Scott Weiland on It's So Easy vs. Axl Rose on Slither

Scott Weiland on It's So Easy vs. Axl Rose on Slither  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It's hard....

They both lack something when interpreting each other's songs..... Like Scott can't reach the high parts of ISE chorus and Axl ruins the Slither chorus with the Mickey :lol:

Either way, I voted Axl because he tried something different with the song, to make it his own even if that chorus arrangement does not favor him that much.

Scott sang it pretty much straight out of the album, so.... kinda boring. :shrugs:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Thanks 1

Scott on It's So Easy. He, in my opinion, sang it perfectly. His version of Patience was also really good.

I do like Axl's version of Slither, though. The chorus could be better, but then again, I kind of like it when he sings it higher. I don't know. Axl sounds ridiculously good with his low voice on the bridge before the last chorus.

• Like 2

Scott... obvious choice. Leaving aside the fact that we never thought Axl would sing a Velvet Revolver song, the performance itself is not that great. Some people may like the way he sings it, but I'd prefer if he sticked to singing it how Scott used to. On the other side, Scott's performance is much more close to GN'R than Axl's to VR. It's just a matter of taste though, but in my head Scott is way ahead.

• Like 2

Slither has gotten better and Axl sounds generally okay on it despite the Mickey on the chorus. I like what he’s going for but he either needs to rasp it or drop it and just sing it like the album.

Overall though, I vote for Scott. What he lacks in high vocals is made up for in sheer charisma. He knows he can’t sing high so he doesn’t even try. He does it like Scott and does it well.

• Like 1

That latest version of Slither was pretty cool! Way to go, Axl — thanks for tackling it. I wonder if he could use that bridge voice for more of it... and other GNR songs too... has some venom to it.

I don’t like watching Scott’s versions of GNR songs but on the Libertad tour when I saw them live ISE and Mr Brownstone were killer. And I hate when people make the live/recorded distinction haha.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I'm not going to vote but I do gotta say that it was rough at first but Axl keeps getting better at Slither and I think he does a really good job now.. Plus it is just super fucking cool that he is doing it in general.. Here is a video from the last show

Pretty much this.  He's basically nailing it now.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Slither has gotten better and Axl sounds generally okay on it despite the Mickey on the chorus. I like what he’s going for but he either needs to rasp it or drop it and just sing it like the album.

Overall though, I vote for Scott. What he lacks in high vocals is made up for in sheer charisma. He knows he can’t sing high so he doesn’t even try. He does it like Scott and does it well.

This

Scott. Easy pick for me, when though Axl has improved