*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

4 hours ago, Mindray11 said:

you wanna hear the story of that?

they played a cd of unreleased stuff at the after show party in vienna in 2010. i recorded bits of it in bad quality.

a few years later, i wrote about this (one song had the wooho, wooho, another one had a street of dreams-like piano played in a higher octave..stuff like that) here and send this clip to MSL to see what he thinks about that.

well, nice to hear it again now, haha.

What? Is that the true story? Are we listening to different songs in this clip? 

Can you tell us more about this, and the after party?

I am officially a lunatic. I got out of work and have been blasting this through car speakers and headphones at different volumes to get a good feel for each section. My girlfriend is creeped out and thinks I have lost my mind. I dont care, my ears have been pretty darn good at picking this thing apart throughout the day.

I CAN get a feel for it. Its fucking awesome and I'm so upset I may never get a good recording of this.

The beginning riff is like For Whom The Bell Tolls then it goes into a vocal portion that vaguely reminds me of Poison by Alice Cooper. The transition to the guitar lead from there is fucking awesome. After the lead it gets really hard to hear for me but you CAN absolutely make out the creepy orchestra portion. The end is still hard for me to hear but it definitely sounds like Axl screaming. Bass and drums sound badass cranked. Its clear enough where someone talented could record a rough interpretation based on what we have

Or maybe my mind is gone

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I am officially a lunatic. I got out of work and have been blasting this through car speakers and headphones at different volumes to get a good feel for each section. My girlfriend is creeped out and thinks I have lost my mind. I dont care, my ears have been pretty darn good at picking this thing apart throughout the day.

I CAN get a feel for it. Its fucking awesome and I'm so upset I may never get a good recording of this.

The beginning riff is like For Whom The Bell Tolls then it goes into a vocal portion that vaguely reminds me of Poison by Alice Cooper. The transition to the guitar lead from there is fucking awesome. After the lead it gets really hard to hear for me but you CAN absolutely make out the creepy orchestra portion. The end is still hard for me to hear but it definitely sounds like Axl screaming. Bass and drums sound badass cranked. Its clear enough where someone talented could record a rough interpretation based on what we have

Or maybe my mind is gone

I've been feeling it the same way; the more I listen to the 2 minute clip, the more I can dissect out of it to the point where it's almost clear as a bell :headbang:

Still wanting the song in studio-quality, of course

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vloors said:

The general studio 7 sec clip is also out

There's a ton of stuff people are claiming has leaked that's mostly fake. The supposed 7 second clip of The General is on that list. It's 100% fake. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Or maybe my mind is gone

Just tried this for you. This is how I feel the background melody is like. Misses notes and bass chords, and it's not the right tempo, but I think that's the general idea (no pun intended). Let me know what you think. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Of the songs apart of the Beavan sessions that we know of, the only song that makes sense to be about child abuse is Oh My God. Go look for my thread on Evo for a more in depth explanation.

It could be another song that we don’t know of but I think it’s a halfway decent hypothesis.

It's The General. Loved your analysis on Evo though. Nice work.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

There's a ton of stuff people are claiming has leaked that's mostly fake. The supposed 7 second clip of The General is on that list. It's 100% fake. 

The vocals/lyrics on the 7 sec clip are the same as this phone recorded performance

1 hour ago, evader said:

In addition, this leaking would do a massive disservice to the band, who worked hard on it. 

If only axl cared about the work of all people that worked on it.
Plus, if he doesn't like leaks, there's one simple way of solving it.

Release the song. 

• Like 1

Is the guitar solo at 31 or 32 seconds Finck?  I’d like to think so. 

He was the f-ing man. 2006 Guns should have been sooo successful.  What a shame to music history we lost that 

anyway, love that guitar. Wish I could hear Axl more 

17 minutes ago, D.. said:

Just tried this for you. This is how I feel the background melody is like. Misses notes and bass chords, and it's not the right tempo, but I think that's the general idea (no pun intended). Let me know what you think. 

That's great! I hear that a bit for sure. I am going to give it a go on guitar this weekend

• Like 1