Jump to content
ToonGuns

ProShot Download Festival on TV This Weekend

Recommended Posts

Moments of Axl sounding good, but overall ISE and Jungle are not showcasing him at his best. Last year those songs would have been his best two to show, this year? Shadow of your love, live and let die, Civil war? hard to pick he's so all over the place... it doesn't sound like he's got his vocals in order yet and he usually does by now; so, I'm assuming he's battling some ailment. He's clearly enjoying himself up there, so it's hard to say he doesn't care.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion this Jungle isn't bad it's a but better than apollo 2017 but yeah he can do better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah this was great.

Was right down the front for it so couldn’t really hear Axl over the crowd so happy to have seen this and happy that it wasn’t as bad as I had feared :lol:

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, really? People think Axl sounds "great" in this version of WTTJ? Not even passable or decent or better than expected, but actually great? If this is great, what would his 2016 form be? Or 2010?

There isn't a single person who is not a hardcore fan who would not be appalled by that version of WTTJ. A friend of mine who was at download is trying to get his head around the fact that this is how Axl sounded there, as he had no idea it was that bad during the show. This is also one the worst performances of 2018, Axl sounds a bit better right now and it's still not "great".  

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

Wow, really? People think Axl sounds "great" in this version of WTTJ? Not even passable or decent or better than expected, but actually great? If this is great, what would his 2016 form be? Or 2010?

There isn't a single person who is not a hardcore fan who would not be appalled by that version of WTTJ. A friend of mine who was at download is trying to get his head around the fact that this is how Axl sounded there, as he had no idea it was that bad during the show. This is also one the worst performances of 2018, Axl sounds a bit better right now and it's still not "great".  

Ok let me clarify my “great” comment.

”Great” as in very enjoyable band performance. Not focusing purely on Axl but rather everyone. “Great” in the sense that I can look back at the show I attended and relive it.

Understand your comments but do not fully agree.

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen the band 5 times and nothing wrong with this performance at all, don't get it.  To many people on here micro managing Axl's performance like he was 28 year old again, the guy is rocking it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, here's a torrent link for Sky Art's coverage of Download Festival. Unfortunately the quality isn't as good as it could be, but expect better in the next few days!

https://mega.nz/#!ycIWxaCQ

Decryption key:

!DP4vihaf9XuL7Ba0yP_78_a6iChiUsX3qC8V4OHK_8w

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is fine, enjoy the damn show. Our favorite band is back together and playing great, something we never thought would happen in a million years! We all (myself at times included) are way too quick to pick apart Axl's performance and why he is bad in certain spots, none of us can even fathom how much power and energy is required to put on the show he puts on, and just how much strain it probably has on his voice. Give the guy a break. He is killing it and having fun, we should be too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both songs in my YouTube channel :) Let's see how much they last until they get taken down.

 

 

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dean said:

Guys, here's a torrent link for Sky Art's coverage of Download Festival. Unfortunately the quality isn't as good as it could be, but expect better in the next few days!

https://mega.nz/#!ycIWxaCQ

Decryption key:

!DP4vihaf9XuL7Ba0yP_78_a6iChiUsX3qC8V4OHK_8w

Do you have part one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the clips I've seen/heard sound atrocious. Who the hell approved the audio mix???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunno what everyone's whingeing about, the mix sounded fine to me, the band was good, and besides the first half of WTTJ Axl was pretty good too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It must be a shock to those casuals tuning into see their first glimpse of Axl in 25 years and seeing this husky, hulking out of breath 2018 version.

Has South Park taken the piss out of him yet since the 3-union began?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Has South Park taken the piss out of him yet since the 3-union began?

No but American Dad has

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for videos.
Will we get more videos from this show in PRO SHOT or "just" WTTJ and ISE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No complaints from me. The mix sounds fine on the actual broadcast and in the newer uploads in this thread. The shots look good which isn’t always the case in daylight. Axl isn’t strong in the first verse of WTTJ but it doesn’t make me cringe like some performances from this leg of the tour would!

Actually, one complaint. I want MORE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×