Mi Amor & Ballad Of Death Studio Versions **NO LINKS**

1 hour ago, Torb said:

I recommend you to listen to his solo work, he has DEFINITELY technical skills. Letting Ron play those parts was a band choice imho. Tone is a matter of personal taste, for example I hate how Slash' classic LP sounds nowadays. The Goldtop instead is freakin' awesome.

Robin tone was disgusting tbh :P 

For the persona matter...well, he came to greet us fans twice at the 2012 Gn'R show in Milan and seemed humble indeed. On stage he may look cocky, I agree with that, but as long he's cool in real life I'm ok.

We'll agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, Gunner55 said:

Better than the old one :headbang:

Ashba plays like a 15 year old bedroom guitarist that has played for about 4 years.  His woeful vibrato terribly pitched string bends and awful tone are absolutely unforgiveable for a pro.

26 minutes ago, T-Minus said:

Ashba plays like a 15 year old bedroom guitarist that has played for about 4 years.  His woeful vibrato terribly pitched string bends and awful tone are absolutely unforgiveable for a pro.

He did a lot of the material more justice than Finck. Finck's November Rain solos were just unforgivable. It's night and day comparing any of these guys to Slash, not that it really needs to be said. 

Ashba was a cool dude. He and Ron were always good with the fans - but it's great that the material is played the right way in this Mickey Mouse fronted GNR. 

I wonder if Ashba himself paid for these leaks. I can’t fathom any other sane human being wanting to listen to these.

I never minded these songs to be honest. Ashba is a joke but these were decent enough to listen to live in those days. Can’t say I have much interest in these leaks though.

At least Bucket was nice enough to perform songs for his solo that were already long available on his solo albums for people who were interested :P on a free download album (Giant Robot NTT) except for Big Sur Moon, no less

On 27/06/2018 at 6:00 AM, Creed said:

All new leaks are god damn awful. Even me, who is a pure amateur, can do better remixes or demos.

Compared to these 'My World' is top notch hit material.

You should hear my Shackler’s If the World remix ft 50 cent and Eminem. It rocks the ballistics. 

On 28-6-2018 at 3:04 AM, Gackt said:

At least Bucket was nice enough to perform songs for his solo that were already long available on his solo albums for people who were interested :P on a free download album (Giant Robot NTT) except for Big Sur Moon, no less

On the downside Buckethead incorporated rubber chickens and nunchuck dances into his solo's. Now, I'm a bigger fan of herpes than I am of DJ Ashba, but that stuff that Buckethead did should never be part of a GnR gig either. ;) 

• Like 1

Just now, wasted said:

I have always liked Ballad of Death and think it would be a great opener to an album.

BOD death then it drops into OMG, Silkworms, Going Down, The General, Soul Monster, Atlas Shrugged

not a fan of dj's guitar playing in general, but i could see how he could have written a lot of stuff for axl to take and make into a mixture of what axl had from cd2 and half an album of dj ballad of death is actually pretty good imo. better fit than bumble in the writing department. a style that would have probably worked.

Edited by Rovim

32 minutes ago, Rovim said:

not a fan of dj's guitar playing in general, but i could see how he could have written a lot of stuff for axl to take and make into a mixture of what axl had from cd2 and half an album of dj ballad of death is actually pretty good imo. better fit than bumble in the writing department. a style that would have probably worked.

I think Axl could have got a few pop metal songs out of him and maybe a consistent sound across a record. But it would have that glam pop metal feel. Ron would be used on Axl’s more epic material. And Fortus would hold it all together. I’d be interested in Axl singing on Dj’s solo album. That just seems like it would work in a fun way. 

52 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

Shit on DJ all you want( i can't stand the guy )

His guitar  skills  sucks, but he is way better songwriter/producer etc than robin fink.

I was sure that it would be April 1st when I checked the date but alas no.....

15 minutes ago, T-Minus said:

I was sure that it would be April 1st when I checked the date but alas no.....

Can you elaborate?(not on the lame joke)

What does  guitar  player like Finck brings to the table? Has he made any kind of impact  in the rock world? Other than being the one that plays live songs written  by X person?

I don't  see people talking about how many great songs he wrote, melodies  or if he is able to come with killer guitar riffs. Or if his skill is superior to the thousands of session musicians around the world.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chuzeville said:

Does anyone actually think of these as "Guns n'Roses"?

good question. I'm pretty sure these don't count at all. remember when Bumblefoot did the Pink Panther theme? he even had other GNR members playing at the studio version, but still it was considered his own thing. and we have nothing that suggests anyone else is playing on those than DJ (might be all machines). so I don't think these count as GNR.

1 minute ago, felixGNR said:

Can you elaborate?(not on the lame joke)

What does  guitar  player like Finck brings to the table? Has he made any kind of impact  in the rock world? Other than being the one that plays live songs written  by X person?

I don't  see people talking about how many great songs he wrote, melodies  or if he is able to come with killer guitar riffs. Or if his skill is superior to the thousands of session musicians around the world.

as historically active member of two hugely influential bands (GNR and NIN), I'd think he made a decent impact.

guitar riffs? well... he's certainly not a guitar virtuoso. more like an excentric breaking-his-own-spine guitarist. the music in general is simply not only about guitar solos.

but still, he for example did the This I Love solo, which is excellent.

• Like 2