Rumored "Golden Ticket" In One Of The Locked N' Loaded Sets

I apologize if this already has a thread, or has been covered.

A tweet sent by GN'R manager Fernando Lebeis around the time of the Appetite remaster announcement seems to indicate that one of the Locked N' Loaded box sets may have a "golden ticket", or as he phrased it, a "golden opportunity". Something right out of Willy Wonka. There's a woman/superfan who I've chatted with on both Facebook and You Tube who says it is absolutely true, though aside from Fernando's somewhat unspecific tweet, there's been no confirmation from the band, or Universal music, that I know of.

I went through my Locked N' Loaded set pretty thoroughly (found the hidden cassette), but I didn't find any golden ticket. Obviously, the odds would be 1 in 10,000 that it was in my box, if it actually exists at all. But I didn't want to take the shrink wrap off any of my vinyls, nor open up the case with the book, as I have a Super Deluxe Edition that I did open, and it's the same thing. So, I don't know if it could possibly be something stashed in one of the vinyls that would require opening, or within the envelope packaged with the book...if not in my Locked N' Loaded box, then someone else's?

Has anyone heard about this "golden ticket", whether it really exists, and if it's already been discovered?

• Like 1

"Hi.

This is an unheard recording composed by Mothergoose with Shaq and Pitman spitting some Gangsta Rap.

Thanks for the benjamins.

Love Uncle Ax and Shaq."

In all seriousness, I bet it'll be a flight on the new airplane with Dizzy, 4tus, Frank and Melissa.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I went through my Locked N' Loaded set pretty thoroughly (found the hidden cassette), but I didn't find any golden ticket. Obviously, the odds would be 1 in 10,000 that it was in my box, if it actually exists at all. But I didn't want to take the shrink wrap off any of my vinyls, nor open up the case with the book, as I have a Super Deluxe Edition that I did open, and it's the same thing. So, I don't know if it could possibly be something stashed in one of the vinyls that would require opening, or within the envelope packaged with the book...if not in my Locked N' Loaded box, then someone else's?

open them or you'll never know :P

• Like 2

6 hours ago, scooby845 said:

I always thought that it would be a lifetime pass to GNR concerts.... 

Don't kid yourself. It's a ticket pass for a single concert of your choice. On the seats highest and furthest from the stage :P

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Win some GNAIR merchandising.

Did anything come of that GNAIR thing by the way, or was it literally just a merchandising line?

the idea never got off the ground 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...