Wagszilla

(UNCONFIRMED) Soul Monster clip discussion **NO LINKS**

8 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I don't know what you guys are talking about, tbh.

Jackie is a simple power chord based song from what we've heard.

This is sounds heavily processed and Axl's vocal quality, era, and style is on a different planet from Jackie.

But who knows.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Compare Catcher/IRS 1999 to their official Chinese Democracy counterparts. NOT saying it’s real but playing devils advocate.

Again, i've spoken to people that has the studio version for the general and they said it is legit.

Evader is sayin' that it isn't.

One of'em are lying, And I want to know wich one.

So the short general clip with the new vocals is fake? I am so confused.

1 minute ago, evader said:

I had nothing to do with the bullshit Atlas and SM clips. The G "studio" is mine. Fake. All 2 1/2 minutes of it. Should have never been shared, and definitely should have never been traded, and whoever sold it is the scum of this earth.

Thanks for confirming that. Good work with it. When I heard the recording with that song in the background and people talking I really thought it was real.

Then I would say that its pretty much confirmed that all three are fakes. At least in my opinion. I would love if they were real and leaks of them was on the way but I dont think it is.

1 minute ago, gokken said:

Thanks for confirming that. Good work with it. When I heard the recording with that song in the background and people talking I really thought it was real.

Then I would say that its pretty much confirmed that all three are fakes. At least in my opinion. I would love if they were real and leaks of them was on the way but I dont think it is.

I may have confused you. Cellphone clip is likely real. "Studio" version is a rebuild of the cellphone clip (and then some).

• Like 1

Wait... The 2 minute clip with people talking is fake? No way... 

@evader pls...

Edit- nvm

Edited by ZoSoRose

I may have confused you. Cellphone clip is likely real. "Studio" version is a rebuild of the cellphone clip (and then some).

Oh shit. Really? Thats cool!

But there is no way any one, even a pro audio engineer with the best tools could clean up the audio recording with people talking into that 7 sec clip.

Im not questioning what you are saying but maybe you could explain further.

I see how someone can create the long audio recording with the clip in the background of people talking but I cannot see how you can do it the other way around.

Somebody angry at Axl Rose? Why all this stuff is leaked? what's next? Nude photos from Axl Rose

• Haha 1

the cellphone is most likely true. No doubt is axl, no doubt it sounds something that'd be in chidem....

But there is no way any one, even a pro audio engineer with the best tools could clean up the audio recording with people talking into that 7 sec clip.

I see how someone can create the long audio recording with the clip in the background of people talking but I cannot see how you can do it the other way around.

By “rebuild”, he means he started from scratch with his own version.

I rebuilt it note-for-note. That's the kind of shit I do. It started with creating a "studio" version of the Silkworms chorus years ago. I've evolved.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

By “rebuild”, he means he started from scratch with his own version.

Ok. Thats impressive. Not impressive in produiction skills because it doesnt sound superduper good, I mean its good but not GNR-good,  but to actually make that effort and spending time is impressive. Good work!

But I have to say that the long recording sounds really heavy.

So did you Evader sing that also?

Edited by gokken

I rebuilt it note-for-note. That's the kind of shit I do. It started with creating a "studio" version of the Silkworms chorus years ago. I've evolved.

How long ago did you acquire this cell phone clip?  Was the source someone you feel like gives credibility to it being legit?

3 minutes ago, evader said:

so the cellphone clip is fake or not? 

3 minutes ago, gokken said:

Ok. Thats impressive. Not impressive in produiction skills because it doesnt sound superduper good but to actually make that effort and spending time is impressive. And its very near. Good work!

It’s mostly clips of Axl’s studio stems edited and manipulated. He may have sung something in the back for structure, though.

5 minutes ago, gokken said:

Ok. Thats impressive. Not impressive in produiction skills because it doesnt sound superduper good but to actually make that effort and spending time is impressive. And its very near. Good work!

Thanks for the insult leading to a compliment. I can't sing for shit. The vocal on that thing is probably 1000+ mini-clips from the multis spliced together. If you think that doesn't require production skill, then I don't know what to tell you. You've heard what....7 seconds?

Edited by evader
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

Somebody angry at Axl Rose? Why all this stuff is leaked? what's next? Nude photos from Axl Rose

Ask yourself, who wins with all these leaks?

The answer? Plumbers.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the insult leading to a compliment. I can't sing for shit. The vocal on that thing is probably 1000+ mini-clips from the multis spliced together. If you think that doesn't require production skill, then I don't know what to tell you. You've heard what....7 seconds?

Come on now, I know you can sing a little. 😂

4 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

How long ago did you acquire this cell phone clip?  Was the source someone you feel like gives credibility to it being legit?

I don't remember when i got the cellphone clip, but it has obviously been a while. I was asked to clean it up and bring up the vocal. Source seemed perfectly legit, but I've never met the guy.

1 minute ago, Tyler Drama said:

Come on now, I know you can sing a little. 😂

Ha ha, no you don't. But you know I am capable of manually tuning vocals to whatever 100th of a semi-tone suits my need.

Just now, evader said:

Thanks for both the insult leading to a compliment. I can't sing for shit. The vocal on that thing is probably 1000+ mini-clips from the multis spliced together. If you think that doesn't require production skill, then I don't know what to tell you. You've heard what....7 seconds?

haha yeah I edited the post becuase I realised that it could sound like an insult. I mean that I am impressed with your production skills but Im even more impressed that you actually spent the time doing it.  To actually take the time doing that and doing it that well. I will nominate you for the 2018 MyGNR Awards.

• Haha 1

I dont think that soulmonster actually is checkmate/Jackie Chan. Axl named both of them in the chats. Maybe the file is labelled wrong. 

2 minutes ago, gokken said:

haha yeah I edited the post becuase I realised that it could sound like an insult. I mean that I am impressed with your production skills but Im even more impressed that you actually spent the time doing it.  To actually take the time doing that and doing it that well. I will nominate you for the 2018 MyGNR Awards.

I guess I should edit my post too then! :lol: