*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

you wanna hear the story of that?

they played a cd of unreleased stuff at the after show party in vienna in 2010. i recorded bits of it in bad quality.

a few years later, i wrote about this (one song had the wooho, wooho, another one had a street of dreams-like piano played in a higher octave..stuff like that) here and send this clip to MSL to see what he thinks about that.

well, nice to hear it again now, haha.

• Wow 1

Just now, Wagszilla said:

I don't buy the Atlas or The General studio clips.

I mean I'd love to be wrong but the latter sounds strange. I wouldn't be shocked if the vocals were backwards... it sounds... off. 

Yeah I'm iffy on their legitimacy myself tbh.

I mean I'd love to be wrong but the latter sounds strange. I wouldn't be shocked if the vocals were backwards... it sounds... off. 

Atlas sounds like a movie score right when the villain dies

Atlas I’m not buying. The General sounds legit just tampered with. Sounds like someone added the “triangle ping” in garage band to the clip to distort and sounds either backwards or sped up.

2 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

Atlas I’m not buying. The General sounds legit just tampered with. Sounds like someone added the “triangle ping” in garage band to the clip to distort and sounds either backwards or sped up.

Assuming the "ping" is to disguise the track if it ends up on youtube and the like.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

It sounds like there's a random click track over the top or something. Very weird.

The file download was thegeneralclip1-click so safe to say the ping “shouldn’t” be there

I agree that the weird "clinks" on top of the General clip sound manufactured to distort the track, it makes me curious if the short snip was put out there just to prove it exists in the quality it does.

Atlas sounds legit, I want to believe

Just waiting on Jackie Chan..:axl:

7 hours ago, Amir said:

:thumbsup:

Don't think there's anything else circulating out there left to leak except for the VMA rehearsals which are pretty much worthless now :lol: 

Hopefully The General, Atlas Shrugged, etc. are properly released one day. A final self-titled album with CDII + some current-GNR songs.

Titles like Atlas Shrugged, The General, Seven, Thyme etc, No Love Remains.... They just keep being intreguing, don't they? 

Other than that, I haven't heard this new leak. So no opinions there (yet). Is the quality really THAT poor? 

5 minutes ago, slash_plocman said:

I would LOVE this. 

Edit: Ok, just catching up with this thread! I've barely been online for 2 days so I haven't heard any of this. I'll need to get my hands on it because it seems exciting! 

Edited by username

Yeah I’m going to say The General is a “sizzle clip” aka to show proof it exists to potential buyers. While at the same time making it so the guy can’t turn around and claim he has the song and try to scam.