To Those Who Buys/Collects Sports Jersey- With Player's Name or Blank?

ChristmasFnatic

I had an epiphany about 'sports jerseys'.  You look like a cunt in em.  I wish someone had told me this prior to my buying every fuckin' arsenal since aged 16 right up until this season.  And a fair few England ones too.  Only ever got two players name ones, not sure why.  Ones Thierry Henry and the other one, inexplicably, was Giroud :lol:  Turned out to be a fake and the name peeled off, only time I ever bought one online!  First and fuckin' last.  So yeah, dress like a fuckin' man, thats Uncle Lens advice.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

I don't tend to wear many replica shirts but blank please - by gawd. Nothing worse than a potbellied pink skinned bald Englishman in Benedorrm with ''Beckham'' on the back haha.

Another alternative is to have your own name on the back, as if you're a bona fide team member haha. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I don't tend to wear many replica shirts but blank please - by gawd. Nothing worse than a potbellied pink skinned bald Englishman in Benedorrm with ''Beckham'' on the back haha.

Another alternative is to have your own name on the back, as if you're a bona fide nobber.

Fixed.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I had an epiphany about 'sports jerseys'.  You look like a cunt in em.  I wish someone had told me this prior to my buying every fuckin' arsenal since aged 16 right up until this season.  And a fair few England ones too.  Only ever got two players name ones, not sure why.  Ones Thierry Henry and the other one, inexplicably, was Giroud :lol:  Turned out to be a fake and the name peeled off, only time I ever bought one online!  First and fuckin' last.

LOL! Wait so you will  stop buying now then? Just wear them oversized like Axl! And may I know why you prefer blank? Just feels... empty at the back.
Also, didnt you buy at a respectable site online?

6 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

LOL! Wait so you will  stop buying now then? Just wear them oversized like Axl! And may I know why you prefer blank? Just feels... empty at the back.
Also, didnt you buy at a respectable site online?

I ain't stopped buying em cuz I'm fat you cunt, I stopped buying em cuz they looked ridiculous, what do I wanna wear em oversized for?! :lol:  I used to always get em from the shops, the one fake one i bought was the one I mentioned up there.

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

So Len, you didn't buy the new England shirt?

Nah, and they got to the semis...which I'm taking as a further sign :lol:

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

I ain't stopped buying em cuz I'm fat you cunt, I stopped buying em cuz they looked ridiculous, what do I wanna wear em oversized for?! :lol:  I used to always get em from the shops, the one fake one i bought was the one I mentioned up there.

You have been jinxing it all along. The minute you didn't buy one ''England wins wos the world cup''!! All those fluffed penalties and controversies, e.g., Lampard's goal (that wasn't), Beckham's sending-off, all because Len had bought a shirt.

Did anyone see this year's Uruguayan shirt? Talk about figure hugging! That leaves nothing to the imagination.

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Just buy from legit online shops then. My ex gave me customized(my name) Poland shirt lol. I cant wear them. Looks dorky.

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You have been jinxing it all along. The minute you didn't buy one ''England wins wos the world cup''!! All those fluffed penalties and controversies, e.g., Lampard's goal (that wasn't), Beckham's sending-off, all because Len had bought a shirt.

Did anyone see this year's Uruguayan shirt? Talk about figure hugging! That leaves nothing to the imagination.

See, this was why I was in the football thread goin' I'm fuckin' doin' things different this year, I ain't gonna sing up our chances, I'm gonna keep schtum, be humble, see what happens, go through that thread and you won't see none of my aggressive abusive pro England rants of days gone, plus no shirt, and see, results :lol:  But shhhh.  No confidence, no arrogance, just shhhh. 

Also, I'm not sure I wanna take the fuckin' responsibility for ALL their results on my head, I was only born in 1983, what the fuck happened the 17 years before? :lol:

Well the replica shirts thing didn't really begin until the 1980s. 

I wear polo shirts with my county's crest. They're much smarter I find. I do have one replica Durham shirt though. And pertaining to football I have an England shirt from some doomed Beckham-era campaign in the wardrobe (and no, I'm not dusting it off for tomorrow or if England are in the final before you ask). 

I might dress like Southgate if England get into the final.

45 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I had that Arsenal one.

Years ago my brother won a raffle in work for a Wales rugby top signed by all the players in a nice frame. He gave it to my dad for Christmas thinking it was a nice gift. Only my dad's not really into sports and didn't really get the uniqueness. A few months later he goes round there to see that my old man had taken it out of the frame and had been wearing it just fucking pottering around the house 😁. Hed put it through the wash a few times aswell so all the signatures had faded off 😁

Well, what use is it in a frame?

• Like 1

I have 2 Vancouver Canucks jerseys...

One is an early 2000's alternate jersey, no name or number on the back (though I got it signed by Matt Cooke in 2006 or 2007). Got this in 2002 or 2003... it definitely looks "of its time" :lol:

canucksalt1.jpg

and one Trevor Linden jersey that I got in 2008 (the one I have is slightly different but this pic is close enough)

canucks_195.jpg

Maybe it’s a continent thing, because in North America it’s more common to see jerseys with a player name and number on them. I have a Raiders Bo Jackson black #34 and a NY Rangers Messier #11 that I wear during their respective seasons.

European soccer jerseys are hideous. I saw a ton of them in the Toronto airport (obviously because the World Cup is going on, so I’m told)... they are nothing but advertising for a product! “Fly Emirates” or some horseshit. I guess you tell who the fuck team it is by the stripes and the ad? No thanks. :lol:

Edited by Fitha_whiskey

Ive always got the ones with the name on the back

I do think it comes a age where you look silly wearing a sports jersey though. Last one i bought was Chicago Bulls Derrick Rose back in 2011 and i probably wont ever buy another one.

Though if you really want one with a name but not be older than the player, go for a throwback.

Jerseys are stupid expensive ($300 or so, especially when it has a player’s name on it). Therefore, if I were to get one, I’d get one that is blank on the back. It would be less expensive and wouldn’t have an “expiration date” of whenever that player got traded or signed elsewhere. Or if you must, then get some retired legendary player. But I’m also not much into having some other dude’s name written on my back. 

And although all sports jerseys do look kinda dumb, when it comes to English sports and soccer in general, yeah, everyone looks like a hooray for tolerance! so definitely don’t bother.