*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

1 hour ago, tim10101 said:

ive owned studio intro to The General for YEARS but not this new leak w vox

Was the intro to Sydney 2010 n my ex ran security n I own the actual tape they played

I was there in Sydney 2010 but I can't remember that very well. Even got in to the aftershow party that night - was a great show!

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

You're probably on to something. I can't remember if it's this show or another Japanese show from that same tour but they also do a REALLY cool instrumental jam prior to Patience. When they get to the end, Axl says "WE SHOULD MAKE A SONG OUT OF THAT!" and it's very obvious that he's referring to the fact that it's already a GN'R song we just haven't heard yet.

edit, found it:

Sounded too polished to be just another throwaway jam.

Wonder if they recorded the instrumental? Hope they did Uncle Axl doesn't say that every jam. Sounds like a natural progression of UYI.

Also regarding the re recorded appetite. Could it be that it's just bit's from the Live Era re recordings we haven't heard yet? I say that because there is extensive new vocals on the album.

Opinion: The new vocal work on live era is on par with appetite. Sounds very similar given his voice at the time, late 90's studio axl was a monster, not a soul monster, just a monster :lol:

1 hour ago, wasted said:

Bach described The General as having high screaming vocals from Axl. The heaviest thing he’s heard Axl sing. 

Axl said it was kind of the sequel to Estranged. 

This honestly feels like a sequel to estranged instrumentally.

Edited by MrMojo

1 minute ago, MrMojo said:

Wonder if they recorded the instrumental? Hope they did Uncle Axl doesn't say that every jam. Sounds like a natural progression of UYI.

Also regarding the re recorded appetite. Could it be that it's just bit's from the Live Era re recordings we haven't heard yet? I say that because there is extensive new vocals on the album.

Closest we have to the re-recorded Appetite is the version of SCOM on the Big Daddy soundtrack.  The album definitely exists, it just sits on a shelf not seeing the light of day.

1 minute ago, Gackt said:

Closest we have to the re-recorded Appetite is the version of SCOM on the Big Daddy soundtrack.  The album definitely exists, it just sits on a shelf not seeing the light of day.

Is it possible that a lot of what we heard is the re recorded appetite just minus the full track work?

When it finally get's released: I've traveled a long and treacherous road to be here with you today :facepalm::lol: It's been 84 years..

Edited by MrMojo

1 minute ago, Gackt said:

I can not even begin to explain how low this is on my CD-era want-list. 

It's still above Silkworms and above Ashba material, but other than that I'd prefer anything that's a new song. ;) 

9 minutes ago, MrMojo said:

Opinion: The new vocal work on live era is on par with appetite. Sounds very similar given his voice at the time, late 90's studio axl was a monster, not a soul monster, just a monster :lol:

This honestly feels like a sequel to estranged instrumentally.

It does sound orchestral rather than something like Riad. 

36 minutes ago, wasted said:

It does sound orchestral rather than something like Riad. 

Riad is unfinished for me just missing something to give it an extra boost. Whatever it may be I hope they recorded it in house. 

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

On another note, the leak actually ends in a fade out rather than an abrupt cut. Could there be more in some original copy somewhere?

yes, the fadeout should not be there, there's a "version" (if you call it) without the fadeout, normally circulating. you probably just found a wrong "leak".

Edited by zombux

1 minute ago, amacfantasy said:

Ok just heard it, yeah way to low quality to really make a judgement. Which is such a shame since like 2005 "The General" has probably been my most anticipated of the known unreleased CD era songs.  

Keep listening. I concentrated over and over throughput the day. Song ia pretty clear to me, now

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Keep listening. I concentrated over and over throughput the day. Song ia pretty clear to me, now

I must not have spidy hearing senses like you. But what i can say is that like the last 20 seconds of what we hear in it has me the most exited.

Edited by amacfantasy

GUYS

THIS WAS AT A AN AFTERSHOW PARTY WITH GNR FANS

IF IT WAS AS GOOD AS ESTRANGED A WHOLE ROOM OF PEOPLE WOULDNT BE TALKING OVER IT

AND ONE SHITHEAD WOULDNT HAVE RECORDED IT FROM THE BACK OF THE ROOM FOR SHITS N GIGGLES

GET A GRIP

Love you all and yes I've listened to it ten times too. But get some fucking context

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, angriestwhopper said:

GUYS

THIS WAS AT A AN AFTERSHOW PARTY WITH GNR FANS

IF IT WAS AS GOOD AS ESTRANGED A WHOLE ROOM OF PEOPLE WOULDNT BE TALKING OVER IT

AND ONE SHITHEAD WOULDNT HAVE RECORDED IT FROM THE BACK OF THE ROOM FOR SHITS N GIGGLES

GET A GRIP

Love you all and yes I've listened to it ten times too. But get some fucking context

well, almost the whole band was there. so most people hadn't even realised that they played that kind of stuff, because they were busy taking photos etc.