Final thoughts on NITL tour

Final thoughts:

- Axl gave his best performances since 2010. That being said, Axl sounded much better in 2010. Sadly, I doubt he will ever be back to his 2010 level. The Gn'R catalogue is so hard and demanding... 2016-2018 was great, but nowhere near 2010. Also, sorry to say it again, but Slash can't play the CD material. He sounds awful on those songs. Granted he sounds perfect on the older catalogue. But I wish we had Buckethead or Bumblefoot to cover the CD material.

I was praising how good Axl sounded in 2010, I told all my friends he was back to his 90's level... You had to be there at the right time to witness it. I remember Bergen, Oslo, and Paris. It was fucking great.

Sadly some morons didn't listen. The worst excuse was "yeah but Slash isn't there" and they didn't go to any of the 2010 shows. Same morons who bought their tickets

the minute Slash was back in the band. Same morons that think Axl sounded "better than ever" during the 2016-2018 shows but weren't there in 2010. Garbage followers.

- The setlist was incredible and I can't congratulate Axl enough for singing Coma at every gig. 

- But they didn't bring new material on the table in two years (except some cool covers like "Black Hole Sun"). Sad.

- The shows were tight. 

-But nothing is suprising.

Overall, I will not attend a new Gn'R show unless they release new music. I have a huge respect (more than that, actually) for Axl, and if it wasn't for him, I would have stopped listening to GN'R. To be perfectly honest, I'm only in for Axl and would love to hear the rest of the Chinese Democracy vault.

Axl took the hard path. For that, he has my eternal respect. I wish things turn out for the better for him. He deserves the best. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, D.. said:

Final thoughts:

- Axl gave his best performances since 2010. That being said, Axl sounded much better in 2010. Sadly, I doubt he will ever be back to his 2010 level. The Gn'R catalogue is so hard and demanding... 2016-2018 was great, but nowhere near 2010.

I'd buy that if he wasn't absolutely killing it with AC/DC. His voice in the Axl/DC shows was easily as good as any of the 2010 shows.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, WWEROSES said:

I saw the band three times during this tour. twice at the two nights they were at Foxborough, Ma in 2016 and the third time was when they hit Boston back in 2017. I'm 31 years old, so I was to young to see the band during their younger days. But I've been a die hard fan since I found out about them when I was in my preteen years. Downloading every bootleg I could find. Being just obsessed with the band. So seeing them for the first time after missing the opportunity when they rolled around in 2002 and 2006 was a dream for me. I remember seeing them take stage all three times before starting It's So Easy and just start crying like a baby.

Pros: Seeing the major three back together again, the setlist is probably the best it can be considering they are putting on 3 hour plus shows. The band showing up on time. I remember walking into every show I've been to with people talking about how late Axl was going to be despite during the entire tour how they've been on time every time.  The stage setup, the video graphics, the pyrotechnics. Just everything all around was pretty near perfect in my opinion. The all around excitement for me personally was overwhelming and even going back and listening to the bootlegs of the shows I attended, I still get teary eyed and get goosebumps. Another Pro is the Box set. Leaving each show and hearing everyone talking as their leaving the venue on how it was best concert they've ever been too and how awesome the band sounded.

Cons: No Izzy and Steven, but for me, I'd rather have consistency with reliable players showing up. No new music or band interviews. Con, the price of the box set.

My personal thoughts compared to everyone elses. Everyone has a right to their opinion. While I do agree on the disappointment on the lack of new music and band interviews. I am overall satisfied with how this tour turned out. I'm not a member of any other band forum but I have to say GN'R fans on this forum are so damn entitled and seem to love to complain more than actually appreciate what we got. We had nothing going on with this band since 93 if you're not counting the New GNR era. People bitching about the setlist, the length of the show, how "bad" Axl voice sounds, bitching about the druming, bitching about Richard's playing. I remember during the New GNR days, people were not bitching about Richard and Frank. I seem to recall people on this forum liking Frank and his style, that his style is a throwback to Steven's playing. People actually saying how talented of a player Richard is and how he's a throwback to Izzy. You can say Richard and Frank have contributed nothing to this band...I'm sorry to break it to you, but that falls on Axl and the record company, not them. As its been said, there's a whole library full of songs that have been recorded that haven't seen the light of day. For all we know, its the best damn songs written in history or the crappiest songs ever written in history, we don't know until something happens. Its been stated in an interview by both Axl and Duff that they made the decision to speed up the tempo, why Frank is getting the blame on that is beyond me.  It honestly feels like people come on here because they don't have anything better to do than complain about their favorite band...As I mentioned before...what more can you ask of these guys who are pushing 60? you've got a very long setlist, a catalog of songs of their biggest hits, a few covers (which they've always did covers, especially back during the Illusion days, its nothing new), they're showing up on time, having a good time ontop of that and you don't get Axl stopping the show on bad nights where he's off or not in a great mood. Then you get people making the assumptions that its a cash grab tour.....which I don't understand...isn't the point for any band to tour is to make money? Yeah, they're making alot of money doing these shows, but so do other bands who are considered legendary acts. I saw Metallica the last year, just a few months prior to Gun's show and the ticket price was roughly the same. I saw Stevie Nicks a couple years ago as well and the price of the tickets were around the same price. They were a number of legendary bands/acts that were touring last year that I wanted to see and the majority of them has ticket prices that were going for around the same price as the Guns tickets. As far as the band merch is concerned...I've went to number concerts in the last couple years for band that are not on the same playing field as GN'R and their band merch was just as high in price. Why people bitch about the cost is surprising to me, thats like going to any major sporting even and bitching about the cost of a beer or the cost of buying a hat or jersey...you know its going to be expensive, this isn't something new that just recently started to become a trend. Why do GN'R fans think they have so much entitlement is beyond me.  

