What is the rarest/most collectable album you own?

Gordon Comstock

I'm interested to see what gems other people have in their collections.

For GNR albums, mine is either the Red Hand version of Chinese Democracy (sealed) or Live Era on vinyl (unsealed but NM).

As for other bands, it's probably a copy of 'GON5O' by Foxy Shazam - the album was only pressed on vinyl once, was never pressed on CD, and sold out fairly quickly. I've only ever seen a few pop up on ebay or discogs, usually for around $100. And for bootlegs, I've got the Axl/DC 3LP 'Hired Gun' set (Werchter 2016), which seems hard to find now.

What collectable albums do you guys have?

• Like 1

AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (Aussie edition, red vinyl). It's very rare here in europe

Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction (original artwork, vinyl)

Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy (demos and live versions, blue vinyl) 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

Im not sure if this is rare, so I hope I dont muck up the thread for serious collectors. Simple called "Mini LP" in small letter and Released by EMI. This is the Canada exclusive version with one extra track (a french one).  Its a mix of very early live and studio works. Im 99% certain David Gilmour arranged the lead guitar on James and the Cold Gun (Gilmour kinda 'developed' her as a new artist). Tracks from 79-82' :

CyvAUsGh.jpg?1

Spoiler

65OMRP9h.jpg?1

I also have a load of similar kinda Jeff Beck LPs, along with Yardbirds rarities completions and Jeff Beck bootleg LPs. Perhaps my copy of Hymns of the Soviet Union (actually that) is a rarity? 

Probably not sought after or valuable, but perhaps rare?

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

I don't have anything I'd consider super rare. A lot of stuff I have might be rare now but wasn't when I bought it, if that makes any sense. I do have a lot of records that are worth a LOT more than when I bought them for whatever reason. 

In case anyone is remotely interested, here's an Excel sheet with my entire collection through today. One tab is for 12" & 10" records the other is for 7" records:
https://we.tl/4zlx4dl5cT

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Towelie said:

How much did that set you back, dare I ask??

It was the cheapest I'd ever seen one, I don't remember the exact cost but I think it was a bit under $200 CDN, so maybe $150 US. Definitely the most expensive album I own, but considering what they usually go for I'd kick myself for not getting it.

32 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I don't have anything I'd consider super rare. A lot of stuff I have might be rare now but wasn't when I bought it, if that makes any sense. I do have a lot of records that are worth a LOT more than when I bought them for whatever reason. 

In case anyone is remotely interested, here's an Excel sheet with my entire collection through today. One tab is for 12" & 10" records the other is for 7" records:

That makes sense, I have a different Foxy Shazam album that was easy to find for a while, it cost me $20 in 2012, but I saw one on ebay about a week ago for $100... and I have a 12" single by Yelawolf that's probably worth double what I paid for it. Don't know if there's much else I have that's gone up in value. I have the 'gold stamp promo version' of AFD with the original artwork, and the AFD original artwork picture disc, but don't really know what those are worth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

That makes sense, I have a different Foxy Shazam album that was easy to find for a while, it cost me $20 in 2012, but I saw one on ebay about a week ago for $100... and I have a 12" single by Yelawolf that's probably worth double what I paid for it. Don't know if there's much else I have that's gone up in value. I have the 'gold stamp promo version' of AFD with the original artwork, and the AFD original artwork picture disc, but don't really know what those are worth.

Exactly. For example; I have Tom Keifer's solo LP which I paid $20 for when it came out. A buddy of mine was digging through my record bins last week and shit himself when he saw it. He was like "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH THIS IS WORTH NOW?! YOU SHOULD SELL IT!!". I said "But I really like his solo LP though. It's not about what it's worth on the market, it's about what it's worth to me". So I never look into that stuff. I feel like I'd be too tempted if I knew what a lot of my stuff is worth now lol.

