Mi Amor & Ballad Of Death Studio Versions **NO LINKS**

6 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Somebody should tweet Ashba that these solos have leaked and see what he says. :lol:

Just tweeted him, got this reply:

"O man, so proud ppl get 2 hear my masterpisses #ASHBASWAG #ASHBAWATER #ASHBASHIT #PISSBREAK #BETTERTHANTHEOLDONE #AXLPLZTAKEMEBACK"

5 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

I came into this thread out of pure surprise that it went beyond the first page. I was disappointed even more when I saw this post.

Shame

Bro. You know I'm a sucker for a sexy, Ashba-penned guitar ballad. 

12 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Unpopular opinion time - I don't totally hate Mi Amor :mellow: 

I actually like both of his solos even that  I found the Ashba era absolutely cringe. 

I think they could've evolved to great songs had they worked to not be inatrumentals. 

3 hours ago, Gackt said:

Most of the hate comes from either the AshbaSwag bullshit, or butchering some iconic solos with his unique interpretations that made Axl & Ron Thal's eyes roll into their heads during shows.  :awesomeface:

There's also the case of him being a 45 year old man thinking he's part of gen z.

Wasn't there a show where Tommy or Ron were laughing at DJ with Axl behind his back - I can't remember where I seen this at!

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

We have threads for the only real / confirmed leaks that surfaced. 

Just saying, but the last time someone posted a studio clip of one of these and asked Ashba about it a few years ago, he claimed he never recorded a studio version of them.

9 hours ago, arthurmbg said:

I REALLY don't get the DJ hate. Well, not liking his performance is understandable, but Ballad of Death is just beautiful. Loved his version to the Don't Cry and WTTJ first solo.

I think Robin was genious in studio, but some of his adaptations were not that good, Ashba was more faithful to the originals, yet, putting some identity on it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, arthurmbg said:

I REALLY don't get the DJ hate. Well, not liking his performance is understandable, but Ballad of Death is just beautiful.

I don't personally have anything against DJ, but I can't stand Ballad of Death. IMO it's the worst thing, ever to be associated with GNR. It's not beautiful to my ears at all. It sounds like an amateurs attempt at making something soulful, but that's all it is. An attempt. It sounds cheesy and superficial without any true feeling. Sounds EXACTLY like all those wannabe GNR bands out there. But yeah, that's just me. Cool if you like it. Just don't assume that people dislike it cause they hate Ashba. I've never had anything against DJ and I was always curious to see if he could write a cool GNR tune. Ballad of Death is absolute trash though, in my opinion.

realistically - in 2018, who gives a damn about DJ being in GNR anyway? I mean, sure, hardcore fans know him (and either like him, hate him or are indifferent), but casuals have no idea this guy was ever in the band. so let's just let this be and don't beat a dead horse.

5 hours ago, tim10101 said:

BECAUSE of DJ my exes Kid n her friends got HUGE into GNR.......Better than no new fans right? :)

Did you show them Appetite as some of the work he has produced with Guns?

"Here he is on the front cover with the fancy hat..."

#demented

Fair play to you though in managing to get them interested in the music you like!