*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I agree and thought about that myself over the past couple of weeks. This seems like a different animal though. Everything that's leaked lately is just stuff that people have been sitting on forever and they finally gave (read: SOLD) it to the wrong people who just gave it to everyone else.

Silkworms n' oh my god leaked 'cause they were sold to the wrong person.
TIL the same
Don't know y people can't understand/believe that there's a black market....

• Like 1

I hope this song doesn't leak in full.  I'd like Axl to be able to properly release it on a new album.  This isn't Silkworms we're talking about (a song I actually think has some sincerely good qualities to it and is more than just a raunchy ChiDem era mess).  It's the mythical follow-up to Estranged

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I agree and thought about that myself over the past couple of weeks. This seems like a different animal though. Everything that's leaked lately is just stuff that people have been sitting on forever and they finally gave (read: SOLD) it to the wrong people who just gave it to everyone else.

the key here, is that there are so many of them.

why do all these hoarders sell now? why all at once?

I'll tell you why: because they have information that we don't. I don't believe in coincidence.

What information could possibly lead to hoarders sell their stuff, all at once as if armageddon was coming? There really is only one reason: because they know, that their stuff was about to drop in value very very soon.

Why would it drop in value? I can only imagine, because it would become common available, read: to be officially released

• Like 4

Just now, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

I hope this song doesn't leak in full.  I'd like Axl to be able to properly release it on a new album

I hope he debuts it on one of the next shows :awesomeface:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

Believe me, they have it. 
Not atlas, but the general and a 30sec clip of Checkmate is 100% sure.
And they make a lot of money out of this.

It would not surprise me if someone bought a car with just the money he made with these leaks.

If that is true, let's suppose you're rich and you don't care about spending thousands of dollars in a song: where would you buy it? Who would you contact in order to pay and get the song?

12 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

Silkworms n' oh my god leaked 'cause they were sold to the wrong person.
TIL the same
Don't know y people can't understand/believe that there's a black market....

There's a black market for everything, so I don't think that's so hard to understand. The fact that no one should be selling Guns N' Roses songs besides Guns N' Roses is beside the point really. If there's more full songs out there, the same thing will happen with those eventually; they'll get sold to "the wrong person" and the community will get them.

By "the wrong person" I of course mean someone who isn't a complete bag of shit and wouldn't charge someone else for art they didn't create or own lol

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Wagszilla said:

Normally my response would be:

"Two GNR releases in a year... fuck off"

But from the AFD Box Set review:

This is what we call in the biz... foreshadowing. 

Wait, wait, wait, does the official AFD box set REALLY say that about ChiDem?  The AFD box set even talks about ChiDem?  I agree with you 100% that that is foreshadowing if that is real

13 minutes ago, action said:

the key here, is that there are so many of them.

why do all these hoarders sell now? why all at once?

I'll tell you why: because they have information that we don't. I don't believe in coincidence.

What information could possibly lead to hoarders sell their stuff, all at once as if armageddon was coming? There really is only one reason: because they know, that their stuff was about to drop in value very very soon.

Why would it drop in value? I can only imagine, because it would become common available, read: to be officially released

It's not "all these hoarders" it's one or two people who sold what little amount of stuff they had to a person who turned around and shared it with all of us.

Someday atlas shrugged was uploaded to YouTube a 30 seconds snippet and immediately removed it started with an acoustic guitar and a background stormy sound like in November rain, it immediately blew my Mind, was around 2006-2007 , since then im so obsessed with this song, it has an epic intro o at least the 30 seconds sounded like the start of a epic song.

i hope one day i Can hear the full song, sorry for my bad english.

Edited by R9fanatik

Can't really make out the song properly. My opinion is that the songs on CD are the best of the bunch from that era. Still would be cool to hear it after all this time.

Anyone know where the recording was taken from? Sounds like a party and it doesn't sound like they are speaking english.

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's not "all these hoarders" it's one or two people who sold what little amount of stuff they had to a person who turned around and shared it with all of us.

What's the point in keeping chidem demos, now that slash n' duff are back? Since this, those files had PLUMMETED in value.  
The rules have changed, the line begins to blur.The New Hot thing would be something with axl and slash, or axl/dc new song... 

2 minutes ago, jip said:

we've heard that already...is there a new leak?

Is that YouTube clip "it's or did I miss something. Damn, the years of Cluedo-esque mystique surrounding this album, and we are still all enjoying the ride. 😎😁

3 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

What's the point in keeping chidem demos, now that slash n' duff are back? Since this, those files had PLUMMETED in value.  
The rules have changed, the line begins to blur.The New Hot thing would be something with axl and slash, or axl/dc new song... 

The point has been "to make money off of them". Now they what little they have to a person who shared it with everyone else is all. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

The point has been "to make money off of them". Now they what little they have to a person who shared it with everyone else is all. 

Yes, make money. But is it still valuable? like it was back in the day? I believe not. So what's the point in keepin' something in secret If no one gives a fuck about a it?

None of this is anywhere near the "cloak & dagger" situation that some folks are making it out to be. 

The current round of leaks are a pretty cut & dried situation with little to nothing else actually being hoarded at this point. 

• Like 1