Trump Using "Sweet Child O Mine" at Rally In Montana

BangoSkank

3 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Its coming from the venue.

The sound is coming from a soundboard and the SB operator killed the mic and played SCOM. Thats why it sounds like it was added overtop.

I'm not so sure.  The way it fades out doesn't really make any sense.  It fades right before the CBS anchor starts talking.  Usually when audio comes from a venue and news coverage has a voiceover they play the venue audio at low level.  Also, none of the audience has any, even slight, reaction to the music.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Jesus, how can a guy with Axls money have such a poor hair transplant.

They don't usually work very well on long hair I'd imagine.  Fuck knows but i mean, whenever you see one of them old knackers with a hair transplant its always a bit thin or fine isn't it?  i don't imagine that translates well into growing em long although maybe rich fuckers get some special version, fuck knows.

Slash has referred to the SCOM riff as circus music. Makes perfect sense in that moment.

IIRC some bands have sued or threatened suit to have their songs removed. The politician is allowed to use songs, but an artist can sue for brand damages if they feel strongly enough. Doesnt mean they'd win though.

It is absolutely hysterical to me that Trump often plays out with You Cant Always Get What You Want! Its the opposite message he spends the entire rally putting forward! Plus its a downer.

The Stones asked him not to use it but he kept using it. Jagger seems quite bemused with the song choice too. And it gives the Stones the regular opportunity to shit on Trump.

Edited by soon

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

They don't usually work very well on long hair I'd imagine.  Fuck knows but i mean, whenever you see one of them old knackers with a hair transplant its always a bit thin or fine isn't it?  i don't imagine that translates well into growing em long although maybe rich fuckers get some special version, fuck knows.

Combine hair transplants with keeping the hair in braids for like 6 years and you get the frizzy mess we see today. Look at 2001 before the braids. That's how the transplant looked before the braids wrecked his very thin hair.

10 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

Combine hair transplants with keeping the hair in braids for like 6 years and you get the frizzy mess we see today. Look at 2001 before the braids. That's how the transplant looked before the braids wrecked his very thin hair.

I believe that was a wig on 2001. 

Why is Donny having a rally anyway? Does he know that he already won the election? 

I'm pretty sure that Axl/GNR would have no recourse for this.  I came across this quote from Bernie Taupin (writer of Elton John's song Rocket Man) in reference to it being used at Trump rallies:

"But what could I do? Sue him for cultural appropriation?" Taupin continued. "As a songwriter, you're powerless to stop something like that. However, if the use of 'Rocket Man' results in peace, I will be very happy to take full credit for it."  Ironic that supposedly Mike Pompeo gave Kim Jong Un a copy of Rocket Man today when he arrived to start nailing down the (hopeful) denuclearization of North Korea.

Edited by Gnrcane

9 hours ago, Chris 55 said:

It affects their image. If you were a musician and your music was being played at a Nazi rally, and then people thought you were a Nazi, would you still feel like it affected nothing? 

Oh for fuck's sake. No one with 1/10th of a brain is going to associate a band with a politician simply because their song got played over the PA before a speech. I've been to political rallies and they literally just play an assortment of music, all different genres and eras. There really is no more to it than that. 

15 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

I am really not trying to start political fights, I am just very surprised. 

Out of sheer morbid curiosity I watched some of Trump's rally in Montana. 

Jump to 11:40 - Is this actually playing in the venue? I cannot imagine Axl & Co. agreed to it.

I think like or don't like Trump they should be proud about the popularity of the song.

10 hours ago, Chris 55 said:

It affects their image. If you were a musician and your music was being played at a Nazi rally, and then people thought you were a Nazi, would you still feel like it affected nothing? 

This case is very extreme.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chris 55 said:

The average human being just doesn’t care. It’s internet indignation and that only last until the next indignation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1