ToonGuns

ProShot Download Festival on TV This Weekend

18 minutes ago, donny said:

so they didn't show the pink slips full set ? 

Must have slipped past them somehow :smiley-confused2:

It's obvious Sky didn't bother to mix any of the soundboard audio from Download as most of it sounds terrible. I'd have expected a bit more given they've had a few weeks to prepare the footage

So they played it's so easy and welcome to the jungle, i'm surprised they didn't close with Paradise city 

Well that was painful. I ended up muting it  and just watching the footage.

I'm just glad they never showed Sweet Child and YCBM.

I think the biggest problem was the mix. Axl didn't sound too bad I thought.

He sounds bad. Songs like "It's So Easy" and "Mr. Brownstone" are not even that good anymore.

6 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

He sounds bad. Songs like "It's So Easy" and "Mr. Brownstone" are not even that good anymore.

Yeah, he really needs to start learning how to sing in a way that actually sounds good again. 

• Like 1

Yeesh, as a huge Dragonforce fan, I’m flustered. Both my bands are sure not what they used to be.

I wonder how much longer before mainstream press catches up on how bad Axl sounds lately. 

Was it that bad? :/

7 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Aerosmith had 4 last year.

Which is on YT, but only in 480p and with shitty audio. I don't know why. Hope it won't be the same for GNR.

True professionals

11 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Alright, I’m ready. Where’s the pro shot at? 

I hope you have a bucket next to you

24 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Alright, I’m ready. Where’s the pro shot at? 

It's.... Out there. On a well known site that I'm sure shouldn't be linked here :)
Well, "Part One" is out there AFAIK.

7 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Good one, lol. Honestly, are they any good?  I haven't heard them yet. 

NO

Fridays headliners Avenged Sevenfold had 2 songs played on the friday but they also showed another song on the saturday.. maybe theyll do the same with GnR tonight.

Apart from the first part of jungle it was fine. What are people moaning about? ISE was good. Middle to end of Jungle was perfectly acceptable. 

Awful sound mix across ALL bands. 

I was watching it with my wife who is a casual GnR fan. We went to see GnR together 6 years ago at Nottingham Arena in 2012.

She said: "who's that?! Their dad's?! What happened? They look awful. How can Axl change so much in 6 years, he was fine when we saw them last". She was not impressed. This was more about how old they looked rather than how they sounded. She was very surprised at the big difference in appearance after only 6 years.

• Sad 1

It is what it is.  Axl seems to phone in large parts of gigs these days, whether that is his choice or not is debatable.  We will see when AC/DC tour.  Last time he sang like a beast with AC/DC and half assed GnR which to me is terrible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

I was watching it with my wife who is a casual GnR fan. We went to see GnR together 6 years ago at Nottingham Arena in 2012.

She said: "who's that?! Their dad's?! What happened? They look awful. How can Axl change so much in 6 years, he was fine when we saw them last". She was not impressed. This was more about how old they looked rather than how they sounded. She was very surprised at the big difference in appearance after only 6 years.

"That DJ ashba guy looks so old..but I like what he's doing with This I Love solo now"

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Haha 2