Mi Amor & Ballad Of Death Studio Versions **NO LINKS**

I dont understand the complaining On dj. 2010 was great with dj, finally Someone with a normal rock-look and a really great ballad of death! That solo spot was way better than bumble, finck or whoever his solo spot. Plus since dj, the slash solo’s really sounded more like they Should sound like. Bumble, Bucket(i did enjoy buckethead) gave solo’s more of their OWN twist.  Off course there is only one slash. 

Edited by DutchAxl*88*

1 hour ago, zombux said:

as historically active member of two hugely influential bands (GNR and NIN), I'd think he made a decent impact.

guitar riffs? well... he's certainly not a guitar virtuoso. more like an excentric breaking-his-own-spine guitarist. the music in general is simply not only about guitar solos.

but still, he for example did the This I Love solo, which is excellent.

I think Finck wrote Better and Hand that Feeds for NIN. That’s his main contribution to stadium rock. If you are tallying up hit song credits. Which is a currency in rock. 

1 hour ago, zombux said:

good question. I'm pretty sure these don't count at all. remember when Bumblefoot did the Pink Panther theme? he even had other GNR members playing at the studio version, but still it was considered his own thing. and we have nothing that suggests anyone else is playing on those than DJ (might be all machines). so I don't think these count as GNR.

I don’t see it as GNR until it’s on an album. If latter day new Guns made an album and covered The Seeker and BOD was on it then it would be GNR. But where does that leave Silkworms? 

21 minutes ago, wasted said:

I think Finck wrote Better and Hand that Feeds for NIN. That’s his main contribution to stadium rock. If you are tallying up hit song credits. Which is a currency in rock. 

Robin wasn't part of NIN when HTF was released. Aaron North was his fresh replacement during that time. Robin was asked by Trent to join in 2005 but Robin opted to stay in GNR.

44 minutes ago, zombux said:

Robin wasn't part of NIN when HTF was released. Aaron North was his fresh replacement during that time. Robin was asked by Trent to join in 2005 but Robin opted to stay in GNR.

But he wrote that song, right? That’s the one song he gets credited with. Or was it something on The Slip. I just remember him about Hand that feeds. 

Edited by wasted

4 hours ago, username said:

On the downside Buckethead incorporated rubber chickens and nunchuck dances into his solo's. Now, I'm a bigger fan of herpes than I am of DJ Ashba, but that stuff that Buckethead did should never be part of a GnR gig either. ;) 

That's entertainment :lol: only so many people in the world that can incorporate a nunchuck robot dance while performing a guitar solo

1 hour ago, Torb said:

Well, if this means "suck as guitar player"...

I absolutely love the first Beautiful Creatures album! DJ was shining there. the second album without him is poor.

then the first Sixx:AM album was nice, but it was more like Nikki's thing, not much space for guitars. the newer albums were fine, the most recent ones were rubbish.

5 hours ago, zombux said:

as historically active member of two hugely influential bands (GNR and NIN), I'd think he made a decent impact.

guitar riffs? well... he's certainly not a guitar virtuoso. more like an excentric breaking-his-own-spine guitarist. the music in general is simply not only about guitar solos.

but still, he for example did the This I Love solo, which is excellent.

His Street of Dreams solo was also excellent. 

Zombux pretty much summed it up for me.  Gashba pales significantly to any other guitarist GnR have had including Paul Tobias.

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Mi Amor is awful

but........... 'The Ballad of Death' is beautiful, the only good thing DJ has ever done and just because he's a tool doesn't mean I won't admit TBOD is awesome

I was thinking about it a bit and I think I prefer Mi Amor. anyway, these are just normal guitar solos... what he was doing in Beautiful Creatures was much more interesting. in GNR he was just a hired henchman (and I don't mean it bad, not at all! he just had to do his ungrateful job - that is trying to replicate Robin and also replicate how Robin replicated Slash - which is unfortunate enough)

1 minute ago, zombux said:

+ includes a lot of fakes and purposedly incomplete stuff... people must be very desperate to spread such mess.

i have everything on that list apart from atlas and i think its very very unlikely its the real song anyway. there was a fake going around

2 minutes ago, donny said:

i have everything on that list apart from atlas and i think its very very unlikely its the real song anyway. there was a fake going around

it is worse than that.

