*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

59 minutes ago, Mindray11 said:

well, almost the whole band was there. so most people hadn't even realised that they played that kind of stuff, because they were busy taking photos etc.

You are a hero for recording this, dude

• Like 2

If only it happened now, every phone has far better recording capabilities.  Still though, it's cool to hear anything at all for a bit of insight into something that criminally, will likely never see the light of day.  What a shame...

21 minutes ago, Mindray11 said:

i assume that it was Atlas. but i really dont know

Was it raspy? :P:axl92: Again, almost loving the cult surrounding these songs more than the material that could potentially surface. :lol:

Edited by Gaanzer
addition
  • Haha 1

The years passed between this recording being made and it leaking is the same as the years passed between the last classic era GN'R show and the first NuGuns show... That's something to think about.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, angriestwhopper said:

Yeah no disrespect in my posts.

But to sit on this for 8 years is a joke 

Based of his previous posts it sounds like he didn’t even keep the original files. My guess, he can correct me if I’m wrong. But it sounds like he recorded part of Silkworms and The General with his iPhone. After getting home checked out the recordings and they were bad quality. Sent them to a couple people. Then it was sent to be cleaned up by evader. Evader made the attempt to clean and decipher. The people who ended up with it did whatever they did with the track and Mindray eventually deleted the files and probably is just hearing them again for the first time in a while. But I could be wrong.

• Like 1

Sounds abit weird.

I understand people keeping them to try and trade. Evidently someone's stockpile has now been let loose... As NUGNR are dead.

But don't quite believe your story... Until you release seven and the video of bumbletoes rubbing baby oil all over his knees before the London show and whispering "atlas is coming"

Then I'll show u mad respect

Edited by angriestwhopper

43 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

The years passed between this recording being made and it leaking is the same as the years passed between the last classic era GN'R show and the first NuGuns show... That's something to think about.

Yeah - it's fucking sad.

9 hours ago, MrMojo said:

Riad is unfinished for me just missing something to give it an extra boost. Whatever it may be I hope they recorded it in house. 

To me it sounds like You’re Crazy at warp speed. It could be slowed down and a lead guitarist work the riff more. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

Jesus Christ, to this day I still have only heard the This I Love remix. 

I have to hunt down:

"Oh My God"
"Silkworms"
"The General" (Cell Phone Quality)
"Shackler's Revenge (Remix)"
"If The World (Remix)"
"Atlas Shrugged (Snippet)"

Did I get all that? 

1 minute ago, BangoSkank said:

I have to hunt down:

"Oh My God"
"Silkworms"
"If The World (Remix)"

Did I get all that? 

Atlas is fake.

2 hours ago, T-Minus said:

If only it happened now, every phone has far better recording capabilities.  Still though, it's cool to hear anything at all for a bit of insight into something that criminally, will likely never see the light of day.  What a shame...

Everything sees the light of day these days...You just sometimes have to wait a few decades! 
3 months ago we would've said the same about most of the 15 or so leaks we have gotten.

36 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

I have to hunt down:

"Oh My God"
"Silkworms"
"If The World (Remix)"

Did I get all that? 

There's also the Street of Dreams & TWAT demos, Blood in the Water & the two Ashba solos (but you don't have to get those)
As mentioned, Atlas was unfortunately fake.

10 minutes ago, Gackt said:

There's also the Street of Dreams & TWAT demos, Blood in the Water & the two Ashba solos (but you don't have to get those)
As mentioned, Atlas was unfortunately fake.

Gracias. I actually also have "Blood In The Water" (which I'm strangely into) and Ashba's remix of "Better". Not sure what the other Ashba one is unless it's "Better Gone" (which I thought was Ron's).