*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

3 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

I believe Atlas Shrugged is described as November Rain with a touch of 70's disco (I swear I'm not crazy, hasn't anyone else hear heard that?) and The General was described as a follow-up to Estranged

70's glam rock I beilieve

• GNFNR 1

10 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Something I often ask myself when it comes to fantastic unreleased songs by artists that release later is "why did they not release this song on an album before?".  Like Michael Jackson has some fantastic songs that were kept in the vault and didn't release until years later or until after his death.  I'm wondering the same thing here.  If Axl has AAA songs in The General or Atlas Shrugged, why weren't they released on ChiDem?  I know he had plans for a ChiDem 2.  I guess maybe he was saving some of the heavy hitters for that?  Or maybe for another album down the road?

I believe Atlas Shrugged is described as something reminiscent of November Rain with a touch of 70's disco (or maybe it was a 70's rock ballad, I swear I'm not crazy, hasn't anyone else hear heard that?) and The General was described as a follow-up to Estranged

"If y'all liked november rain, you'd LOVE Atlas Shrugged" 

- A guy who heard it and was tellin' me how it sounds, Christmas 2013.  

1 minute ago, NeonKinight said:

"If y'all liked november rain, you'd LOVE Atlas Shrugged" 

- A guy who heard it and was tellin' me how it sounds, Christmas 2013.  

I think I've seen you mention this quote before because that statement sounds familiar to me.  If this quote is true, it's mind blowing to think that Axl topped the sort of song November Rain is with another song.  I know NR is faulted for being cheesy or sounding a bit dated, but I love rock ballads and I think NR is one of the best.  Who knew Axl had an even better one somewhere inside of him?

2 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I doubt people have the proper recording.

Believe me, they have it. 
Not atlas, but the general and a 30sec clip of Checkmate is 100% sure.
And they make a lot of money out of this.

It would not surprise me if someone bought a car with just the money he made with these leaks.

Believe me, they have it. 
Not atlas, but the general and a 30sec clip of Checkmate is 100% sure.
And they make a lot of money out of this.

It would not surprise me if someone bought a car with just the money he made with these leaks.

We have the Jackie Chan/Checkmate clip. Its been circulating since 2006

I'm leaning towards believing Atlas and The General are out there, now. The past month alone proved to us there's stuff in circulation. HOB2001, PR2010, Saskatoon1993, The General... These were all just rumors a mere month ago

I have hope but who knows

3 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

That's crazy.

Damn. I'd love to hear that Jackie clip. 

How much for a monthly payment? :lol:

i'd say more than 2k. for each.

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

We have the Jackie Chan/Checkmate clip. Its been circulating since 2006

I'm leaning towards believing Atlas and The General are out there, now. The past month alone proved to us there's stuff in circulation. HOB2001, PR2010, Saskatoon1993, The General... These were all just rumors a mere month ago

I have hope but who knows

30secs? really? the best one I've managed to found is 19sec...
Atlas it's not, But The General....

i'd say more than 2k. for each.

30secs? really? the best one I've managed to found is 19sec...
Atlas it's not, But The General....

Thats the one I'm thinking of. Its less than 30 srconds I guess

Google is amazing in that searching "The General Guns N Roses" with today's filter, you only find a result for this topic alone discussing it :lol: nobody else seems interested in leaks..

5 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Google is amazing in that searching "The General Guns N Roses" with today's filter, you only find a result for this topic alone discussing it :lol: nobody else seems interested in leaks..

Which is why hoarders should just let it all go. General interest died down even further with the reunion.

Only a few hundred of us TOPS really care about NuGNR era leaks but we REALLY want them. Clearly no one is going to pay $1000s for songs so they should just let the floodgates loose

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I heard a couple people say they or someone they knew had Atlas ever since 2005.

I always thought that'd be the next big leak. Turns out it was proto-Madagascar 

But we have 8 seconds of Jackie, not 15 because it's looped, and definitely not 30. 

8 seconds it is, then :lol:

3 minutes ago, action said:

previous occasion we had so many leaks in such a short time (2006 - 2007) , chinese happened to be just around the corner

I agree and thought about that myself over the past couple of weeks. This seems like a different animal though. Everything that's leaked lately is just stuff that people have been sitting on forever and they finally gave (read: SOLD) it to the wrong people who just gave it to everyone else.