What was even the point of the planned Chinese Remix album?

I know it’s been discussed here or there in various threads but I wanted a more general thread. The Chinese remixes we know exist and have been leaked recently or years ago are Shacklers Revenge, If The World, Prostitute (Blood in the Water), about 10373 versions of Better, and This I Love*. I also think that Oh My God and Silkworms would have been added to this album. To me, none of these remixes are interesting. They’re okay for a listen or two out of curiosity but if they were ever realeased it may have tarnished the Guns name in my opinion. 

What was the point of this album? To reach a new audience with hip hop tracks? To get the most bang for their buck with the 14 million dollars spent to record these songs in the first place? Did Axl think there was actually a market for this? Overall im glad if this was the record they allegedly he submitted in ‘10 that it was rejected. 

*no one ask for links pls let’s have a nice and happy thread and also you can be banned so make the right choice y’all 

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I know it’s been discussed here or there in various threads but I wanted a more general thread. The Chinese remixes we know exist and have been leaked recently or years ago are Shacklers Revenge, If The World, Prostitute (Blood in the Water), about 10373 versions of Better, and This I Love*. I also think that Oh My God and Silkworms would have been added to this album. To me, none of these remixes are interesting. They’re okay for a listen or two out of curiosity but if they were ever realeased it may have tarnished the Guns name in my opinion. 

What was the point of this album? To reach a new audience with hip hop tracks? To get the most bang for their buck with the 14 million dollars spent to record these songs in the first place? Did Axl think there was actually a market for this? Overall im glad if this was the record they allegedly he submitted in ‘10 that it was rejected. 

*no one ask for links pls let’s have a nice and happy thread and also you can be banned so make the right choice y’all 

I think it would probably be some part of bonus material, include on CDII or a reissue of CD. Theres a Red Hand version of CD with the copyright date of 2010-2011, so maybe it was going to be part of that.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I've wondering about this off and on ever since hearing about the remixes like 8 years ago or whatever. 

In short, the ONLY thing I can think of was that it was part of Axl's "I DO WHAT I WANT!" bit. Defiant to the point of "Oh, that pissed you off, well wait til you get a load of this!" type of thing. That's the only thing that makes any remote sense to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, default_ said:

I think it would probably be some part of bonus material, include on CDII or a reissue of CD. Theres a Red Hand version of CD with the copyright date of 2010-2011, so maybe it was going to be part of that.

This makes the most sense to me. He still had Brain retained in the studio and probably told him to throw a bunch of shit together for a loosely-planned reissue or something like that.

a likely scenario was having "The Remix album" either accompanying "CD2", or part of reissued expanded edition of CD (probably a bonus disc). things seem to indicate that whatever was the purpose, it was rejected by the label in 2010 and Axl seemed to gave up on ChiDem stuff since that time.

it's not really possible to tell when exactly that rejection happened, we know that the "VIP listening party" including The General (that crappy quality cellphone recording that leaked recently) was in Vienna in 2010, and Vienna show happened on 18th September 2010 - I don't think Axl & co were flying to Vienna some other day than around the show (maybe @Mindray11 remembers if the party was happening during the days around the show) - and altough it's not possible to tell exactly, I'd say that the listening party must have happened before the rejection. so the rejection probably happened in late 2010 - my guess how the things happened.

• Like 1

NIN had a remix for each of their albums that were widely loved when Ax got started on the NuGuns era. Even the perfect Drug single had a disc with like 8 remixes of just that track. Mason had Remix and Repent - it was a thing at the time. Going back to Axl initially wanting to do a project with Trent and then hiring Finck and flirting with Vrenna, Id speculate that the remix idea might be inspired by his love of NIN. And as the CD project went along it got further from industrial like OMG and brought in hip hop elements.

My second thought is more cynical: Axl promised a trilogy but only completed 2 discs worth of music. So remix album makes three.

