How bad did the CD tour do?

depends on what do you consider "CD tour". officially "Chinese Democracy Tour" started at HOB 2001-01-01 and ended 2011-12-31. 

it was followed by Up Close and Personal Tour (2012-02-10 - 2012-07-22) and Appetite For Democracy Tour (2012-10-31 - 2014-06-07).

cpt. out :)

• Like 1

When I saw them at Philips Arena in Atlanta in 2011, the show undersold so badly that anyone who upper-level seats got rerouted to sit on the ground level seats. Officially, the staff were supposed to say there was water damage or something, but one of the bartenders let it slip that the show sold poorly. In all fairness to the band, I believe the 2011 arena tour occurred solely to settle the Azoff lawsuit, so it wasn't like the band swung for the fences and missed. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

When I saw them at Philips Arena in Atlanta in 2011, the show undersold so badly that anyone who upper-level seats got rerouted to sit on the ground level seats. Officially, the staff were supposed to say there was water damage or something, but one of the bartenders let it slip that the show sold poorly. In all fairness to the band, I believe the 2011 arena tour occurred solely to settle the Azoff lawsuit, so it wasn't like the band swung for the fences and missed. 

The 2011 groupon tour. 1st tour in 5 years  nobody cared anymore .

• Like 1

Every show I attended seemed pretty close to full. Granted, I live in NYC so that isn't a good gauge. Major markets are always gonna fare pretty well for concerts. I think they struggled with the smaller markets. 

Prague 2006 was quite packed, great show!

Prague 2010 was also quite full, but they mostly fucked it up. after Danko Jones finished the set, nothing was happening for an hour, so people were starting to leave and demanding refund. then the announcer said that the show should begin within the next hour. when the set started, many people already left and I don't think they were interested in seeing GNR ever again.

1 hour ago, felixGNR said:

The 2011 groupon tour. 1st tour in 5 years  nobody cared anymore .

Yup I was at the 2011 Detroit show and the entire upper level and parts of the lower level were closed 

23 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

The 2002 show in Detroit was... sparse.

The 2006 show was much more crowded, same for 2009.

Had some good chuckles with the security guards about 2002 being a shit show and Baz being drunk off his ass in 2006.

P.S. Fuck the Palace. Then. Now. Forever. 

I loved The Palace!

23 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

The 2002 show in Detroit was... sparse.

The 2006 show was much more crowded, same for 2009.

Had some good chuckles with the security guards about 2002 being a shit show and Baz being drunk off his ass in 2006.

P.S. Fuck the Palace. Then. Now. Forever. 

I loved The Palace!

I saw them in Venezuela 2010 (seems like a century ago lol) in a small venue that was at 70% capacity at best, they were even selling tickets half price at the gates. The band began to play at 4 AM, it was crazy.

Totally opposite to Santiago 2017 :lol: , football stadium at maximun capacity. 

It was as successful as most bands, every band was struggling to fill arenas in America. they were no different. In Europe they sold out most places. Although when they returned in 2012 sales were down in some markets

8 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

Attendance gradually declined to the point where Axl had to do the reunion if he ever wanted to perform in a venue bigger than a theater again

Wonder if he regrets not releasing cd2 and 3 during this time.