Why is Marquee 1987 not included in the AFD box set?

Since the show was recorded and we have soundboard of it i wonder why it is not included in the Super Deluxe Edition and not even in the Locked N' Loaded box. Imo that would have been a great selling point since the show was awesome and a remastered verison would have been more than welcomed by anyone. What makes me whonder even more is the inclussion of ISE, KOHD and WLR in the 2nd disc of the Super Deluxe Edition, i know that they were a part of Live like a Suicide but still, having a CD with the entire show remastered i don't think would have been that big of a problem. 

Also to add, KOHD would have been nice to be cut before Axl makes that statement "I gotta picture this......they call us sweet ACDC", that part made more sense in the begging of WLR

Because i am blind i didnt notice the sub-section for AFD, can a mod or admin please move my thread, and I am sorry 

Edited by MJRemastered

2 minutes ago, EvH said:

Maybe they don't have the multitracks anymore and don't want to officially release SBDs (even if this one sounds great).

That would be pretty unfortunate but it makes sense though.

6 minutes ago, yumbeen said:

I don't know I make myself the same question:

marquee 87

Japan tour 88 (budokan mainly)

Ritz 87/88

maybe they're gonna release "live from the vault" series...like Stones did

If Axl would open his vault more and release a box set with only live shows it would be nice something unheard and unseen

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MJRemastered said:

Since the show was recorded and we have soundboard of it i wonder why it is not included in the Super Deluxe Edition and not even in the Locked N' Loaded box. Imo that would have been a great selling point since the show was awesome and a remastered verison would have been more than welcomed by anyone. What makes me whonder even more is the inclussion of ISE, KOHD and WLR in the 2nd disc of the Super Deluxe Edition, i know that they were a part of Live like a Suicide but still, having a CD with the entire show remastered i don't think would have been that big of a problem. 

Also to add, KOHD would have been nice to be cut before Axl makes that statement "I gotta picture this......they call us sweet ACDC", that part made more sense in the begging of WLR

Because i am blind i didnt notice the sub-section for AFD, can a mod or admin please move my thread, and I am sorry 

"Sweet AC/DC". I think he says "the new AC/DC"

14 hours ago, MJRemastered said:

What makes me whonder even more is the inclussion of ISE, KOHD and WLR in the 2nd disc of the Super Deluxe Edition, i know that they were a part of Live like a Suicide but still

None of those songs are on Live Like A Suicide.

Those songs were all b-sides to singles.  Disc 2 is b-sides and eps.  That is why those songs are on there.

3 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

None of those songs are on Live Like A Suicide.

Those songs were all b-sides to singles.  Disc 2 is b-sides and eps.  That is why those songs are on there.

On the very legal version of GN'R's discography those songs were included in live like a suicide. My mistake for not double checking...sorry for that.

52 minutes ago, MJRemastered said:

I listened back to it, even slowed down and im pretty sure he says sweet 

I agree it sounds more like it, but it wouldn't really make sense as a sentence, were that to be the case. 

"... Call us sweet ACDC, I ain't no Bon Scott, but that's a Whole Lotta Rosie to me!"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Waemoth said:

I agree it sounds more like it, but it wouldn't really make sense as a sentence, were that to be the case. 

"... Call us sweet ACDC, I ain't no Bon Scott, but that's a Whole Lotta Rosie to me!"

It's ""They called us weak ACDC, I ain't no Bon Scott, but that's a Whole Lotta Rosie to me!"

He is saying to that he things stating that they are ACDC copycats is stupid, by saying "I ain't no Bon Scott..." Axl basically says: I'm not on his level but I ain't trying to be that either...

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2018 at 9:06 AM, EvH said:

Maybe they don't have the multitracks anymore and don't want to officially release SBDs (even if this one sounds great).

They had the miltitracks when the did live era, out ta get me even had axls intro cut out. I don't know how they would have lost it in 20 years.

• Like 2

not really u still can hear Axl rant in the background they slowed down it mixed drums or samples over and it and god knows what them record more all live era got the same drum sound wich means they add new drums or samples over the originals to make it sound like the same concert.

Edited by imsorry

2 hours ago, imsorry said:

not really u still can hear Axl rant in the background they slowed down it mixed drums or samples over and it and god knows what them record more all live era got the same drum sound wich means they add new drums or samples over the originals to make it sound like the same concert.

The reason Axl can still barely be heard is because of mic bleed from the PA, even if samples were added the guitars & such are definitely mixed different than the soundboard bootleg & the b-sides tracks. I'm pretty damn sure they still have the miltitracks they just didn't want to put it on the box set for whatever reason.

Edited by The Matinator

23 hours ago, The Matinator said:

they just didn't want to put it on the box set for whatever reason.

I wonder why it is not included in the Super Deluxe Edition and not even in the Locked N' Loaded box.

Probably because the CD is called B-sides & EP's. Which only includes actual B-sides and Ep songs and not entire shows.

Edited by 31illusions

• 2 weeks later...
On 2.7.2018 at 1:35 PM, youngswedishvinyl said:

It's ""They called us weak ACDC, I ain't no Bon Scott, but that's a Whole Lotta Rosie to me!"

He is saying to that he things stating that they are ACDC copycats is stupid, by saying "I ain't no Bon Scott..." Axl basically says: I'm not on his level but I ain't trying to be that either...

Yep. Steve Sutherland, probably writing for NME, Reviewed the June 19 gig and referred to the sound of GN'R as "weak AC/DC". That is what Axl is referring to. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For me Marquee is the best live record. Axls voice is unbelievable. The closest thing to his AfD voice.. there was a gig before Marquee and they played ALL AfD Songs. That gig sound exaclty like AfD... but there is no audio. so Marquee is the closest and i want it!

20 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

For me Marquee is the best live record. Axls voice is unbelievable. The closest thing to his AfD voice.. there was a gig before Marquee and they played ALL AfD Songs. That gig sound exaclty like AfD... but there is no audio. so Marquee is the closest and i want it!

just becuase you have no audio doesn't mean there is no audio