*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

Just listened to it. If this is really The General...damn I want MORE. 

Definitely hard to make anything specific out, but you can tell it’s Axl at the end. 

I like what I was able to make out, I hope we eventually get decent quality on this. 

From what I could hear, it’s definitely interesting. Really sounds like a modernized-classic GNR rocking vibe.

I hope we get to hear a proper studio version of it. If you hate Shitworms, you’re going to love this one. That’s my two cents

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guitto said:

It is in poor quality, but, from what i heard looks F*** AWESOME!
Would love to listen to it in HQ.

guys, I'd love to have your ears. because honestly, this cellphone recording really is crappy and one can hardly hear anything in there. except if one doesn't want to believe that white noise is great. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, zombux said:

guys, I'd love to have your ears. because honestly, this cellphone recording really is crappy and one can hardly hear anything in there. except if one doesn't want to believe that white noise is great. 

Couldn't agree more. I cannot understand how people think they're hearing something amazing lol

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, zombux said:

Really? I've tried to clean it up on Adobe Audition, but i couldn't. I will try it again, later.

29 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Axl isn't there. It's a production rehearsal with the massive 2009/early 2010 stage, and Tommy and Ron sing most of the songs. Its a novelty, but it's a pretty cool novelty admittedly. 

I couldn't give a fuck about the VMA rehearsal. 

Some say that they played the general on the VMA 2002.

Well...a few moments of it leaked 5/6 yrs ago, as far as I recall.

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Couldn't agree more. I cannot understand how people think they're hearing something amazing lol

I think it has a scientific name... this phenomenom of listening what is not there. Guess it works with what we have storaged in our minds, like all of us have heard how Axl sounds and everytime we want to find out if it is him singing, our minds give a call to those memories.

There is sound memory like there is smells and flavors memories.

40 minutes ago, zombux said:

you mean that funny story about how Slash came to inform Axl that ‘Duff was spineless,’ ‘Scott [Weiland] was a fraud,’ that he ‘hates Matt Sorum’ and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ‘the stronger.’ ? :D 

Who provided those quotes?

2 minutes ago, Apollo said:

But why would anybody pay $2,000 for ONE song?  In my life, I've listened to GnR more than I've listened to every other band combined.....but I wouldn't even think of paying that much money for one song. I'd gladly pay $100 for 4 or 5 songs.  But for two grand, I better be getting the entire vault cleaned out - all 80 songs that Beta talked about. Plus get to go to Axl's house for a BBQ, get to drive his lambo for a week, and get a couple private guitar lessons from Slash.   But for one three minute song? Lol, never.

That's right. YOU wouldn't. Some people saw it like their golden nugget. Y not buy it for 2,5k, and them selling it for 5k, or even better, get some more leaked files, and sell it for even more?
the guy who told me about atlas was not even a die-hard fan of GN'R. 

1 minute ago, Apollo said:

But why would anybody pay $2,000 for ONE song?  In my life, I've listened to GnR more than I've listened to every other band combined.....but I wouldn't even think of paying that much money for one song. I'd gladly pay $100 for 4 or 5 songs.  But for two grand, I better be getting the entire vault cleaned out - all 80 songs that Beta talked about. Plus get to go to Axl's house for a BBQ, get to drive his lambo for a week, and get a couple private guitar lessons from Slash.   But for one three minute song? Lol, never.

The fact that anyone is willing to pay that is retarded. The black market doesn't shield anyone from prosecution

• Like 1

Not to get in on the debate, but honestly, I can absolutely see somebody paying 2 grand for a song. If they’ve got that kinda money to throw around, and GN’R is the thing they’re passionate about, and something is out there that is as rare as a GN’R leak like this, I can definitely see someone jumping on that, even for that astronomical price. 

People have paid more for less. 

Edited by GNRfanJen