Chinese Democracy "Easter Eggs" - Discussion

That section on TWAT where Axl's playing guitar is one of the highlights of the song, and it's one of the best songs on the album. Though didn't he say that it's not really him playing that guitar part, but pieces of his guitar playing spliced together with other guitar parts? I seem to remember his saying he played only 'bits and pieces' or something, and the guitar part was 'built' from different recordings.

Also the string section underneath the solo on TIL is amazing, honestly that part is just as good without the solo.

The 'second chorus' in Scraped wasn't even fully included in the video, they missed half of it. :lol: but I do like that buried chorus, "I'd give anything to know, how you live with yourself, I would have never made it so far, all by myself..."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, T-Minus said:

It's a shame that a lot of this type of stuff is buried and lost in the final mix.  Patti Hood's harp playing on This I Love is fantastic and yet you can barely hear it on the final mix...

It's not a shame because we got to hear it all on detail. What is a shame is UYI Easter eggs that we'll probably never hear

Chinese democracy has so many layers that's very difficult to find someone that is able to say "Oh, I've listened to chinese democracy". Sometimes, they just fluttered upon the songs and not payin' attention to the details. I got find those multitracks again, in that wav format that leaked in 2012...

• Like 1

I remember when bands let you "rewind" from track 1 to find a bonus 'song 0' on their CDs. No idea how it worked but a lot of bands did it, they were cool easter eggs though :shrugs: Guessing if something like that was on a GNR CD we'd have found it years ago.

29 minutes ago, downliner said:

I remember when bands let you "rewind" from track 1 to find a bonus 'song 0' on their CDs. No idea how it worked but a lot of bands did it, they were cool easter eggs though :shrugs: Guessing if something like that was on a GNR CD we'd have found it years ago.

a large portion of GN'R fans have not found the chidem album or the songs clearly printed on the cover yet, give them chance :) 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Gackt said:

The album's got a lot of layers, truly the thinking man's Guns album

I'd love to hear the album done acoustically to see what kind of experience that would be.

Better with BBF's acoustic work doesn't sound good. I mean, Axl's vocals in that song were not meant to "work" with an acoustic guitar.
But I'd love to see what would come out of an Acoustic version of Madagascar, TWAT or CITR. 
They did something in that lines in 2010

On 7/15/2018 at 1:14 PM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

This one has some interesting stuff that got buried in the mix

Amazing. So much got buried in the final mix. The strings section, acoustic guitar, mostly. Imagine if in concert they did an extended jam, either in the middle, or end of the song, that featured that acoustic melody being repeated by Richard, with Mellisa playing the strings, dizzy repeating that piano riff, and axl doing some sort of subtle piano soloing? What a way to shake up the monotony of the setlist... it would be a show highlight for sure... i can hear it in my head and its glorious.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Amazing. So much got buried in the final mix. The strings section, acoustic guitar, mostly. Imagine if in concert they did an extended jam, either in the middle, or end of the song, that featured that acoustic melody being repeated by Richard, with Mellisa playing the strings, dizzy repeating that piano riff, and axl doing some sort of subtle piano soloing? What a way to shake up the monotony of the setlist... it would be a show highlight for sure... i can hear it in my head and its glorious.

I did a remix similar to that using the stems. I'll see if I can find it. I've always liked the acoustic part that goes under Robin's solo

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 1