Mi Amor & Ballad Of Death Studio Versions **NO LINKS**

These two are really good pieces of music, there's no need to hate.

I remind to you Ashba haters that Slash nowadays is doing mistakes and bad impro as well...but people don't want to bash at him only because it's Slash. I don't care if he's the original player of those solos, it's the same f'n live butchering.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Torb said:

I remind to you Ashba haters that Slash nowadays is doing mistakes and bad impro as well...but people don't want to bash at him only because it's Slash. I don't care if he's the original player of those solos, it's the same f'n live butchering.

true. Slash is butchering Robin's and Bucket's solo as well. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dean said:

I'm not the biggest DJ fan on this forum, but his guitar had technical difficulties during the performance of SCOM. It wasn't his fault.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like Ashba almost as much as putting my dick in a fire ant nest.

But Ballad Of Death is a decent instrumental. 

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

These win the award for least request GNR "leaks" in MyGNRFORUM history.

By a landslide! :lol: 

But if they had Axl vocals we'd all feel very different. 

• Like 1

Oh please, cut it out. Slash is butchering nothing at all. You don't ahve to believe me. All reviews I've seen confirm he's stellar.

I don't hate DJ, but come on, he's in a different league and a poser to boot.

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Oh please, cut it out. Slash is butchering nothing at all. You don't ahve to believe me. All reviews I've seen confirm he's stellar.

I don't hate DJ, but come on, he's in a different league and a poser to boot.

Reviews? I've been there twice mate. He doesn't play a lot of UYI solos in the way they're meant to be, neither half of it. He tries to improvise on that stuff with meh results.
And I'm not going into the technical errors, that's another whole story.

• Like 1

I've just came to an interesting point.

all the big 3 - Axl, Slash and Duff - have sort of dried out and exhausted their creative force around the same time. 

just think about it.

Axl - doing the last creative efforts on ChiDem around 2004. later only BBF and Frank additions were made.

Slash - Contraband was still fresh, but Libertad was shit and the later solo albums shit as well.

Duff - 90's solos and early 2000's Loaded were great, but post VR Loaded are mediocre crap.

those guys seem to consume all their creative energy around the same time in 2004 and now they're just together in the nostalgia wagon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Torb said:

Reviews? I've been there twice mate. He doesn't play a lot of UYI solos in the way they're meant to be, neither half of it. He tries to improvise on that stuff with meh results.
And I'm not going into the technical errors, that's another whole story.

Too bad that you don't seem to enjoy Slash as much as most do.

• Like 1

Just now, Lio said:

Too bad that you don't seem to enjoy Slash as much as most do.

Enjoy something is personal, I'm talking about facts: people like the way Slash is playing nowadays? Cool, no problem with that, but they have to be objective.

7 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I'm not the biggest DJ fan on this forum, but his guitar had technical difficulties during the performance of SCOM. It wasn't his fault.

Definitely not his fault for the guitar having issues, though continuing on playing with the sound being evidently fucked was. We've heard false starts before, I just couldn't see why he never stopped and got another guitar!

1 minute ago, Dean said:

Definitely not his fault for the guitar having issues, though continuing on playing with the sound being evidently fucked was. We've heard false starts before, I just couldn't see why he never stopped and got another guitar!

Well, he actually switched the guitars in the video. You can see it at the 01:44 mark.

3 minutes ago, zombux said:

all the big 3 - Axl, Slash and Duff - have sort of dried out and exhausted their creative force around the same time. 

just think about it.

Axl - doing the last creative efforts on ChiDem around 2004. later only BBF and Frank additions were made.

Slash - Contraband was still fresh, but Libertad was shit and the later solo albums shit as well.

Duff - 90's solos and early 2000's Loaded were great, but post VR Loaded are mediocre crap.

those guys seem to consume all their creative energy around the same time in 2004 and now they're just together in the nostalgia wagon.

I'd add a couple of things:

Axl burnt out his creativity but performance-wise was still prepared and on point until 2010 (AXL/DC and NA 2016 being the exception).

Same for Slash, until World On Fire he was playing very good and kinda improved technically.
Duff never did anything remarkable tbh, Loaded and Walking Papers are cool though.

6 minutes ago, zombux said:

just think about it.

04? wasn't Shacklers recorded 07? n sorry aroundv06?

1 minute ago, NeonKinight said:

04? wasn't Shacklers recorded 07? n sorry aroundv06?

Bucket contributed to the writing of Shackler's, there's likely some old demos (before Chicken Dinner) that contain a solo by him rather than the Bumblefoot one.

