Front row and moving around during the concert

11 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

my favourite  sport Indeed.

Once a year I love doing this. It's so much fun! :)

Haha you’re crazy, I really enjoyed the MSG show I went to last year. Showed up 30 min before guns came on, got a beer, sat back and relaxed, stood up for the high energy songs, sat back and enjoyed the slower tunes! It was a blast. I had this little tv in front of me if I wanted to watch the show recording, my legs weren’t hurting, I went to the restroom when I wanted to and Axl sang better and better the more I drank! Phenomenal 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, soon said:

Based on the UK periscopes, apparently one just pees in a bottle and throws it at strangers. It seemed like both parties were pretty happy. :lol:

both parties where not happy at the chilean spitting contest :) 

5 hours ago, donny said:

both parties where not happy at the chilean spitting contest :) 

Haha, thats true. Oh, good ol' Axl.

Gobbing as its sometimes called - makes my skin crawl to think about. So thats some other good tips for someone going front row, right there in the bottom of the thumbnail

Only Early Entry guarantees a spot at the rail, in my experience. When you're EE, you're not allowed to run, there's usually security preventing anyone from running. In Gelsenkirchen, not many people were EE and the stage was huge, so quite a lot of regular ticket holders managed to get a spot at the rail, but it depends. Nijmegen was a lot tougher.

Nijmegen was odd, there was no line for GC, because the fence only opened after 3, I think. People were just sitting around near the fence. So it would've been useless showing up in the morning.

All the shows I've been to, you could only take in a bag smaller than A4, so not sure how you'd get a sign in, maybe a small one. If you're lucky, Axl or whoever might see it before Gio grabs it from you.

I've only left the rail before the first support act came on, to grab a drink or food. The crowd is only a few rows at that point and people will usually let you through again, but they don't like it :P I wouldn't leave the rail after that. And you should always have someone saving your spot.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Lio said:

Only Early Entry guarantees a spot at the rail, in my experience. When you're EE, you're not allowed to run, there's usually security preventing anyone from running. In Gelsenkirchen, not many people were EE and the stage was huge, so quite a lot of regular ticket holders managed to get a spot at the rail, but it depends. Nijmegen was a lot tougher.

Nijmegen was odd, there was no line for GC, because the fence only opened after 3, I think. People were just sitting around near the fence. So it would've been useless showing up in the morning.

All the shows I've been to, you could only take in a bag smaller than A4, so not sure how you'd get a sign in, maybe a small one. If you're lucky, Axl or whoever might see it before Gio grabs it from you.

I've only left the rail before the first support act came on, to grab a drink or food. The crowd is only a few rows at that point and people will usually let you through again, but they don't like it :P I wouldn't leave the rail after that. And you should always have someone saving your spot.

Out of reactions but thanks to all for really great info :)

A stupid question perhaps but who's Gio? Security? :lol:

Just now, carola said:

Out of reactions but thanks to all for really great info :)

A stupid question perhaps but who's Gio? Security? :lol:

No worries :) Ha, yes. Short, big guy with a long beard. Boss of security. If you're front row, you'll see him no doubt.

6 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Haha you’re crazy, I really enjoyed the MSG show I went to last year. Showed up 30 min before guns came on, got a beer, sat back and relaxed, stood up for the high energy songs, sat back and enjoyed the slower tunes! It was a blast. I had this little tv in front of me if I wanted to watch the show recording, my legs weren’t hurting, I went to the restroom when I wanted to and Axl sang better and better the more I drank! Phenomenal 

That is basically what I do.  

Once I brought a newspaper in to read before in started haha. Well Rose was often late in those days!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In Brasil last year, I attended Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, and Guns. 3 separate days. Tents already there. Lol. I lined up 4/5am, and I was number 80-110(they have a system to write what number you are so you can leave and come back).

Once inside the gates, like some say, doesnt matter cuz its a foot race. I was alone and I am pretty fast. Always ended up front and center. Lol.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

That’s me. :lol:

Kudos to all you brave souls experiencing this or any other show in front row. 

Sounds like a nightmare to get there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

I usually spend my time chatting with people queing. You can meet a lot of interesting people :)

Yap! GNR fans are amongst the most diverse I’ve ever met. Most other bands shows I go to they seem to have a “typical” fan. Gnr fans are all over the spectrum. Likely a testament to the amount of people their music has touched in their 30 year history. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I feel stressed out just reading this thread.

It is stressing! But once you get your spot at the rail, the feeling is the best. First huge relief, then excitement.

Really don´t understand why people would go through all the drama, I assume not only your feet hurt but also your neck from standing there and staring up, propably only seeing a small portion of the stage anyways; all so Axl can wave at you?

I usually buy FOS 1 tickets and then stand in the center near the back rail. Much better sound, much better view, no stress if you want to get a beer or need to go to the toilet... In Mannheim they even had a bar inside FOS1. One of my friends stayed there the entire time, said it was the best time he ever had at a concert ;) 

Buy merch before the show, after the good stuff is usually sold out.

• Like 1