Favorite post 93 version of Axl

Your favorite post 93 Axl  

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2006 for sure. He was in great shape and looked and sounded badass. Also was the first incarnation of the band I've seen live after getting really into them that year so that version always holds close to me. Plus thinking Chinese Democracy was actually coming out that year. To be 16 and naïve again. 

• Like 4

I quite like 2000 and 2001. For starters, he still looked like Axl Rose then. Presumably he had a bit of work done after 2001, because he's spent most of the years since looking completely different. 2016-now is probably the most Axl-like he's looked for a long time.

Axl2002.jpg

But you can't look at the above photo and tell me he didn't have any work done.

Also, I'd like to say that Axl's clean voice in 2001/2002 is so much better-sounding compared to how weak it sounds nowadays. Edit: My favourite Axl voice of the last 20 years has to be his voice in 2010. Nothing comes close.

Edited by MildlyArtistic
Additional info
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I quite like 2000 and 2001. For starters, he still looked like Axl Rose then. Presumably he had a bit of work done after 2001, because he's spent most of the years since looking completely different. 2016-now is probably the most Axl-like he's looked for a long time.

Axl2002.jpg

But you can't look at the above photo and tell me he didn't have any work done.

Also, I'd like to say that Axl's clean voice in 2001/2002 is so much better-sounding compared to how weak it sounds nowadays. Edit: My favourite Axl voice of the last 20 years has to be his voice in 2010. Nothing comes close.

34c397d4429e55334f3d8e5e37c7b782.jpg

I don’t know if he had work done. But I think it’s just a weird picture like this one is. But who knows I won’t say he didn’t but I also won’t say he did. It’s none of my buisness

Edited by Grayfox

The only thing that obvious without any doubt is his teeth. But honestly it was an upgrade compared to the rotted ones he had. That being said 2002-2007 was my favorite look for him. Along with his fighting clothes at LAX 2009. The straightener hair, scruff beard before the handle bar mustache was a cool look. 

• Like 1

If I could combine 2006 and 2016 you'd have a monster! 

For me 2006 was Axl at the peak, and I'd confidently put the Axl from 2006 up against any other year for his voice.

As far as professionalism etc. 2016-current

• Like 1

20020824photo025.jpg
Some say it's his worst year, but i think it sounds pretty good, after all. His idea, on the early 00's, was to leave his "drive" voice, and actually sounds somewhat like Michael Sweet, from Stryper. 
But sometimes, his old voice was back. 
I've never seen a version of SOD/The Blues SO emotional as this one. His was FEELING every beat, and the rasp...omg.

His best year in therms of vocals (besides live era studio vocals, wich i think it's from 97/98) Geez, his was ROARING in every song. 
2hygimh.jpg

It depends of what you're talking about. For me, I can't pick one Axl in general. There are clear differences in each of the different eras.

The "creative" Axl was obviously the 2001-2002 one. He had a vision, he wanted to move forward with his version of GN'R and show the world a modern band that didn't need Slash.

The most "dangerous" aka UYI Axl was obviously the 2006 one. Not only because of his look, but because of his antics when touring, his voice, and his stage presence.

The greatest sounding Axl for me will always be the 2010 one. An improved version of the 2006 Axl. Less clean voice, more power, and more rasp control. But, on the other side, his stage presence (running, etc) was beginning to decrease.

The best looking Axl will be the 2001 one. It was like a grown version of the Axl we all know. But IMO his 2016 basic look (specially the 2016 NA look with shirts and trainers) comes close.

And without any doubt the most professional Axl is the 2016-2017 one. He probably has assisted to more soundchecks in this past two years that he has ever done in the 2001-2014 timeframe. They started on time in every single show (minus some days because of traffic). He probably wanted all to go perfect (we even see him checking the stage videos in that Artisan News video from '16). The thing he did with AC/DC was out of this world. The preparation, the PR he did with the band, and how he proved the world wrong with effort and work. We even saw a picture of Axl doing excercise before the reunion gigs, showing how much this cared for him. Doing interviews (Chinese Exchange, Brazilian TV, a few videos for AC/DC). I think that his proffesionalism in 2016 has made A LOT of people change his mind about him.

That's why I can't choose one Axl :)

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 3