Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection of available info (?)

9 hours ago, NeonKinight said:

Today, patience turns 31. Happy "Birthday"

Speaking of Patience, Duff had two "alt" versions of it :lol::

And there's another version that I have of [Patience]. I used to have an 8 track recorder. The 'Patience's that's on that is about a girl and it is really sweet and nice. I have another version that is more of a comedy thing, you know, it was when I lived in this apartment with three people and and were doing drugs and shit, we sit there, and it's kinda comedic, it's like you sit there, and you just need a little patience. Your roomate takes a shit and forgets to flush it. All you need is a little patience. [Interview with Steven and Duff, December 1988]

Del [James] was an avid reader, and turned me onto a book called Slugs by Shaun Hutson. I remember just sitting in my bedroom/dining room with my curtain pulled taught, and reading this book with life sort of swirling around me in our apartment. There were drugs aplenty then, and Valium was the drug-of-the-month at that particular point. I remembered Izzy's little ditty, which at that point had a working title of 'Patience,' and I wrote a lyrical verse then that went, '"I sit here doing drugs/Reading a book about slugs/All I need is a little patience." This horrible lyric never made it past my apartment front door, thank God. [Revern, Seattle Weekly, October 2010]

http://www.a-4-d.com/t88-patience#106

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Tell you what. By the time the next album is released, we better get an award for our patience.

I believe that something will be released when Axl is past 64. That's when his contract with mercuriadis will end.

More six or seven years.

All we need, is just a little patience.

BTW : Axl's gonna be listening to "When I'm Sixty-Four" By The Beatles. or so I hope 

table updated a bit. sorry to confuse some of you guys, the UYI Bill Pryce mixes are not circulating so I fixed that info. some DAT tapes are known to exist (or at least the inserts with written descriptions seem legit), but not released by the guys who either have them or had them ages ago. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/07/2018 at 1:32 PM, zombux said:

table updated a bit. sorry to confuse some of you guys, the UYI Bill Pryce mixes are not circulating so I fixed that info. some DAT tapes are known to exist (or at least the inserts with written descriptions seem legit), but not released by the guys who either have them or had them ages ago. 

The file has been deleted from the link. Any chance of a re-upload?

Thanks again!

24 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

I have a question : The vocals for TSI were recorded in late 92 or early 93?

the answer is not that simple. some of TSI was already recorded during UYI sessions, the others were recorded later, as the sheet suggests. there's probably no definitive way to tell when exactly the vocals were recorded, but generally it's as I said - a progressive work since Fall 1990 to Summer 1993. without exact liner notes for UYI and TSI it's next to impossible to tell, and I honestly think that even they can't tell anymore, because unlike the AFD recording, UYI/TSI recording was a huge huge mess, which continued in even more crazy way during the ChiDem era.

On 29/07/2018 at 12:24 PM, Blackstar said:

Speaking of Patience, Duff had two "alt" versions of it :lol::

And there's another version that I have of [Patience]. I used to have an 8 track recorder. The 'Patience's that's on that is about a girl and it is really sweet and nice. I have another version that is more of a comedy thing, you know, it was when I lived in this apartment with three people and and were doing drugs and shit, we sit there, and it's kinda comedic, it's like you sit there, and you just need a little patience. Your roomate takes a shit and forgets to flush it. All you need is a little patience. [Interview with Steven and Duff, December 1988]

Del [James] was an avid reader, and turned me onto a book called Slugs by Shaun Hutson. I remember just sitting in my bedroom/dining room with my curtain pulled taught, and reading this book with life sort of swirling around me in our apartment. There were drugs aplenty then, and Valium was the drug-of-the-month at that particular point. I remembered Izzy's little ditty, which at that point had a working title of 'Patience,' and I wrote a lyrical verse then that went, '"I sit here doing drugs/Reading a book about slugs/All I need is a little patience." This horrible lyric never made it past my apartment front door, thank God. [Revern, Seattle Weekly, October 2010]

http://www.a-4-d.com/t88-patience#106

Impossible reading through and not thinking of@sidman69 true story videos!

21 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The band recorded an acoustic version of 'Jumpin Jack Flash' in 1987, too, probably somewhere between June and August.

might that be during the Take One Sessions in July 1987, or different sessions we have no record of?

1 minute ago, zombux said:

might that be during the Take One Sessions in July 1987, or different sessions we have no record of?

I have no idea. But in an interview published in August 1987 [Endless Party Magazine], Axl says they recorded an acoustic version of Jumpin Jack Flash that very evening. I don't think too much time went between doing the interview and publishing the magazine, so I am pretty confident the recording took place after May, likely in July 1987.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...