Scott Weiland on It's So Easy vs. Axl Rose on Slither

Scott Weiland on It's So Easy vs. Axl Rose on Slither  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Axl sounds much, much better on Slither than he did at the beginning of this leg. It’s So Easy, no pun intended, is a fairly easy song to tackle. That’s disregarding the high notes which Scott didn’t bother with, making his version of ISE even less interesting to me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I'm not going to vote but I do gotta say that it was rough at first but Axl keeps getting better at Slither and I think he does a really good job now.. Plus it is just super fucking cool that he is doing it in general.. Here is a video from the last show

Let's admit it, once you strip off the novelty of Slither, deep inside you know you careen towards Scott. 

• Like 2

I saw Axl performing Slither at the Nijmegen concert and it was one of the highlights for me.

But... Scott doesn't sound like Mickey Mouse and actually was still able to sing his big hits (like STP's Plush) the way they should sound.

So I voted Scott. Also because if it were Scott on Patience vs Axl on Slither, Axl wouldn't stand a chance.

That being said, I always was a big fan of STP and VR. Big fan of Chris Cornell too.

So when GNR performed Slither and Black Hole Sun, I was just friggin happy to hear those songs live...

Others went for beer when I was rocking out haha.

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 1

I've gotta give Axl credit he's been getting better and better on Slither but personally the Scott version of ISE will always be important to me. I remember ripping the audio of the download performance from YouTube to put on my ipod when I was a kid and being blown away by it when I saw VR.

Axl still fucks up the lyric timing on the verse, “where you run to me” part, and it irks the shit outta me. Just fucken learn it properly Axl... plus add his atrocious Mickey on the chorus, and it’s Scott all the way.

I know Scott had his vocal limitations, but he he still tackled ISE with VR very well.

Man these videos make me realise just how great Velvet Revolver were.  Top, top band.  We didn't really appreciate what we had then looking back.  VR kicking ass, Izzy sometimes guesting, Axl kicking ass, izzy sometimes guesting, the mystique and excitement of Chinese Democracy, the leaks, the debut of new tracks... 99% of people still wanted a reunion.  Now look at what we got.... Fuck me, it depresses me.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, T-Minus said:

Man these videos make me realise just how great Velvet Revolver were.  Top, top band.  We didn't really appreciate what we had then looking back.  VR kicking ass, Izzy sometimes guesting, Axl kicking ass, izzy sometimes guesting, the mystique and excitement of Chinese Democracy, the leaks, the debut of new tracks... 99% of people still wanted a reunion.  Now look at what we got.... Fuck me, it depresses me.

so damn true. it all had fucking energy. also throw Duff's Loaded into the pot. 

now it has energy too and appetite as well. for a cash grab.

• Like 1

Just now, zombux said:

so damn true. it all had fucking energy. also throw Duff's Loaded into the pot. 

now it has energy too and appetite as well. for a cash grab.

Absolutely.  The worst part of this current lineup, aside from the fact that AXL seemingly cannot be bothered to actually put effort in is the fact they often appear bored.  It's the least energy I've ever seen Slash play with at times.  It's all going through the motions, every show is exactly the same and the only thing Axl seems to care about is which stupid hat he will wear for which song.

Back in NewGuns he still had that edge of danger, as did Scott in VR.  All of the shows were unique, and had a certain air of surprise...

If 2006/7 Axl had covered Slither, I would have loved it.  This version is barely listenable.  It's akin to having a dog that no longer can walk properly and that awful feeling in the pit of your stomach because you know it's not going to improve.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2018 at 5:40 AM, TheGeneral said:

I actually enjoy Axl's Mickey voice on the chorus. There are just songs where Mickey does fit (like Catcher in the Rye) and I think Slither is one of them. I think it sounds very 'harmonic' the way he sings it. No, I'm not joking.

There's only one place Mickey fits, and it's fucking Disney World. Until GNR start performing at Disney, Mickey has no place at the shows. 

It's a cheat/falsetto because he can't hit the highs with power anymore. Understandable, given his age... but it's a rather comical voice that makes aggressive songs sound laughable.

I've heard every song sans-Mickey, and believe me - Mickey is never an improvement.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2