AFD 2 LP (Unboxing Video Added)

5 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Excited to get mine! And for $36 with shipping it’s a good deal. 

Does it help the quality by having only 4 songs on each of the 3 sides? 

It's supposed to, yeah. The grooves are spread out so inherently, there's supposed to be move detail in the grooves.

1 minute ago, EvH said:

They had the opportunity to spread the album on 4 sides, but no, they HAD to give us this stupid gimmicky fourth side.

Maybe for the 40th ? :axl:

I'd prefer 4 songs per side to 3 songs per side, but if they'd wanted to have 2 full discs of music it would've been cool to add SOYL and maybe KOHD and WLR from the Marquee on side 4.

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

I'd prefer 4 songs per side to 3 songs per side, but if they'd wanted to have 2 full discs of music it would've been cool to add SOYL and maybe KOHD and WLR from the Marquee on side 4.

I get the idea that 4 sides of music might be overkill, but ether go for sound quality as much as you can or don't bother.

Or as you say, add bonus tracks on the last side (even if I don't like the idea of the original tracklisting being unavailable).

• Like 2

Started my spin, so I'll just post thoughts on each one:

Jungle-

The guitars are WAY more pronounced and up front in the mix. I can hear Izzy separated a lot more. I can also hear more of what Duff is doing instead of him just blending in with the background. 

Like it a lot. 

It's So Easy-

Again, a LOT more bass but it's clearly defined so it doesn't muddy things up to my ears. 

Seems like the guitars are better separated later in the track. 

As the track goes on it starts to sound more like a different mix altogether. 

Nightrain-

God damn, are the guitars almost too loud on this one? Duff doesn't stand out like the first two tracks and there's parts where Steven is almost buried. 

Really, really like what I'm hearing with the guitars but they just seem a little too loud at the expense of Duff & Steven. 

Out Ta Get Me-

Well damn, this one is perfect. Everything I said that was good about the first couple of tracks expect Steven & Duff are present and accounted for. 

I've never liked this song much (I know, I know) but I absolutely loved hearing it just now which is the first time I think I've ever said that. 

Brownstone-

Almost the same review as OTGM except Duff is less pronounced here. I really can't get over how in your face the guitars are but how separated they are. 

So far, this would be my go to track of someone wanted to hear the difference. 

PC-

Starts out pretty much the same as what I'm used to but then takes off in a different direction once the synths kick in. 

Outro a way different to my ears. Steven is about the same as always in the mix but again, Duff, Izzy & Slash are far more up front. 

Somehow they managed to keep everything clear & clean even though many of things are louder than previously. 

The whole outro is a thing of beauty. 

My Michelle-

This one is the first time I think they might have gone too far in raising the guitars. Earlier in the track they're louder but still clear. However, as it goes on the guitars just become a wall of mess. Like the original mix but just louder. 

Steven's swung REALLY stands out on the first half of the track though. We've always known that but he really gets to shine here. 

Think About You-

Damn near perfect. I'm not even a fan of this song but this remaster let's everyone shine. It's almost like this is Izzys turn to shine on the remaster. 

What everyone is doing is better separated, but Izzy is the star of the track. Really like how clear but not overbearing the acoustic guitar is too. 

I have to take care of some stuff around the house for now, but I'll get to spin the 3rd side later tonight and I'll post some thoughts then. 

• Thanks 1

My LP arrived today, just finished the first side... WTTJ sounds cleaner and the guitars are a bit louder and more separated, wouldn't say it's better than the original master version. It's So Easy sounds... worse in the first half, and better in the second half. Kinda weird. Nightrain sounds cleaner, guitars sound more separated and louder. OTGM really has the 'loud/remastered' sound to it, it does sound a bit clearer but I definitely prefer the original master to this one.

Took a look at the hologram, lmao what is the point of that? It makes me feel like I'm looking at something while I'm drunk, having to squint and tilt the record and all :lol:

Also, now I'm really glad I already downloaded the CD's... anyone else have this issue?

image.png.208519889282fbd33903664367629604.png

The download card specifically says 'valid in the US & Canada'. I live in Canada. <_<

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1