AFD Locked N' Loaded hidden cassette

So, there was a hidden cassette in the Locked N' Loaded ($1k) edition, containing the following:

1. Welcome to the Jungle
2. Anything Goes
3. Don't Cry
4. Back Off Bitch (labelled "Back Off")
5. Think About You

Apparently tracks 1-4 are from the 1985 Mystic Studios session, but Think About You is supposedly a demo and, given the Sound City session of the track is already on the Super Deluxe/Locked N' Loaded, does anyone know specifically which session this one came from?

Interesting. I heard it was labelled "1985 Mystic (can't remember exactly) N' More", with the Troccoli tape only having the first four tracks, I assumed it came from elsewhere, since that tape only had the four songs listed on the HTGTH recording sessions page...

5 minutes ago, millhouse83 said:

Interesting. I heard it was labelled "1985 Mystic (can't remember exactly) N' More", with the Troccoli tape only having the first four tracks, I assumed it came from elsewhere, since that tape only had the four songs listed on the HTGTH recording sessions page...

don't take HTGTH info as a 100% reliable source, it's full of mistakes. and yes, there's that "N' More", which leaves a tiny bit of uncertainty there... indeed I can't find a 100% proof now, I'll look into it.

edit: the @troccoli tape included 5 tracks. confirmation, please?

Edited by zombux

1 minute ago, zombux said:

don't take HTGTH info as a 100% reliable source, it's full of mistakes. and yes, there's that "N' More", which leaves a tiny bit of uncertainty there... indeed I can't find a 100% proof now, I'll look into it.

Oh, I wasn't. I just figure it's an anomaly. If you find anything out further to clarify, I'm all ears!

3 minutes ago, username said:

I'm not buying that huge box, but if someone were to digitalize that cassette I'd love to hear it. 

The tracks aren't on the USB stick either? 

no, as far as I know, the USB stick only includes the "regular" 4 discs - that means not the cassette content, not the Blu-ray content.

the musical content of the USB stick is the same as the "web" version available at HDTracks http://www.hdtracks.com/appetite-for-destruction-super-deluxe-638950 (you can get two quality at HDTracks - 24/192 and 24/96 - both these are on the USB), plus the USB also has regular 16/44 files.

Just now, Lio said:

The Troccoli tape included the 5 tracks on the hidden cassette. I think it's the same one.

yes, I have the Troccoli tape rip which includes TAY. I was just trying to investigate other people's opinions :)

27 minutes ago, millhouse83 said:

just checked the quote of the tape's transfer editor - not sure if I can give him credit here or not - he named the "official tape" transfer "Locked N' Loaded 1985 Mystic Studio Session N' More", because he got the impression that TAY is from a different session - no wonder. so this "N' More" comes from there.

4 minutes ago, millhouse83 said:

So, confirmed that it's Mystic Studios from top to bottom? Excellent!

I still struggle to find firm evidence of Think About You belonging to the bunch. I'd appreciate if someone pointed me out in the right direction ;) 

11 minutes ago, zombux said:

I still struggle to find firm evidence of Think About You belonging to the bunch. I'd appreciate if someone pointed me out in the right direction ;) 

The evidence is the fact that the engineering is exactly the same. It's very obvious just listening to it that it was recording during the same sessions as the other four tracks.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/07/2018 at 3:11 PM, millhouse83 said:

So, there was a hidden cassette in the Locked N' Loaded ($1k) edition, containing the following:

1. Welcome to the Jungle
2. Anything Goes
3. Don't Cry
4. Back Off Bitch (labelled "Back Off")
5. Think About You

Apparently tracks 1-4 are from the 1985 Mystic Studios session, but Think About You is supposedly a demo and, given the Sound City session of the track is already on the Super Deluxe/Locked N' Loaded, does anyone know specifically which session this one came from?

Is the Don't Cry version the same as on the Don't Cry single?