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Exactly. For example; I have Tom Keifer's solo LP which I paid $20 for when it came out. A buddy of mine was digging through my record bins last week and shit himself when he saw it. He was like "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH THIS IS WORTH NOW?! YOU SHOULD SELL IT!!". I said "But I really like his solo LP though. It's not about what it's worth on the market, it's about what it's worth to me". So I never look into that stuff. I feel like I'd be too tempted if I knew what a lot of my stuff is worth now lol.

Yea I'm the same way. I know there's some records I could sell if I ever *needed* a few hundred bucks but the sentiment is worth more than the potential profit.

• Like 1

I used to own quite a bit of rare Prince shit, which I regrettably sold before he died and now it's selling for a fortune on ebay.

I had the original Crystal Ball silver boxset which I paid £50 for back in the day. I saw it go for nearly £700 on eBay last year. I think I sold it for about £80 one month when I was hard up.

I also had One Nite Alone Piano & Vocal album which was a fanclub only album, limited to about 5,000 copies or something. I sold that for about £100, but it'd probably go for triple that these days.

I also had the Rave In2 The Joy Fantastic remix album, again, a fanclub only album, limited to a few thousand copies. Sold it for about £40. Saw it on eBay for £150 last year.

Suffice to say, I've been a douche.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Awesome!

By the way, what's your address? 

Hey, on an entirely unrelated subject, do you have any holiday plans in the near future?  

Also, do you have a dog and if so how large is it? 

• Haha 3

Also, on topic, not sure about albums... I have the Japanese pressings of Izzy's Ju Ju, 117 and Live albums. Pink Floyds 1992 Early Singles album... A fairly rare heideroosjes live album that only had one pressing. 

I also have a lot of GnR and Heideroosjes cd singles. Four of the GnR ones are mini-cd-singles. Anybody remember those? Patience, Nightrain, Paradise City and... I think SCOM too. 

Kind of like this: 

397927186_1-guns-n-roses-paradise-city-m 

They're about the size of the later Sony minidisc, or a 3 1/4 inch floppy disc. Which most of you youngsters probably don't remember either. 

Also, I have this:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor pink floyd album sampler

Edited by username
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, username said:

Awesome!

By the way, what's your address? 

Hey, on an entirely unrelated subject, do you have any holiday plans in the near future?  

Also, do you have a dog and if so how large is it? 

:lol: my music listening area has it's own fb page:
https://www.facebook.com/33MusicAppreciationCenter/

I don't think there's any location info though :lol: I have had somewhere around 20 or 30 forum members and at least one former GN'R member over to spin records through the years though :)

You can hear BBF talking about my music set up around the 25:24 mark on this podcast:
http://wrif.com/episodes/radio-chatter-ron-bumblefoot-thal/

I'll tell you the same thing I've told @Tom-Ass and @troccoli recently; if you're ever near Detroit, you're more than welcome to stop by!

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I used to own quite a bit of rare Prince shit, which I regrettably sold before he died and now it's selling for a fortune on ebay.

I had the original Crystal Ball silver boxset which I paid £50 for back in the day. I saw it go for nearly £700 on eBay last year. I think I sold it for about £80 one month when I was hard up.

I also had One Nite Alone Piano & Vocal album which was a fanclub only album, limited to about 5,000 copies or something. I sold that for about £100, but it'd probably go for triple that these days.

I also had the Rave In2 The Joy Fantastic remix album, again, a fanclub only album, limited to a few thousand copies. Sold it for about £40. Saw it on eBay for £150 last year.

Suffice to say, I've been a douche.

The big Prince vinyl piece that I want is The Rainbow Children. Last I saw they were all going for like $400 - $700 though :( 

• Like 1

Not really a collector of rare records (yet) but I do have frank ocean's endless which is sold out and in demand atm.

Do need to get the CD Red hand & Grenade one day.. I'll find a way

Edited by MrMojo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MrMojo said:

Not really a collector of rare records (yet) but I do have frank ocean's endless which is sold out and in demand atm.

Do need to get the CD Red hand & Grenade one day.. I'll find a way

Is the grenade CD actually in existence? I thought it was just leaked artwork?