Scott Weiland on It's So Easy vs. Axl Rose on Slither

Scott Weiland on It's So Easy vs. Axl Rose on Slither  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, T-Minus said:

Absolutely.  The worst part of this current lineup, aside from the fact that AXL seemingly cannot be bothered to actually put effort in is the fact they often appear bored.  It's the least energy I've ever seen Slash play with at times.  It's all going through the motions, every show is exactly the same and the only thing Axl seems to care about is which stupid hat he will wear for which song.

Back in NewGuns he still had that edge of danger, as did Scott in VR.  All of the shows were unique, and had a certain air of surprise...

If 2006/7 Axl had covered Slither, I would have loved it.  This version is barely listenable.  It's akin to having a dog that no longer can walk properly and that awful feeling in the pit of your stomach because you know it's not going to improve.

I agree with the effort - or lack thereof. In 2006, Axl was spitting fire. Looked like he had something to prove, and was proving it. Same with AC/DC - Axl was ferocious out there. Haven't seen him wail with that kind of raw power in a decade. He seemed more interested and challenged by that than the current tour. Understandable to an extent. How many times can you sing the same fucking songs, year after year before you tire of them? They always have the option of opening up the catalog a bit, and even exploring a few more VR songs as opposed to the same stale set they've been crapping out for a few years now.

I saw a few of the early NITL tour shows - FedEx, and Metlife X2, and they were terrific shows. The quality has just kinda flatlined at some point where there is little to no excitement. I'm sure people in attendance enjoy the shows, but nowadays everything is on broadcast. Everyone is an amateur videographer with a smartphone - would be nice to at least mix up the order of the songs a bit. The Easy/Brownstone/Jungle intro has been beaten into the ground. 

Scott all the way. Axl ruins Slither by trying to be raspy in the chorus. Scott was true to the original on Its So Easy. And overall, Scott was a much better vocalist. He may not have had as wide of a range as Axl, but he was much more versatile. I like to call him a vocal chameleon. He could do the powerful hard rocking stuff and also sing ballads beautifully with a much cleaner toned voice. He was a much more diverse singer than Axl. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, LikeADog93 said:

Scott all the way. Axl ruins Slither by trying to be raspy in the chorus. Scott was true to the orignal on Its So Easy. And overall, Scott was a much better vocalist. He may not have had as wide of a range as Axl, but he was much more versatile. I like to call him a vocal chameleon. He could do the powerful hard rocking stuff and also sing ballads beautifully with a much cleaner toned voice. He was a much more diverse singer than Axl. 

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, trev said:

Anybody with a decent ear for vocals can come to the conclusion that Weiland was much better than Axl. To me, Axl’s appeal was always about his attitude and unpredictability, not his singing. Even in his prime he was inconsistent. Weiland in his prime blows away Axl in his prime. It’s not even close in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, action said:

somehow I find this more GNR than the NITL lineup, and it's not even a contest

Slash, Izzy, Duff and Sorum.. It IS more Gn'R than the NITL lineup lol.  It also has the powerful Gn'R feel that the current lineup just can't seem to find whether it is due to Frank, click tracks or whatever...

4 minutes ago, LikeADog93 said:

Agree. Dare I say that Axl is the weak link of the original 5? I think he is if you compare his recent performances to the other 4.

I don't have a problem with Axl.. His current state is what it is but I would still rather him up there fronting the band than anyone else.. My issue is more with the quality of the quality of the music being played by the band. The drums are hands down the biggest issue. Also if they are using click tracks, that just doesn't work for the loose raw style that one time made them the greatest rock band in the world. 

I'd much rather have Duff sing It's So Easy than Scott. Scott has his own style of singing and in my opinion, just doesn't fit the style of the song, especially during the high notes of the song. I'd take Axl on Slither anyday, I just perfer he'd use less bass in his voice during the song. I think he's progressively gotten a little better at performing it though and just finding ways to add his own flavor to it. 

16 hours ago, LikeADog93 said:

Anybody with a decent ear for vocals can come to the conclusion that Weiland was much better than Axl. To me, Axl’s appeal was always about his attitude and unpredictability, not his singing. Even in his prime he was inconsistent. Weiland in his prime blows away Axl in his prime. It’s not even close in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, metallex78 said:

I’m surprised people are voting for Axl. Slither at its best with him still sounds pretty average, and that Mickey chorus is outright terrible.

He was terrible at first and I hate the Mickey Voice but the voice he is using in the chorus isn't quite Mickey to me. 

23 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

From yesterday.. Fucking love it

I've tried so hard, over and over to like this or at least tolerate it but that high pitched squawking chorus is absolutely finger nails on a chalkboard terrible.  If he didn't do that, i'd be able to digest it... maybe.

Edited by T-Minus
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, trev said:

That’s a real insightful response. Instead of expressing yourself with emoji’s, maybe tell me why you think Axl is better. Link some videos where you think Axl is great. I’m open to discussion. You giving me nothing but face palms isn’t going to change my mind. Here's some video of Scott

Edited by LikeADog93