*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

Just had a chance to listen to the clip; there's very convincing Axl vocals throughout, on top of a very groovy, almost stoner rock militaristic rhythm.  Really reminds me of Madagascar, like these two songs were intended to compliment each other.

I need more of this!  :axl:

1 minute ago, GNRfanJen said:

Not to get in on the debate, but honestly, I can absolutely see somebody paying 2 grand for a song. If they’ve got that kinda money to throw around, and GN’R is the thing they’re passionate about, and something is out there that is as rare as a GN’R leak like this, I can definitely see something jumping on that, even for that price. 

People have paid more for less. 

Sure, people will pay whatever amount they deem to be fair in a free market... but there's no free market for other people's goods

Just now, Gackt said:

Just had a chance to listen to the clip; there's very convincing Axl vocals throughout, on top of a very groovy, almost stoner rock militaristic rhythm.  Really reminds me of Madagascar, like these two songs were intended to compliment each other.

I need more of this!  :axl:

haven't heard the clip, but "convincing" vocals can be taken from CD multitracks

4 minutes ago, brownstone91 said:

Did I read this correctly? The lyrics people made out are references to child abuse or was that bullshit?

I dont know how anyone could make out lyrics of this clip :question:

They are totally made up..... unless... they are listening to a clean version of the song.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I dont know how anyone could make out lyrics of this clip :question:

They are totally made up..... unless... they are listening to a clean version of the song.

Apparently that's a rumor going around that there is a clean studio version but I'll believe it when I hear it.

2 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

So what exactly is this? Lol. 

It is a song similar to Madagascar playing in the background and you can hear lots of people talking, like that part in 'Coma' :lol:

2 minutes ago, brownstone91 said:

Apparently that's a rumor going around that there is a clean studio version but I'll believe it when I hear it.

Yeah, the one being played in that party :P

• Haha 1

Just now, IndiannaRose said:

It was a mistake for Axl not to release this material as it was being created. Nowadays it sounds dated, but for that time period, it had a cutting edge/contemporary quality to it. 

It's what happens when you have a powerhouse lead singer and songwriter surrounded by mediocre writers who get by as session and touring guys. Had it been the band's original core they would have experimented with these genres 20 years ago and gotten it out of their system after 1 album

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Normally my response would be:

"Two GNR releases in a year... fuck off"

But from the AFD Box Set review:

This is what we call in the biz... foreshadowing. 

Friday June 29th - AFD

Friday November 23rd - ChiDem?

Who could say?

23 minutes ago, brownstone91 said:

It's what happens when you have a powerhouse lead singer and songwriter surrounded by mediocre writers who get by as session and touring guys. Had it been the band's original core they would have experimented with these genres 20 years ago and gotten it out of their system after 1 album

Slash, Izzy and Duff never wanted to experiment with this type of music.

Edited by Bitchisback
Typo

1 minute ago, Bitchisback said:

Slasu, Izzy and Duff never wanted to experiment with this type of music.

Izzy was already out of the band and Duff would've gone along with it for 1 album just to please Axl. Slash would've probably stayed had he not felt so disrespected by Axl's demands, the Paul Tobias debacle, and the contract to join Axl's Guns N Roses as an employee.