ProShot Download Festival on TV This Weekend

Not complaining or blaming the band on this one but Around 99.99% of each short festival proshots or tour promos we got since Adam and Eve contains WTTJ. I'm sick and tired of this song specially with current Axl's vocal it's either hard to watch or boring.

Only time I truely enjoyed a festival proshot release was Reading 2010. Vocals was amazing and that The Blues was surreal.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

I wonder what it sounds like to Axl’s ears when he sings jungle...

I doubt he cares. 

Even ISE doesn't sound good any more :/. What is this dying old man vocal he is doing on that song lol? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Unpopular opinion- I don't think Axl's voice is as bad as everyone is saying. 

Yeah. I'll be first to say when I think it sucks but I didnt think this was that bad. I lime these more than rio for sure

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah. I'll be first to say when I think it sucks but I didnt think this was that bad. I lime these more than rio for sure

That was my bar for this one as well. This sounds like 2006 compared to Rio :lol:

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

10 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Lol saying Axl sounds like shit even if it’s a fact = hater

People complaints about the voice since 2001 and still visit a Guns N' Roses Forum and complain, complain, complain.. mimimimi...

I still enjoy the band because Axl and Slash are friends again and share the stage together... and this is still a damn fuckin amazing thing...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

I was watching it with my wife who is a casual GnR fan. We went to see GnR together 6 years ago at Nottingham Arena in 2012.

She said: "who's that?! Their dad's?! What happened? They look awful. How can Axl change so much in 6 years, he was fine when we saw them last". She was not impressed. This was more about how old they looked rather than how they sounded. She was very surprised at the big difference in appearance after only 6 years.

One thing I don't think Axl gets enough credit for is how much he slimmed down from 2012 to 2016/now. I reckon there's a big difference.

I would also say vocally he's a lot better nowadays than what he was in 2011/14, obviously a few rough spots here and there, but it genuinely did seem like he was going through the motions when performing. Whether or not that had anything to do with the unsuccessful lawsuit against Activision, we'll probably never know. Welcome to the Jungle is normally a good tune for him to showcase his range with that intro scream, 2011/14 he very rarely, if at all, went full throttle with the prolonged screams.

I'm aware currently that he hasn't been getting a lot of plaudits from the fan base like he was throughout 2016, but I reckon he'll get back to his best soon enough.

There's both positives and negatives of a Guns show. With Axl being 56, I'm just trying to get to as many shows as possible so I can experience it while I can. I do feel he's got a lot of mileage left, just hopefully at some point he can win over the majority of the fan base with his performances and I'm hoping that new music and a major overhaul of the setlist if and when that happens, will provide the 'boot up the arse' that may or may not be needed, depending on what side of the fence you are :lol:

25 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Lol saying Axl sounds like shit even if it’s a fact = hater

Well in this case he doesn't sound like shit apart from the opening few lines of jungle. 

ISE is good and Jungle is also fine.

Live they were both fucking brilliant at that gig. 

he isn't perfect and NEVER has been in any era. 

The kid who mentioned Reading proshot..... i remember people saying how shit that was back in the day. Comedy forum this. That Jungle was no better and it was in the '2010' era... LOL

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NicoRourke said:

Thank you so very much! I think they sound very good, even though the mix is crap. Hopefully we’ll be treated with a blu-ray for Christmas.

ISE sounds excellent -as usual- apart from the atrocious mix and volume. :headbang:

Not their best performance of either song but they weren't bad and I enjoyed watching them.  Really cool to see a pro shot.. Just imagine how cool a well mixed Blu Ray could be. Especially if they go through footage and find top notch performances of each song from the tour.  

• Like 3