GNR Song lyrics you thought you knew but don't

This popped into my head over the weekend as I was listening to the UYI albums in full(In full means all the way through) for the first time in ages and songs I assumed I knew the lyrics to but going on what I was hearing from the CD I clearly didn't know them or had forgotten them. I'm talking about songs like Breakdown and Locomotive where I can always hum the song but clearly the lyrics were misheard.  

So what GNR songs did you think you knew but on further inspection it seems you didn't. I'm not talking about songs where you know the lyrics but mess up the timing. 

Edited by IrishgunnerII

4 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Oh my god, is a good example of this- every website has the wrong lyrics for the first verse. 

Oh My god ? Are there official lyrics out there for it ? I'll be honest I wouldn't know them off by heart. 

Edited by IrishgunnerII

4 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Oh my god, is a good example of this- every website has the wrong lyrics for the first verse. 

It's because those incorrect lyrics are taken straight from the End Of Days closed captions.

36 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

Bad Apples and Shotgun Blues. 

yeah If I was put on the spot I might not cover myself in glory with those songs. I'm solid on AFD, Lies, SI, CD but certain songs on UYI seem to catch me out.

Edited by IrishgunnerII

Yes there are handwritten lyrics to Oh My God by Axl. I did a google search. It's a yellow piece of paper with Las Vegas printed at the bottom.

Always (and still do) thought on PC Axl was singing "I must be losing my (falling heart), are you blind? Like it was just a mistake, but others say they always heard the correct lyrics. Must just be me. :shrugs:

Edited by 31illusions

8 minutes ago, IrishgunnerII said:

yeah If I was put on the spot I might not cover myself in glory with those songs. I'm solid on AFD, Lies, SI, CD but certain songs on UYI seem to catch me out.

I was listenin' to shotgun blues, thinkin' about dedicatin' it to MSL n' his gang after all these leaks, and I realized that i only remembered the "YOU, YOU CAN SUCK MY ASS" part. lol 

1 hour ago, prez said:

It's because those incorrect lyrics are taken straight from the End Of Days closed captions.

The sheet music/guitar tabs for Oh My God also had the incorrect lyrics

I'm guessing Axl wasn't being cooperative with providing them, so the label just took a guess 

kkdt40S.jpg

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Yes there are handwritten lyrics to Oh My God by Axl. I did a google search. It's a yellow piece of paper with Las Vegas printed at the bottom.

Always (and still do) thought on PC Axl was singing "I must be losing my (falling heart), are you blind? Like it was just a mistake, but others say they always heard the correct lyrics. Must just be me. :shrugs:

How does "mind" sound like "falling heart?"

38 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

The sheet music/guitar tabs for Oh My God also had the incorrect lyrics

I'm guessing Axl wasn't being cooperative with providing them, so the label just took a guess 

kkdt40S.jpg

Like those lyrics a lot.

2 hours ago, 31illusions said:

listened to it again. I hear the same thing. It in no way sounds like mind. Similar to... "excuse my while I kiss this guy" By Hendrix. I hear what I hear.

Are we talking about the end of the "captain America" verse? If so, the human mind is a strange thing. The line has always clearly sounded like "I must be losing my mind, are you blind" without question from the first time I heard the song.

• Like 1