*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

24 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

Is the Ron Better the acoustic one? I've got Better Gone, Blood in the Water, Better feat DJ Ashba, and Better Acoustic. And then Going Down. Someone put them together as a Better Remix EP.

yes, and actually Ron Better is the oldest one, made during Barefoot EP sessions in mid or late 2008. Brain later used parts of Ron's version in his version (Better Gone).

DJ recorded his version in late 2009, together with Ballad of Death and Mi Amor.

Brain's remixes are of unknown date, from an interview from April 2009 we know that he "just made Shackler" by that time, it seems all the remixes weren't made in one bunch, but progressively through 2009 and 2010.

After listening to this several times through the day, I've become more and more intrigued and borderline obsessed. I've honestly never wanted to hear a song so bad in my fucking life. This song sounds EXACTLY like what I've been wanting to hear from Guns N' Roses for 25 years now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiedHands said:

After listening to this several times through the day, I've become more and more intrigued and borderline obsessed. I've honestly never wanted to hear a song so bad in my fucking life. This song sounds EXACTLY like what I've been wanting to hear from Guns N' Roses for 25 years now. 

Haven't you considered getting some temp tattoos instead

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

It's amazing how even if nuGuns died like 15 years ago, people are still interested in what that band produced.

There are fans of Guns who like Chinese Democracy, and would love to hear some of these other songs.

Hell, I'd love to also hear an album with the current lineup. I don't understand what is so hard about Axl getting in a roon with Slash and Duff, and just creating some new shit.

5 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

There are fans of Guns who like Chinese Democracy, and would love to hear some of these other songs.

Hell, I'd love to also hear an album with the current lineup. I don't understand what is so hard about Axl getting in a roon with Slash and Duff, and just creating some new shit.

Just because we don't know about new music, doesn't mean they haven't recorded anything new

Just had a listen, it’s sounds pretty cool from what I could make out, from what I hear in the last seconds it definately sounds like axl. 

Does anyone know the source?

im guessing it’s from back in 06 or whatever it was when axl got the Dj to play a bunch of his new stuff at some club. 

Definately sounds like it was recorded on a shitty old phone.

Edited by megaguns1982

23 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Just had a listen, it’s sounds pretty cool from what I could make out, from what I hear in the last seconds it definately sounds like axl. 

Does anyone know the source?

im guessing it’s from back in 06 or whatever it was when axl got the Dj to play a bunch of his new stuff at some club. 

Definately sounds like it was recorded on a shitty old phone.

Vienna 2010 after show party. The recorder has been in this thread to confirm... 

18 minutes ago, Creed said:

Unfortunately being curious about it doesn't mean that they created great stuff. The recent leaks are far far away from the production value of UYI. Its shocking how badly mixed these songs are in comparison. And some stuff like 'mi amor' is musical trash at its worst.

Forget Mi Amour.  Ashba had what amounts to a cup of coffee in the band.  I don't want to speak for anyone else,  but, when I think about what might be in the vault, I want to hear stuff from the core Finck/Bucket/Brain(or Freeze)/Stinson/Reed lineup.  That's what I'm after.  I could listen to that stuff all day.

Edited by oneway23
  • Like 3

While the cell phone clip was, at best, a cool curiosity, the story of its origin has been the most interesting thing I've read on this forum in a while! 

Also, I've seen a few comments along the lines of "if Guns N' roses played new music, why would people talking." Bear in mind that superfans like us make up a SMALL minority; even smaller when you consider the people a band usually takes backstage to an after party. People at an after party want to socialize, drink, and meet the band.  

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 1

One thing about these after parties, they usually aren't full of fans. I went to one back in 2011, and there was a small group of us normal fans, but the vast majority of people in there were more VIP types, radio people, personal friends of the band, other musicians, etc. If they had been playing a cd like this, most of the people in that room probably wouldn't have even known it was unreleased music or anything. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, Creed said:

Unfortunately being curious about it doesn't mean that they created great stuff. The recent leaks are far far away from the production value of UYI. Its shocking how badly mixed these songs are in comparison. And some stuff like 'mi amor' is musical trash at its worst.

Complaining about the mixing is pretty pointless. There were at best unmixed and unfinished demos. 

5 hours ago, oneway23 said:

Forget Mi Amour.  Ashba had what amounts to a cup of coffee in the band.  I don't want to speak for anyone else,  but, when I think about what might be in the vault, I want to hear stuff from the core Finck/Bucket/Brain(or Freeze)/Stinson/Reed lineup.  That's what I'm after.  I could listen to that stuff all day.

Agreed. Based on what has already leaked, it sounds like the earlier the better as far as the CD sessions are concerned. Give me the Mike Clink / Sean Beaven / Roy Thomas Baker stuff. Basically anything from 1998  to 2002. And earlier stuff if available. 

After that it seems like the album just got worse and worse, with most of the real over-production happening after 2004. I also want to hear the stuff with the original Beltrami arrangements and the Brian May guitar stuff. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, username said:

Agreed. Based on what has already leaked, it sounds like the earlier the better as far as the CD sessions are concerned. Give me the Mike Clink / Sean Beaven / Roy Thomas Baker stuff. Basically anything from 1998  to 2002. And earlier stuff if available. 

After that it seems like the album just got worse and worse, with most of the real over-production happening after 2004. I also want to hear the stuff with the original Beltrami arrangements and the Brian May guitar stuff. 

Anything with May and Beltrami is bound to be of merit...both gods in their fields, obviously! 
One day...

14 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Btw, anyone remember back in like 2006 when a user on here posted lyrics to “sorry” and everyone just said he was full of shit.... that guy would be a good starting point as he obviously had access to some unreleased stuff.

He disappeared right after. Mysterious event in forum lore

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

He disappeared right after. Mysterious event in forum lore

Thats before I became a regular here. Were the lyrics legit?

EDIT: I realize I'm asking you, though I joined almost three years before you :lol: 

29 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Thats before I became a regular here. Were the lyrics legit?

EDIT: I realize I'm asking you, though I joined almost three years before you :lol: 

I didn’t realize it was posted here but It certainly was a long time ago so I may be remembering wrong. But if I’m correct I remember it was a user on HTGTH. He posted something like “I’m sorry for you not sorry for me.” Or something to that effect and said like watch and see. Then he also posted lyrics for something else that wasn’t on the album..

I was trying to find any posts about it but I can’t. I THINK his name was demolition but this was like over 10yrs ago and I can’t remember. I’d like to find the other snippet of lyrics he posted though

Edited by Grayfox
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I don't remember that happening. 

It wasn’t in the same topic if I remember correctly and I believe it was before he posted Sorry.

Certain users I always paid attention to things they’d post about potential leaks. He was one of them. On my old HDD I had tons of stuff saved but I guess I lost it all since I can’t find it anymore.