2 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

I'm talking about this part:

"And don't you cry
Cause I'll be coming back home to you
It's not too long to wait
I'll be back for you"

If you've heard the Don't Cry demo you know what I'm talking about.

Is that the version on it? Because there are actually 3 Don't Cry demos.

23 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Is that the version on it? Because there are actually 3 Don't Cry demos.

It's from the first demo tape mystic studios recorded in 1985. They still played all songs in standard tuning. You can buy this version legally... here:

https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Cry-Guns-N-Roses/dp/B0000070NI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1530400898&sr=8-1&keywords=Don't+Cry+single

The official (!!!) Don't Cry Single has the demo version in a very good CD Quality.. It's the "Cause I'll be coming back home to you" Version, 1985, mystic studio recording, standard tuning.

if I'm not wrong, they also didn't include second take of Sound City Rocket Queen, so that leaves two SC tracks outside of the release.

Mystic tape was included as hidden cassette bonus.

and that leaves all 13 Pasha tracks out (well, the SOYL was released on the Jungle EP with fake crowd noise)

so that is, 13 Pasha tracks and 2 Sound City tracks were not included in the release - at least of those recordings which are known to exist.

Edited by zombux

On 6/29/2018 at 2:46 PM, Lies They Tell said:

Maybe Axl's embarrassed of the spoken words -part during the guitar solo. I know I would be if I was Axl. :lol: 

You’re thinking of the version of Don’t Cry from the Mystic Studios session. He doesn’t do the spoken part in the Sound City demo, which is what was omitted from the rest of the Sound City demos in the box set.

On 6/29/2018 at 3:41 PM, saint_seiya said:

Maybe being saved for the Use your Illusion boxset?

I don’t think they’d save that demo for an Illusions reissue just because that song eventually ended up on Illusions. If so, they probably would have saved the November Rain and Back off Bitch demos for that as well.

On 7/2/2018 at 10:04 AM, nevergotochurch said:

I don’t think they’d save that demo for an Illusions reissue just because that song eventually ended up on Illusions. If so, they probably would have saved the November Rain and Back off Bitch demos for that as well.

Unless there was genuine confusion and they THOUGHT the Sound City demo was the b-side.   After all, they don't seem to have realized that the Sound City "Shadow of Your Love" was previously released as a b-side.   

1 hour ago, teejay said:

Unless there was genuine confusion and they THOUGHT the Sound City demo was the b-side.   After all, they don't seem to have realized that the Sound City "Shadow of Your Love" was previously released as a b-side.   

true, it was at LALD single. but, some other B-sides were also released again this time. for example alternate take of You're Crazy (released at WTTJ single).

• 4 weeks later...