Absolutely. Well said. Everything is great. So far and we're lucky to have gotten this at all.

All that's missing is new music and promotion.

• Thanks 1

+ Axl's voice, and his look and attitude now. Different man than in 2012

+ Slash, Duff, Richard and Melissa

+ Setlists

+ They are great and succesful band again

+ Stage, screens, pirotechnics, everything about stage

- Axl's Voice

- No new material

Great tour in my opinion

8 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Well, the tour doesn’t necessarily seem to be wrapping up yet. There’s another leg in the fall/early winter. I could see more legs and dates being added. 

The tour, for me, has kept me interested since they’ve been adding just enough every leg. Last leg it was CD songs like Maddy and Prostitue, this leg Slither and Shadow. Once they stop adding stuff here or there it’s on the verge of being boring for me. Axl’s voice is the weakest link for me. Frank also ruins some of the songs for me. But overall it’s a pretty fair tour. It’s not awful but not great either.

Im still predicting another oz tour especially when they are doing asia.

Saw the tour 3 times: Vegas 2016, night 2.........Detroit 2016, tour opener............Chicago, night 2.

Overall, Vegas & Detroit were the most fun because of all the fans. Chicago was the best performance wise. 

My biggest takeaway was that this was the first time in a LONG time that anyone I know outside of the forums was excited about what GN'R was doing. That has everything to do with Slash being there but that's fine. Even though Robin is my personal favorite, I totally get how/why Slash is the deal for everyone else. I also thought it showed a LOT of class on his (Slash's) part to do the CD songs. 

My biggest and only disappointment from the past 2 years is the lack of new music. I'm just stunned that Axl Rose still has no interest in putting out new music for his fans to enjoy. Here's hoping that next year yields a new GN'R album. If not, I believe I've seen them for the last time.

• Like 4

Toronto 2016 was the only show that I attended. It was incredible to see Slash, Duff & Axl sharing the same stage. 

A shitty fanclub, over priced tickets, ridculous box set, GNAir, the lack of new material, and Axl's vocal delivery have been very disappointing. 

Axl played music for Slash & Duff over two years ago, but they release 30 year old songs instead.

It's crazy to think that Chinese Democracy (an album many of us thought would never see the light of day) is going to be 10 years old, and there's been nothing since.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, D.. said:

Also, sorry to say it again, but Slash can't play the CD material. He sounds awful on those songs. Granted he sounds perfect on the older catalogue. But I wish we had Buckethead or Bumblefoot to cover the CD material.

He just doesnt seem to care as its not something he seems to enjoy.

Pros - Axl has been on time.  Melissa Reese's backing vocals, No Ashba, No Pitman.
Cons - No Izzy, No Adler, No New Material, Axl sounds like churned up garbage, Slash is playing 20 minute solos, Ludicrous ticket prices, Golden Circle bullshit.

Pros: 

-We got to see Guns N' Roses return, with a few surprises up their sleeve.

-Making a lot of younger fans dreams come true

-Fantastic performances

-The restoration of GNR tracks and demos in the boxset

-Angus Young occasionally guesting

-Adler

Cons:

-Lack of new music

-Exclusion of Izzy

-1000$ for a boxset

-Lord Pitman being treated like shit

Glad it happened. It was full circle. For the band and for me personally. I'm not sure if it's as good as it can get with these three. The biggest weak points are Axl's voice and the feel I got that it was all still a bit uneasy. That said, I loved it for what it was. I also feel it needs to end now. You might point towards bands like Aerosmith or the Stones who tour continuously with no real new music most of the time. But to me those are on another level compared to what GnR can do. GnR is too inconsistent imo. So I'd say new music or call it quits now and end on a high point. Ultimately, finally, I saw the two people live on stage together that with just one live performance on tv sparked my love for rock music when I was 13 years old. And I'm very grateful for that. 

My thoughts, Seeing them this time in Minneapolis was fun and it was good to see them on stage again. Made me think of the first time I saw them back in 1992 at Target Center/MPLS. Did some digging tickets were $20 for lower level. Times have changed I am glad I didn't have to wait around til 12:15AM again.

---From GNRTour.com:

01.22.92 - Target Center, Minneapolis, MN
opening act: Soundgarden
set: Perfect Crime, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, Attitude, It's So Easy, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Wild Horses [Intro] / Patience, You Could Be Mine, So Fine, Nightrain, Don't Cry, Welcome To The Jungle, Piano Solo, November Rain, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sail Away Sweet Sister / Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Move To The City, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Estranged, Mother [Intro] / Paradise City
attendance: 16,000
notes: The band came onstage at 12:15 a.m. and the show ended at 2:50 a.m. Before 'Double Talkin' Jive,' Axl makes fun of his own rants. Axl mentions he wrote 'Don't Cry' from a third person point-of-view.

see the band 9 times on this tour has been a treat. Would I love to see new music? sure but you'll hear no complaining from me. 

From vegas, to coachella, to philly, to metlife, to MSGx3, newark and finally BARCELONA. Great times

I think it's fine as it is, I would like to see more guest though.

See, I was at the São Paulo Trip concert and Alice Cooper was the opening act, I'd love to see them getting together to play "The Garden".

But I wish at some point they could change Coma for Locomotive.

I think it could be interesting to have Gunner bands openning for them such as: Adler's Appetite, Loaded, SMK, Izzy, The Dead Daisies, Gilby.

But I saw them in 2016 and 2017 and it was perfect!

The only con for me is that I didn't go to a show. I didn't buy into the hype of the reunion tour as they aren't really my thing and maybe the memory of the '91 show still haunted me.  But seeing Axl, Slash and Duff on stage together and having a great time is something that I won't miss again if another US leg is added. If this is the end, not going to a show is a huge regret. 

• Sad 1