Trump Using "Sweet Child O Mine" at Rally In Montana

BangoSkank

I am really not trying to start political fights, I am just very surprised. 

Out of sheer morbid curiosity I watched some of Trump's rally in Montana. 

Jump to 11:40 - Is this actually playing in the venue? I cannot imagine Axl & Co. agreed to it.

• Like 1

I'm sure Axl didn't approve, but he doesn't have to as long as they pay royalties. Many acts (Elton John, Aerosmith, Neil Young, R.E.M.) have complained about Trump using their music. They play "You Can't Always Get What You Want" at the end of Trump's speech and I'm sure the Stones didn't sign off on that.

1 minute ago, prez said:

I'm sure Axl didn't approve, but he doesn't have to as long as they pay royalties. Many acts (Elton John, Aerosmith, Neil Young, R.E.M.) have complained about Trump using their music. They play "You Can't Always Get What You Want" at the end of Trump's speech and I'm sure the Stones didn't sign off on that.

Interesting. I know Springsteen, Mellencamp, and a few others have asked that politicians not play their music at rallies and gotten it removed. I was expecting Axl to do the same. 

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I find it pointless that musicians care that their songs are played at political events. It affects absolutely nothing. 

People may think it's an endorsement. So it is affecting artists if they don't support Trump and his party

1 hour ago, mikeman5150 said:

It sounds to me that’s its just something CBSN added to the segment. Nothing to do with the actual rally. 

Its coming from the venue.

The sound is coming from a soundboard and the SB operator killed the mic and played SCOM. Thats why it sounds like it was added overtop.

Edited by -W.A.R-

5 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I find it pointless that musicians care that their songs are played at political events. It affects absolutely nothing. 

It affects their image. If you were a musician and your music was being played at a Nazi rally, and then people thought you were a Nazi, would you still feel like it affected nothing?