What is the rarest/most collectable album you own?

Gordon Comstock

19 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Wish I bought that red hand. Oh well...

Same here :facepalm:

12 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

@troccoli has a copy of the Grenade cover too: http://www.troccolitm.com/CDChiDemGrenSign.JPG

Wonder if he knows how many are actually 'out there'?

Might be wrong but I'm pretty sure no more than 10, remember seeing an old forum from 2013 saying that there was 8 or so.

Would the label or camp have any more of these in the vault do you think?

Troccoli apart from Axl & the label has THE Vault

HAIL TROCCOLI

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MrMojo said:

Same here :facepalm:

Might be wrong but I'm pretty sure no more than 10, remember seeing an old forum from 2013 saying that there was 8 or so.

Would the label or camp have any more of these in the vault do you think?

Troccoli apart from Axl & the label has THE Vault

HAIL TROCCOLI

I remember reading that the Grenade copies were different, like a 'test' or 'prototype quality', and were only given to the band and management (not mass-pressed like the Red Hand).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I remember reading that the Grenade copies were different, like a 'test' or 'prototype quality', and were only given to the band and management (not mass-pressed like the Red Hand).

I will find a way even if it takes me some time.. and money :facepalm: Wonder if there's any unreleased artwork from that time period

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

No idea about artwork... if anything there might be some pages for the remix album, crediting Brain and Costanzo and whoever.

Hypothetically you see the CD Red hand cover for the cheapest you've ever seen it which is still ridiculous money, what do you do?

1 minute ago, MrMojo said:

Hypothetically you see the CD Red hand cover for the cheapest you've ever seen it which is still ridiculous money, what do you do?

Well I don't really need two copies, I paid about $150 US for mine but if I saw another one for say, $50, I'd grab it. I think the days of expecting $500 for a Red Hand copy are long gone, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them for $200-300 either.

• GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Well I don't really need two copies, I paid about $150 US for mine but if I saw another one for say, $50, I'd grab it. I think the days of expecting $500 for a Red Hand copy are long gone, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them for $200-300 either.

Seen it for around 200 US, 150 maybe, but to anyone who paid 500 they must have lost their mind on the highway on 65.

• Like 1

My rarest and most collectible album is probably my white label promo of KISS' first album. It was sent out as a promo a few months before the actual release of the album in early '74.

some other rare ones are live like a suicide, live era, subhuman race, kills at third man records (attendee version), a couple jack white tri-color singles, etc...

Edited by Stiff Competition
  • Like 1

Hmm, I’ve got a few that fall into that ultra rare category:

- Dead Kennedy’s - Fresh afruit For Rotting Vegetables 1st press (Orange/white cover)

- Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A/Alive At The Marquee 2 LP

- Guns N‘ Roses - Live Era 4 LP (sealed)

- Iron Maiden - Virtual XI 1st press 2 LP, black vinyl

- The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Last Dead Mouse 7” primo picture disc

• Like 2

I have some old punk stuff, Anti Nowhere league, the damned, Clash, Peter and the Test tube babies and the Oi! compilation albums plus a few hundred more. The last vinyl i bought was AFD and the Cult-Electric which we got when they were released. They are all in the loft and haven't been played since...early 90s i guess.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2018 at 3:37 PM, RussTCB said:

:lol: my music listening area has it's own fb page:
https://www.facebook.com/33MusicAppreciationCenter/

I don't think there's any location info though :lol: I have had somewhere around 20 or 30 forum members and at least one former GN'R member over to spin records through the years though :)

You can hear BBF talking about my music set up around the 25:24 mark on this podcast:
http://wrif.com/episodes/radio-chatter-ron-bumblefoot-thal/

I'll tell you the same thing I've told @Tom-Ass and @troccoli recently; if you're ever near Detroit, you're more than welcome to stop by!

13 hours ago, It’s So Easy said:

Which one? I’m jealous.

See the my post above :)

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I have some old punk stuff, Anti Nowhere league, the damned, Clash, Peter and the Test tube babies and the Oi! compilation albums plus a few hundred more. The last vinyl i bought was AFD and the Cult-Electric which we got when they were released. They are all in the loft and haven't been played since...early 90s i guess.

What Clash you got?

5 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Clash/London calling/Give em enough rope. Didn't like the 80's Clash so much

Sandinista was a big sprawling sort of thing weren’t it?  I adore it myself but its very hard to get to grips with, triple album, all them genres.  You should give it a re-listen though.  Combat Rock I guess is...yeah, its a funny one.  The Clash to me are like the air I breathe, each album is fantastic but I can see why someone might find the last two albums troublesome.

BTW did you hear about the Joe Strummer boxset coming out in September?

• 5 weeks later...