What if D.J. and Bumblefoot were never a part of GNR?

andrew032302

11 minutes ago, SlashisGOD said:

I think Slash would have come back much much sooner had Bumble never joined. I could see it possibly being Izzy and Slash in 2006.

I would say Axl, Slash, Richard, Duff or Tommy, Brain, Dizzy, Chris. Izzy would've been a special guest. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

i actually had this conversation with a swedish guitarplayer over dinner who shall remain anonymous (but obviously he was and still is a very well respected guitarplayer touring all over the world) who was offered the vacant guitar slot that Bucket left behind. But the player in question declined, because he didnt want to give up the current projects he was involved with, despite the money they were offering him. To tell you the truth i wanted to drag him across the dinner table and ask him if he was stupid intentionally or just born that way lol. Not because of the money, but it's GnR, i wouldnt hesitate a second to play in my favorite band. But that's just me personally. I could understand his point of view, he was already happy and making a living in the music world his way, which is incredibly hard to accomplish

Edited by Shackler89
typo
  • Like 1

On 14/07/2018 at 6:25 PM, andrew032302 said:

Let me explain.

Let's say you wake up tomorrow and D.J. and Bumblefoot were never a part of the band. Where does the band go? And who are Robin and Bucket's replacements?

so these guys were in GNR? wow, how cool! i thought they were members of axl rose solo band! thanks for letting me know!

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 14/7/2018 at 6:25 PM, andrew032302 said:

Let me explain.

Let's say you wake up tomorrow and D.J. and Bumblefoot were never a part of the band. Where does the band go? And who are Robin and Bucket's replacements?

Reunion process would have been sped up and that would have benefitted all of us of seeing a younger version of their return. Maybe a younger non-fat Axl still hitting the high notes.

In a nutshell, it would have been AMAZING to not have any of them around.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2018 at 12:06 AM, ToonGuns said:

correct

D.J. Ashba killed New GNR. Bumblefoot was actually someone that listened to the fans and was on the very level of Bucket but slightly behind. Ashba turned it to a self-pomotion and really didn't care about the band other than using it as a platform to sell himself no matter how bad he played. The fact is that Bumblefoot and Fortus should have rotated lead during that time. Bumblefoot wanted to create music and be a part of an actively producing band and since Chinese Democracy, Axl wasn't that active on that front. Bumble even came up with the idea to produce a single song that they could tour with and wouldn't have to put out a new album as it was a huge pain for GNR to do. However that never materialized and Bumble eventually left after Tommy was replaced by Duff during the last tour that was Appetite for Democracy.

To be honest, I would love it if BBF was the third guitarist with Slash and Fortus because it added a Album like sound live.