Just now, Torb said:

Enjoy something is personal, I'm talking about facts: people like the way Slash is playing nowadays? Cool, no problem with that, but they have to be objective.

But music isn't objective to me. A large part is about how it makes you feel. I don't have to be a musician to decide who is the better one for me. And many people seem to agree, hence the positive reviews and people being overwhelmed by him.

To my knowledge, Slash hasn't butchered anything as badly as that SCOM intro, technical issue or not (he should've stopped instead of making them all look like fools), and his Patience solo is outright atrocious. Even other band members were mocking him on stage.

On topic: I don't hate Mi Amor or Ballad of Death, but without vocals, I don't really care.

4 minutes ago, Torb said:

I'd add a couple of things:

Axl burnt out his creativity but performance-wise was still prepared and on point until 2010 (AXL/DC and NA 2016 being the exception).

Same for Slash, until World On Fire he was playing very good and kinda improved technically.
Duff never did anything remarkable tbh, Loaded and Walking Papers are cool though.

Duff is only a part of this reunion because he knows how to make a good deal (unlike Izzy). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lio said:

But music isn't objective to me. A large part is about how it makes you feel. I don't have to be a musician to decide who is the better one for me. And many people seem to agree, hence the positive reviews and people being overwhelmed by him.

To my knowledge, Slash hasn't butchered anything as badly as that SCOM intro, technical issue or not (he should've stopped instead of making them all look like fools), and his Patience solo is outright atrocious. Even other band members were mocking him on stage.

On topic: I don't hate Mi Amor or Ballad of Death, but without vocals, I don't really care.

It starts to be objective when someone points out at live mistakes (or remarkable wins). I'm not comparing Slash and DJ, I only said that it's incoherent to highlight someone's mistakes when praising a guy who does basically the same stuff.

Last year Slash failed on SCOM not playing the entire intro and cutting it even before the drums entrance. It'll be hard to find that video again but I'll do my best if you're interested.

1 minute ago, Torb said:

It starts to be objective when someone points out at live mistakes (or remarkable wins). I'm not comparing Slash and DJ, I only said that it's incoherent to highlight someone's mistakes when praising a guy who does basically the same stuff.

Last year Slash failed on SCOM not playing the entire intro and cutting it even before the drums entrance. It'll be hard to find that video again but I'll do my best if you're interested.

No, it's okay, you don't have to. I believe you :)

• Like 1

Slash certainly isn't perfect or going full tilt these days but to bring him down to anywhere near the depth that Ashba is, is frankly ludicrous.  Ashba's tone, technical skills and "persona" are all completely laughable.  He never even hid it when he was in GnR… He'd play solos until they got too fast or technical then he'd hold a note whilst Ron would come in and do the hard work.  Check Sweet Child or Rocket Queen as examples of this.  He may aswell have had a nap when they played shackler's, he did literally nothing during the song and if I remember used to hit a drum or some shit during Maddy.  They should have just gave him a board to wear hocking his overpriced, shitty merch and music and a triangle..  That would be about his level.

16 hours ago, Gackt said:

Most of the hate comes from either the AshbaSwag bullshit, or butchering some iconic solos with his unique interpretations that made Axl & Ron Thal's eyes roll into their heads during shows.  :awesomeface:

There's also the case of him being a 45 year old man thinking he's part of gen z.

Yes, I  can see why to do not like the persona he creats and performs, but I just don't hate his version of any solo, I guess. Robin's NR bothers so much more, ofr instance 

35 minutes ago, T-Minus said:

Slash certainly isn't perfect or going full tilt these days but to bring him down to anywhere near the depth that Ashba is, is frankly ludicrous.  Ashba's tone, technical skills and "persona" are all completely laughable.  He never even hid it when he was in GnR… He'd play solos until they got too fast or technical then he'd hold a note whilst Ron would come in and do the hard work.  Check Sweet Child or Rocket Queen as examples of this.  He may aswell have had a nap when they played shackler's, he did literally nothing during the song and if I remember used to hit a drum or some shit during Maddy.  They should have just gave him a board to wear hocking his overpriced, shitty merch and music and a triangle..  That would be about his level.

I recommend you to listen to his solo work, he has DEFINITELY technical skills. Letting Ron play those parts was a band choice imho. Tone is a matter of personal taste, for example I hate how Slash' classic LP sounds nowadays. The Goldtop instead is freakin' awesome.

Robin tone was disgusting tbh :P 

For the persona matter...well, he came to greet us fans twice at the 2012 Gn'R show in Milan and seemed humble indeed. On stage he may look cocky, I agree with that, but as long he's cool in real life I'm ok.