• Like 4

Its hilariously ridicolous. It was probably part of the planned ChiDem rerelease in 2011. I could see a disc accompying the album with Better Gone, Blood In The Water, ITW, Shacklers, TiL, Silkworms, OMG, and Going Down

Would have been asinine, but it is GNR lol

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, zombux said:

a likely scenario was having "The Remix album" either accompanying "CD2", or part of reissued expanded edition of CD (probably a bonus disc). things seem to indicate that whatever was the purpose, it was rejected by the label in 2010 and Axl seemed to gave up on ChiDem stuff since that time.

it's not really possible to tell when exactly that rejection happened, we know that the "VIP listening party" including The General (that crappy quality cellphone recording that leaked recently) was in Vienna in 2010, and Vienna show happened on 18th September 2010 - I don't think Axl & co were flying to Vienna some other day than around the show (maybe @Mindray11 remembers if the party was happening during the days around the show) - and altough it's not possible to tell exactly, I'd say that the listening party must have happened before the rejection. so the rejection probably happened in late 2010 - my guess how the things happened.

has it been confirmed that the label did indeed reject a Chinese Democracy 2 in 2010?  It just seems weird that they would, esp if it was already recorded and ready to go.

41 minutes ago, zombux said:

it's not really possible to tell when exactly that rejection happened, we know that the "VIP listening party" including The General (that crappy quality cellphone recording that leaked recently) was in Vienna in 2010, and Vienna show happened on 18th September 2010 - I don't think Axl & co were flying to Vienna some other day than around the show (maybe @Mindray11 remembers if the party was happening during the days around the show) 

regular "after show" that happened after the show, backstage at the venue. it wasn't a special VIP listening party or something like that :)

Edited by Mindray11
  • Like 1

Just now, Evan442 said:

has it been confirmed that the label did indeed reject a Chinese Democracy 2 in 2010?  It just seems weird that they would, esp if it was already recorded and ready to go.

I don't know, all this is just rumors I got here and there. the whole thing was probably the label already forcing Axl back in to the reunion that happened in 2016.

2 minutes ago, Creed said:

The idea of remixing it of re-editing is OK, while still insane, cause CD has no really hit material and the album failed.

in my opinion, the only song worth heavy radio play would be the title track, but the idiotic 1 minute intro baked before it just killed it. reportedly there's a radio edit (Japanese? but I also heard that one in local radio at least twice) which omits the intro, and THAT would be the thing.

yeah, still it's in the vein of Nevermind, but holy hell it's so powerful! the rest of the songs aren't "hits" in the regular sense, I agree.

Don't really see how it would be much of a selling point with any proposed release.

I'd figure that the some folk would stick it on, think to themselves "This is abject shite" and then put it off again. The majority of folk probably wouldn't even play it.

Don't really see how it would be much of a selling point with any proposed release.

I'd figure that the some folk would stick it on, think to themselves "This is abject shite" and then put it off again. The majority of folk probably wouldn't even play it.

Listen to axl when he talks about Chinese in the Eddie trunk interview.

He says "it will do more" as if its untapped gem with a golden moment on the horizon.

That's why you can buy it for £2 off eBay axl. No one truly gives a shit and ever will. Remixing shit to make it fresher makes it age worse.

4 minutes ago, angriestwhopper said:

Listen to axl when he talks about Chinese in the Eddie trunk interview.

He says "it will do more" as if its untapped gem with a golden moment on the horizon.

That's why you can buy it for £2 off eBay axl. No one truly gives a shit and ever will. Remixing shit to make it fresher makes it age worse.

Axl never remixed it, Brain did. just sayin'.

• Like 1

So Remix Album -

Better Gone (Acoustic)
Better (DJ Ashba Version)
Blood In The Water

If The World (Remix)
Mi Amor
Ballad Of Death
Shacklers Revenge (Remix)
This I Love (remix)

Silkworms
OMG

Along with possibly Going Down (showcasing Tommy)
Is that all the ones we knew about? 
I can imagine if DJ solos were to be included, I suspect Bumble and Fortus contributions might of been too, either originals or Pink Pantha and James Bond theme, etc.
This almost could of been a showcase for the hired hands if anything. 

In interviews when they were always saying we're working and cooking up stuff, I guess this is what they meant? Or did any of those DJ or bumble stuff get used at all, I wonder...
probably just all became Sixx AM and Bumble solo (he confirmed that) stuff...