*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

2 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Wasn't the general the Intro music in 2006?

yes there was "The General intro" at some of the ChiDem tours, but I forgot which one and can't find the right one for comparison at the moment.

54 minutes ago, Amir said:

:thumbsup:

Don't think there's anything else circulating out there left to leak except for the VMA rehearsals which are pretty much worthless now :lol: 

Hopefully The General, Atlas Shrugged, etc. are properly released one day. A final self-titled album with CDII + some current-GNR songs.

maybe Shacklers n' if the world is all that's left.

1 minute ago, NeonKinight said:

IMO, this was recorded on Crazy Horse Too, in 2003. That would explain all the people talking, and the shit quality recordin'...

I think if it were a 2003 recording it would sound even worse, phone recordings are terrible then.

Like I said before, I saw people putting lyrics on another website. I can't even make out those lyrics when I'm listening to it.

I would be an hypocrite if I said I don't hear Axl. Of course I hear him in the background and at full rasp too, but I can't make out what he's saying.

I hear the guitars too, very far away, but I hear them, but again can't make out most of it.

This IS The General, I'm pretty sure of that, but I wish we could hear it more clearly. 

I'm voting that this is real. I can make out guitars and a vocal melody. I can also faintly hear the intro music we know.

The General has always been my holy grail. I wish we would get a full version in decent quality

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

I'm voting that this is real. I can make out guitars and a vocal melody. I can also faintly hear the intro music we know.

The General has always been my holy grail. I wish we would get a full version in decent quality

It is, in fact, real. It's confirmed folks, this is the general.

3 minutes ago, brownstone91 said:

Why can't the guy just release an album of unfinished session material and just call it "Best Buy Paid Sessions"

Money. The High Quality versions worth a lot. 

21 minutes ago, zombux said:

I wrote some list a few posts above in this topic.

u forgot about OMG 03 and Silkworms 06. 

Just now, brownstone91 said:

Obviously the Geffen contract must now be over as of Friday, or does Geffen own the rights to all material recorded under the contract, both finished and unfinished?

Black market. Not even close to geffen, just hoarders.

Something I often ask myself when it comes to fantastic unreleased songs by artists that release later is "why did they not release this song on an album before?".  Like Michael Jackson has some fantastic songs that were kept in the vault and didn't release until years later or until after his death.  I'm wondering the same thing here.  If Axl has AAA songs in The General or Atlas Shrugged, why weren't they released on ChiDem?  I know he had plans for a ChiDem 2.  I guess maybe he was saving some of the heavy hitters for that?  Or maybe for another album down the road?

I believe Atlas Shrugged is described as something reminiscent of November Rain with a touch of 70's disco (or maybe it was a 70's rock ballad, I swear I'm not crazy, hasn't anyone else hear heard that?) and The General was described as a follow-up to Estranged

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma