How do you think the 2004 concert would have been?

15 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Makes you wonder during those days what his day to day existence was.

probably worked incognito in a car wash or something. you know, to get him out and pass the time. 

3 hours ago, TiedHands said:

Yeah, was that the year they were also supposed to play a big show in Africa? This is the year when Tommy supposedly broke his hand, right?

That was 2007.

Edited by GNR 1991

1 hour ago, F*ck Fear said:

Same lineup as 2002.

Sounds like he did in 2006, and dresses the same from that time period with the braids down?

There is obviously no way in knowing, but that would been fucking awesome!

IIRC he had Versace design his stage wardrobe in 2006

So if he did a 2004 show it would probably still be in an oversized shirt

Edited by TheSeeker

20 hours ago, NeonKinight said:

BTW, this only known picture of him in 04, am i right?
1011460_604457232921238_504315101_n.jpg?

I think there may have been a picture of him leaving a studio in his Ferrari around that time as well. 

Here it is. For some reason, I thought he was leaving the studio, but it looks like he was just hanging out around the outside of the studio. Looking at Axl in this picture, as compared to the one above, this could have been 2002. However, I have always seen it labelled as 2003 or 2004. 2001/2002 seemed to be the beginning of him freezing like a deer in the headlights every time someone took a photo. 

cd-engineer.jpg

Edited by themadcaplaughs

2 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I think there may have been a picture of him leaving a studio in his Ferrari around that time as well. 

Here it is. For some reason, I thought he was leaving the studio, but it looks like he was just hanging out around the outside of the studio. Looking at Axl in this picture, as compared to the one above, this could have been 2002. However, I have always seen it labelled as 2003 or 2004. 

cd-engineer.jpg

Axl's crew at Village Studios circa 2003-2004. Eric Cadieux, Dan Monti, Axl Rose, Caram Costanzo (src: gnrevo)

37 minutes ago, zombux said:

Axl's crew at Village Studios circa 2003-2004. Eric Cadieux, Dan Monti, Axl Rose, Caram Costanzo (src: gnrevo)

I would also add Marco Beltrami and Paul Buckmaster 

Edited by Sosso

1 minute ago, zombux said:

yeah, but those are not on the photo :D

That's true, but they were working for the band during that time. 

I always thought that the guy to the left of Axl is Fernando. 

Axl's "wilderness" years are one of the big curiosities of this band; I hope he follows Slash & Duff's examples and writes an autobiography someday, it would be amazing to hear in his own words his mindset in all those years between the mid-90's to present day.

A 2004 show would have definitely seen tracks like TWAT, Prostitute, Shackler's, Sorry.  Maybe some more unreleased stuff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Was this show the debut of the 2002 braids? 

yes, it was :) but I have doubts about this being really from HK. there's no other photo from that show with Axl in white dress. it might be from other Japan/EU shows from summer 2002.

Edited by zombux
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, zombux said:

wall06.jpg

this photo is supposed to be from Hong Kong 2002 (first show with Richard Fortus, no bootlegs available).

I think this is the only official or semi-official band photo from the Buckethead era.

I really miss this line-up. 

#BringbackBucketandRobin

2 minutes ago, zombux said:

#AndTommyAndBrainAndOhWellIDontGiveADamnAboutPitmanCuzMelissaIsAbleEnoughAndMuchMoreCute ;)

I would keep Mel as the backing vocalist, but Chris should be the one on the synths. 

7 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I would keep Mel as the backing vocalist, but Chris should be the one on the synths. 

I'd lock him into a basement studio with all of the machines and infinite supply of energy drinks :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zombux said:

I'd lock him into a basement studio with all of the machines and infinite supply of energy drinks :)

Seriously, that would be like heaven for me. 

Edited by Sosso

I must say I kinda think it's a bit lame when people on this board get too invested in how Axl, or any of the other guys (or gal) in the band look at any particular time...

But I must say, his look from around 1999 thru like early 2006 was pretty heinous. The super baggy pants and the oversized shirts combined with the cornrows looked like somebody's lame dad going through a very, very weird hip-hop phase.

Now I'm not saying he shoulda dressed the way he was in 1987, nor should he have been the guy in catcher's gear and bicycle shorts at that point. But I think his style in his performance with Springsteen in 1994 was decent and I think his style now is pretty good for a fifty-something year old dude. I also liked his 2006 look, though obviously a regular guy on the street would have looked ridiculous in that look. But then again, the average guy on the street couldn't dress in 1987 like Axl either and look reasonable.