One in a Billion - November Rain (its official)

36 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

the fact that this photo of four men against the sun setting has 389 million views on youtube proves that Axl's decision to make million dollars videos that NO ONE IN GUNS N' ROSES WANTED TO DO was nothing short of... EPIC!

Haha yea but we are talking about a video from 1991 that made its YouTube debut like 8 years ago officially. There’s no other video doing that. 

But I can agree that YouTube views in general don’t mean much. However, this is widely regarded as one of the most epic music videos ever made. 

Slash talked about the video recently:

Q: The best location where you shot a video.
Slash: Probably that fucking church for the November Rain video. I mean, that was a pretty cool location. It was just a movie set from Silverado. That sort of out in the middle of nowhere with that church, it was pretty cool.

http://www.a-4-d.com/t3170-2018-09-24-konbini-france-track-id-slash

Also included on the reissue's deluxe editions are two early versions of "November Rain", the video for which recently became the oldest music video to reach 1 billion views on YouTube. "That was an epic production," Slash recalled. "That was all more Axl's vision than anything I had to do with it. My contribution was [that] I would write my own part, where the leaving the wedding and doing the church thing was concerned. The way that [director] Andy Morahan shot it, I thought, 'This is going to be the last thing I ever do,' because these helicopters were flying at me. I thought, 'It'll look cool doing it, and that will be my last day.' Because it was such an elaborate production, being a very sort of stripped-down rock guy, I was like, 'Oh, God. All this stuff!' But it did come out pretty fuckin' awesome. Now, all this time later, it's more of a hats-off to Axl than anything that it's reached that threshold. I always knew that that was a cool song. I never count my eggs as far as in advance how epic or how big, because always whenever you feel that is when it goes the opposite direction. You just do it; you enjoy it in the moment; and wherever it goes, it goes. But I always knew that that was a really great song."

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1