600m is a bit high. Remember, some of the missing numbers stems from arena dates.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 11:26 PM, cpaxlvacy said:

Can't wait to see the final numbers. Hopefully that article is right and at least they will rank at #3 and beat Coldplay. U2 is the best band live for sure so they deserve de #1 spot and that 360° tour which i witnessed in Wembley in 2009 was  amazing. They and GnR are my two favorite bands, but seeing U2 live recently, anyone can say that they are a million years ahead of Guns n' Roses. Even Bono's voice is the best i heard him live since 1993. We know Axl's story with his voice. 

They are my two favorite bands as well. U2’s productions values increase with each tour. GNR NITL is essentially UYI redux. But, to be fair, U2 have a stronger relationship with technology than GNR. 

Edited by The Holographic Universe
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

They are my two favorite bands as well. U2’s productions values increase with each tour. GNR NITL is essentially UYI redux. But, to be fair, U2 have a stronger relationship with technology than GNR. 

With technology and musicianship as well. Watching U2 live is like another dimension, Bono takes the stage and is like being in a movie, fucking awesome!!!

1 hour ago, cpaxlvacy said:

With technology and musicianship as well. Watching U2 live is like another dimension, Bono takes the stage and is like being in a movie, fucking awesome!!!

I know. I’ve seen U2 33 times live. Axl turned me on to Bono and U2. A debt I will always have for that fact. 

Edited by The Holographic Universe
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just read on Alternative Nation about the total grossing of the tour:

https://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-unbelievable-money-earned-since-2016-revealed/

Guns N’ Roses’ Not In This Lifetime tour recently wrapped up after two and a half years in Honolulu, Hawaii, and Pollstar reports that it is the second-highest-grossing tour of all time, having generated an estimated $562 million since it began in April 2016.

According to Pollstar, Guns N’ Roses topped $82 million in sales during 2018 alone, having grossed an average of $3.7 million per show over the course of the 24-date run.

Great success,and I'm glad that I'm part of history...

Comparing U2 and GNR isn't real...Different bands,GNR are really hard rock band,while U2 play pop-rock music,Gnr have hiatus since 1993 U2 played all these years.Watched U2 in Zagreb Croatia,and that was amzing show,but with more technology than Guns show...

For me Not in this lifetime shows are the best music expirience for me.And yes,they deserve this

• Like 1