Locked N' Loaded Box Set

On 04-07-2018 at 4:47 AM, rossco said:

some more pics, sorry there not the best quality. 

23tf281.jpg

Hey @Rossco or any gunner who can respnd pls. I got mi LnL boxset... and i dont see that certificate!!!! same fot the "tickets" replicas. Can u tell where was yours please? (i didt broke the seals of the items so meybe there?)

Edited by axlvai
Add

if memory serves me correctly @axlvai the c.o.a was in the black folder, or if not they will be in the hardback folder.

i thought i didn't have the c.o.a & ticket stubs when i first got it, but then went thru all the box and found everything inc the hidden tape !!!!!!!

good luck hope you find it :headbang:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Finally got my hands on the box set.

I was starting to think I'd missed my chance being in England as shipping cost and import fees would be astronomical.

Good old eBay had one in the UK that cost me £400 but it was mint and sealed. I had to drive 2.5 to collect and the chap told me his son helped design it and was given a complimentary one!

Shortly before that, I purchased a box only off eBay for £50. I've cut out all the inside shelving and now use it to store all my various copies of Appetite and other GN'R 12" vinyl singles and picture disc from that era.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the remaining stock (there must be loads!!)

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wondering if anyone can help me. I purchased the "Appetite For Destruction - Locked N' Loaded Box" secondhand, and it seems I have something odd. The set is complete and the contents were still fully shrink wrapped, but the Certificate of Authenticity was numbered "00000." Which is weird... Basically I'm just trying to figure out what I have here, as it seems a little strange. Any help is appreciated.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

There was a link in this thread from a Canadian Retailer that had the boxset at $500 Canadian, which equates to something like £300. I got the boxset from there for £260 with free worldwide delivery. I got a tax bill around 6 months later for over £100 but all in, it was a good buy and nowhere near the outrageous amount they were charging initially.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 5:40 AM, Dean said:

There was a link in this thread from a Canadian Retailer that had the boxset at $500 Canadian, which equates to something like £300. I got the boxset from there for £260 with free worldwide delivery. I got a tax bill around 6 months later for over £100 but all in, it was a good buy and nowhere near the outrageous amount they were charging initially.

What did you end up doing with it?

23 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

What did you end up doing with it?

It sits underneath one of my shelving units for vinyl next to my other box sets. It’s merely decoration at this point as I mostly play my original pressings, but it was enjoyed thoroughly when it arrived. Pretty cool box, but was it worth £1000 that it initially retailed for? No chance. They had the right idea though and should they do similar for Use Your Illusion, I hope they include full length concert footage of something that isn’t already out there.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Dean said:

It sits underneath one of my shelving units for vinyl next to my other box sets. It’s merely decoration at this point as I mostly play my original pressings, but it was enjoyed thoroughly when it arrived. Pretty cool box, but was it worth £1000 that it initially retailed for? No chance. They had the right idea though and should they do similar for Use Your Illusion, I hope they include full length concert footage of something that isn’t already out there.

I got mine on what I feel was the absolute best deal through this whole process. $499 for the box and that included a Pro Ject turntable that would cost about $300 on its own. 

I gifted the turntable to a friend who needed it. Then I gave the actual wood box to ZoSoRose. Then I filed all the records in my bins which is all I wanted to do in the first place lol. 

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

36 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I got mine on what I feel was the absolute best deal through this whole process. $499 for the box and that included a Pro Ject turntable that would cost about $300 on its own. 

I gifted the turntable to a friend who needed it. Then I gave the actual wood box to ZoSoRose. Then I filed all the records in my bins which is all I wanted to do in the first place lol. 

Part of the reason I always wanted the boxset was for the reissue of Live Like A Suicide. If it weren't for COVID, I don't think I'd have ever picked up an original copy, but with lockdowns along with all the restrictions, I was able to just get caught up on my Holy Grails!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for some help.

I’m tempted to finally bite the bullet on this one and buy a copy, but UK stores (certainly the official store) seem to have sold out, so unless anyone has another suggestion was going to buy via the official USA store, but any clue what shipping and import tax will be to UK?

6 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Looking for some help.

I’m tempted to finally bite the bullet on this one and buy a copy, but UK stores (certainly the official store) seem to have sold out, so unless anyone has another suggestion was going to buy via the official USA store, but any clue what shipping and import tax will be to UK?

When I bought mine, UK retailers was still holding the original price and I think that may still be the case. I bought it from these guys:

https://shop.musicvaultz.com/*/*/Appetite-For-Destruction-Locked-N-Loaded-Edition/5UW60000000

It equates to £310, but there will also be discount codes available - try this: MV20

It was free delivery, but I got hit with a tax bill about 6 months later for £100 I think it was, all in, still was much better and cheaper than paying £1000 in the UK!

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Hi there.

I noticed a time ago, that in my box which I purchased years ago directly from the gnr shop (europe, not second hand) the LP 1 from the AFD is missing but instead LP 2 is in it a second time. Anybody else had this?

On 3/17/2024 at 8:09 AM, pik said:

Hi there.

I noticed a time ago, that in my box which I purchased years ago directly from the gnr shop (europe, not second hand) the LP 1 from the AFD is missing but instead LP 2 is in it a second time. Anybody else had this?

That sucks, but at least that is the easiest record to replace

On 12/18/2020 at 12:31 PM, rberko1 said:

Wondering if anyone can help me. I purchased the "Appetite For Destruction - Locked N' Loaded Box" secondhand, and it seems I have something odd. The set is complete and the contents were still fully shrink wrapped, but the Certificate of Authenticity was numbered "00000." Which is weird... Basically I'm just trying to figure out what I have here, as it seems a little strange. Any help is appreciated.

Apologies for not seeing this until now. That is a promo version, same as one of the ones I have.