Ballad OF Death - legit, complete
Better (Ashba) - legit, complete, leaked in 2013
Better brain - legit (Better Gone), leaked in 2012, but this bunch of stuff has incomplete version (the final Josey Wales quote cut off, WHY???)
better bumblefoot - legit, complete, leaked in 2013
The General leak - ??? fake
Atlas - fake
My World (Demo) - fake, fanmade edit of the UYI album track
Silkworms - if this is the version with BBF guitar then it's legit, leaked recently
Street of Dreams 2001 Demo - legit, leaked recently, missing the beginning but it leaked like that and I guess we're not getting more
There Was a Time 2001 Demo - legit, leaked recntly
Oh My God Leak - same as Silkworms above
Better Remix - which remix??? all 3 existing remixes are already above
If The World Remix - incomplete, complete version is 4:06 and has not leaked as of now, recent leak is 3:58
Mi Amor (Studio) - legit, complete, leaked recently
Prostitute (BITTW) Remix - legit, complete, leaked in 2012
Shacklers Revenge Remix - legit, leaked recntly, only if it's 4:09 or 4:08 is it complete, otherwise incomplete cut
The General Cellphone Recording - legit, leaked recently
The General Studio Clip - fake
This I Love Remix - legit, complete, leaked recntly

2 minutes ago, zombux said:

it is worse than that.

Ballad OF Death - legit, complete
Better (Ashba) - legit, complete, leaked in 2013
Better brain - legit (Better Gone), leaked in 2012, but this bunch of stuff has incomplete version (the final Josey Wales quote cut off, WHY???)
better bumblefoot - legit, complete, leaked in 2013
The General leak - ??? fake
Atlas - fake
My World (Demo) - fake, fanmade edit of the UYI album track
Silkworms - if this is the version with BBF guitar then it's legit, leaked recently
Street of Dreams 2001 Demo - legit, leaked recently, missing the beginning but it leaked like that and I guess we're not getting more
There Was a Time 2001 Demo - legit, leaked recntly
Oh My God Leak - same as Silkworms above
Better Remix - which remix??? all 3 existing remixes are already above
If The World Remix - incomplete, complete version is 4:06 and has not leaked as of now, recent leak is 3:58
Mi Amor (Studio) - legit, complete, leaked recently
Prostitute (BITTW) Remix - legit, complete, leaked in 2012
Shacklers Revenge Remix - legit, leaked recntly, only if it's 4:09 or 4:08 is it complete, otherwise incomplete cut
The General Cellphone Recording - legit, leaked recently
The General Studio Clip - fake
This I Love Remix - legit, complete, leaked recntly

agree with the above apart from the General studio clip, thats real ! i have 2 parts of the General. 

i have the cellphone recording-REAL

and the intro used as the intro to concerts-REAL 

both parts come to around 3 to 3.5 minutes in total :) 

3 minutes ago, donny said:

agree with the above apart from the General studio clip, thats real ! i have 2 parts of the General. 

i have the cellphone recording-REAL

and the intro used as the intro to concerts-REAL 

both parts come to around 3 to 3.5 minutes in total :) 

no it's not :) the only real thing is the cellphone clip, anything from "studio" is not real.

6 minutes ago, zombux said:

no it's not :) the only real thing is the cellphone clip, anything from "studio" is not real.

surely the intro used at concerts would be the "studio" clip ? no vocals just the intro with crowd noise. a few have been on youtube for the past several years

4 minutes ago, donny said:

surely the intro used at concerts would be the "studio" clip ? no vocals just the intro with crowd noise. a few have been on youtube for the past several years

I think the story was already been told in the General topic a few times, just get there and find it.

I didn't care too much about it because it was fake and I don't keep fakes in my memory ;)

it was a really good fake though, kudos to the creator (was it evader? I think so). 

7 minutes ago, zombux said:

I think the story was already been told in the General topic a few times, just get there and find it.

I didn't care too much about it because it was fake and I don't keep fakes in my memory ;)

it was a really good fake though, kudos to the creator (was it evader? I think so). 

Evader has one on youtube with no crowd noise(fake), but what about the ones recorded by the audience ?

like you point out though, The General has its own topic/thread :) 

Edited by donny

Just now, donny said:

Evader has one on youtube with no crowd noise, but what about the ones recorded by the audience ?

like you point out though, The General has its own topic/thread :) 

it was somehow proven that "The General intro" indeed is The General, I think someone who was in possession of the cellphone clip made some cleanups and edits and then tried matching the thing onto the intro - and was surprised that it matched perfectly. that was kind of a "proof" that the intro is/was The General. so yeah, that intro is also "legit", as much as the 2002 piano intros before November Rain were in fact legit Prostitute :)